Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by johnthegriff »

Tiglon is happy that they are putting prices up in order for us to remain competitive, sounds good but the trick is to increase revenue, if higher ticket prices means fewer renewals the net result maybe a loss of income. As a Direct debit customer i have received a notification thanking me for renewing without first asking if I wanted to renew, I have schedule of my new payments and the new total cost of.my season ticket, in he small print below it mentions that there is a £5 charge for direct debit payment it does not specify whether that is a one off or a monthly charge. If it is a one off charge I am not happy, if it is a.charge on each payment then my ticket will be cancelled.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I’m very happy to be corrected but I think there has always been a charge from banks to businesses for setting up direct debits but was lower than a £5 and was absorbed by the business concerned.
I’m unsure how many direct debits Tigers collect but for 2000 spectators that is a cost of £10000 to the business. I’m almost certain this will be a one off fee.
My apologies if any or all of the above is incorrect
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 am Tiglon is happy that they are putting prices up in order for us to remain competitive, sounds good but the trick is to increase revenue, if higher ticket prices means fewer renewals the net result maybe a loss of income. As a Direct debit customer i have received a notification thanking me for renewing without first asking if I wanted to renew, I have schedule of my new payments and the new total cost of.my season ticket, in he small print below it mentions that there is a £5 charge for direct debit payment it does not specify whether that is a one off or a monthly charge. If it is a one off charge I am not happy, if it is a.charge on each payment then my ticket will be cancelled.
I'm 99.9% sure it's a one off charge.

How many people are actually going to cancel over £5-10 per month? Look around at what other things cost, including other rugby tickets and other visitir attractions. The price is still very reasonable.

If they keep prices the same, there is very limited opportunity to increase revenue with occupancy already at a very high level. Sure, the chosen approach might fail (unlikely), but at least their trying to make the club sustainable, right?
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 am Tiglon is happy that they are putting prices up in order for us to remain competitive, sounds good but the trick is to increase revenue, if higher ticket prices means fewer renewals the net result maybe a loss of income. As a Direct debit customer i have received a notification thanking me for renewing without first asking if I wanted to renew, I have schedule of my new payments and the new total cost of.my season ticket, in he small print below it mentions that there is a £5 charge for direct debit payment it does not specify whether that is a one off or a monthly charge. If it is a one off charge I am not happy, if it is a.charge on each payment then my ticket will be cancelled.
still no e-mail for me
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:39 am
I'm 99.9% sure it's a one off charge.

How many people are actually going to cancel over £5-10 per month? Look around at what other things cost, including other rugby tickets and other visitir attractions. The price is still very reasonable.

If they keep prices the same, there is very limited opportunity to increase revenue with occupancy already at a very high level. Sure, the chosen approach might fail (unlikely), but at least their trying to make the club sustainable, right?
Agreed. If we all want a rugby club to support we all need to chip in. Fully understand that everyone has their own priorities and budget but Tigers need to be sustainable going forward and be able to attract the best players possible. If supporters decide to go on a match by match basis rather than buy a season ticket that is fine as well.
A2O
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As I said earlier if it is a one off charge I accept it although as my D/D was set up years ago I fail to see where the charge comes in, if it is a monthly charge on top of a large increase in percentage terms particularly when offering far less in return, fewer matches, no A League etc matter beyond Tigers control but still less for the money there does .come a point when one has to consider whether they are being taken for a muppet. Communication helps Tigers currently are not proving to be very good at that.
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Sometimes tigers do shoot themselves in the foot:-
fantastic communication from Andrea setting the scene and fully explaining the reasons for price increase, which in the main the majority on here, me included, fully understand - I even praised her for the comms.
And then Monday came!
As already mentioned no personal emails - learning off this forum as to what prices people were being expected to pay.

Sneaked in a £5 admin fee for people paying by DDebit - so say 10000 season ticket holders pay by DDebit, nice little £50000 for doing what? I’ve paid by DDebit for years - they’ll automatically request the new amount by the same DDebit, to the existing bank, and I’ll pay £5 for the pleasure. Time will tell if this is a one off or an annual charge as well. -

And finally the apology email regarding the first point - couldn’t make it up sometimes as a PR faux pas

I’ll still renew as planned but I do really wonder sometimes about offering my services as a publicity/communications officer..
Steve
PAW2
Tiger Cub

Post by PAW2 »

I'm struggling to work out what exactly the pricing is here. Ive tried to read through the board, but suspect Im not alone in being a little confused.

I think for my adult terrace ticket;

> I paid £260 last year (I've checked my direct debits)
> The same ticket this year is probably £360 +£5 admin fee
> There may be an early bird discount, but when I click renew I get this message "There were no subscriptions found that could be renewed at this time." I've had the same tickets for 15 years, I am logged in so maybe another computer error?
> Assuming friendlies, Europe and Prem Cup are the same structure next season, we are paying for 3 less games (WASPS, Worcester, Irish).

Therefore, broadly 28% increase in price for 14% less games?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

CogGom wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:49 am Sometimes tigers do shoot themselves in the foot:-
fantastic communication from Andrea setting the scene and fully explaining the reasons for price increase, which in the main the majority on here, me included, fully understand - I even praised her for the comms.
And then Monday came!
As already mentioned no personal emails - learning off this forum as to what prices people were being expected to pay.

Sneaked in a £5 admin fee for people paying by DDebit - so say 10000 season ticket holders pay by DDebit, nice little £50000 for doing what? I’ve paid by DDebit for years - they’ll automatically request the new amount by the same DDebit, to the existing bank, and I’ll pay £5 for the pleasure. Time will tell if this is a one off or an annual charge as well. -

And finally the apology email regarding the first point - couldn’t make it up sometimes as a PR faux pas

I’ll still renew as planned but I do really wonder sometimes about offering my services as a publicity/communications officer..
Steve
If as I expect that is an admin fee being charged by the banks so that’s where it will all end up
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm
CogGom wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:49 am Sometimes tigers do shoot themselves in the foot:-
And then Monday came!

Steve
If as I expect that is an admin fee being charged by the banks so that’s where it will all end up
There is no fee for a direct debit already setup and continuing - if tigers change it (unnecessarily I might add) then why should we pay.

In other news - still not have the ticket email but had two other emails, one for the shop and one for roarwards…talk about a shambles.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

speedski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:12 pm
And then Monday came!

Steve
There is no fee for a direct debit already setup and continuing - if tigers change it (unnecessarily I might add) then why should we pay.

In other news - still not have the ticket email but had two other emails, one for the shop and one for roarwards…talk about a shambles.
Well Tigers will have to change the amount, but if it is the case that Tigers are passing on the cost of someone’s workload increasing that is not correct
As for your other issue posting on a fans forum isn’t getting you very far
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:22 pm

Well Tigers will have to change the amount, but if it is the case that Tigers are passing on the cost of someone’s workload increasing that is not correct
Sorry why should I have to chase the club to send me the information for the bill they will be sending me (if they ever work it out)?!?

Like has been said - great pre-emptive email from the CEO - horrible execution and yet they keep sending emails out touting for sales in the shop…not a good look.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

speedski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Sorry why should I have to chase the club to send me the information for the bill they will be sending me (if they ever work it out)?!?

Like has been said - great pre-emptive email from the CEO - horrible execution and yet they keep sending emails out touting for sales in the shop…not a good look.
Sorry why should you keep moaning about it on here, which achieves nothing rather than making a polite inquiry to the club, unless you would rather moan
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Sales in the shop is a completely seperate issue here... they will try and clear stocks of products ready for new lines timed with the new season. Some stuff they have excess of and is on sale, a lot is only marginally reduced so I think their stock levels are not bad estimates...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Sorry why should you keep moaning about it on here, which achieves nothing rather than making a polite inquiry to the club, unless you would rather moan
I have politely inquired. Twice.

This thread is about next seasons tickets and this is relevant to the situation many are facing.

I wasnt aware posting on this forum, which the club does read, was not allowed unless it it was positive news :smt017