Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Next seasons season ticket

Post by trendylfj »

The more Andrea Pinchen does, the more I love her approach - brilliant email explaining the situation next year
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerXV

Re: next seasons season ticket

Post by TigerXV »

Agree with the above - its a tough financial climate and if we want to have success on the pitch and rely on self sufficiency rather than leaning on bringing in significant outside investment to keep us afloat we must all put our hands in our pockets to shoulder the burden

Interested to see what the new offer will be but most likely to sign up even if the price increase is significant
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Could I ask someone to copy said email for those of us that haven’t seen it. Thanks
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I’d rather the prices stay the same and the Saudis just pump some cash in 🤣
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:18 pm Could I ask someone to copy said email for those of us that haven’t seen it. Thanks
At the time I am writing this letter, we remain the only Gallagher Premiership club still alive in all three of the top-tier competitions, sitting sixth in the league, in the Round of 16 of Europe and, last weekend, securing our place in the Premiership Rugby Cup Final.

We have got some work to do from now until the end of the season and the support you give us is vital to our success.

The unrivalled atmosphere and noise that you create at Mattioli Woods Welford Road and on the road, where no club is supported in as many as numbers as us, makes a difference for the players on the pitch.

Therefore, I wanted to start this letter by saying a resounding thank you to all of you, our Season Ticket Holders for being that difference.

Looking forward, next Monday, February 26, we will be sharing the details of 24/25 Season Tickets.

Whilst, in previous seasons, we have first shared this information in emails, website articles and social media posts on the day of it being on-sale, this year I felt it was important to communicate with you ahead of time with details on what you can expect to see.

One of the most important lessons I have learned in my time in this role, especially having taken it on during the COVID-19 pandemic, is that open and honest communication with you, our Season Ticket Holders, is paramount to the responsibilities I and all those at the club have and therefore, it is essential that you are provided with all of the available information with time to digest it.

Our club, fellow clubs, our competitions and our game are not immune to the current financial climate. As we have said on many occasions in recent years, the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing costs associated with that period, as well as events since, have led to an increase in costs placed on us all.

We at Leicester Tigers are no different and know that without the support of yourselves – Season Ticket Holders – and wider supporter base, including our Members, Club Partners, Shareholders and Stakeholders in the club and game, we would not be where we are today. My role, and the role of the Board, is to ensure that our club keeps on target heading towards financial sustainability and remains your club for many, many years to come.

During the past decade, we have chosen not to raise the price of Season Tickets in line with most across our league. While we have had increases, it has been at a lower percentage than benchmarking has suggested the league average to be. The reality of the situation we find ourselves in, as a club, is that costs continue to rise in all areas, including but not limited to, the salary cap being increased; venue and associated costs to operate Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Oval Park and Oaks Park at world class standard; minimum wage of staff and the staff of our providers, including all of our casual staff on matchdays, and inflation.

Prices for next season will be increased. However, this will not be done as a ‘one size fits all’ approach and, rightly so, this decision has been made with both our product and service in mind. We began working on the 24/25 Season Ticket, Membership and match ticket products in November of 2023, when it was abundantly clear that we needed to evolve and enhance the connection we have with our fans and our community. We know we have more work to do to deliver this to a level which is acceptable at Leicester Tigers.

The percentage increase will be varied across categories and so too will the benefits attached to your Season Ticket. We will be offering a host of brand new benefits in 24/25 with a primary focus on providing more access, more exclusive offers and club-wide opportunities for Season Ticket Holders to engage with Leicester Tigers.

Success will not only be judged on what we do on the pitch moving forward, although it will never not be our top priority to deliver you trophies, but how we are measured will be in the connection between you and the players, you and the coaches, you and the club. For me, for all of us, that was the obvious choice.

Season Tickets will no longer be just about providing the best value for a spot in the stands at Mattioli Woods Welford Road for home games, it will be about the most exclusive insight, access, products and offers for those who have signed up.

I am proud of the work that has been done in constructing the new offerings for you in 24/25, specifically the way in which staff have worked with the mindset of re-engaging Season Ticket Holders in improved ways.

Finally, on the 24/25 Men’s Season Ticket, we will be guaranteeing that at no time next season will the value of your match ticket, to the relevant fixture, be undercut on our general sale prices. All general sale tickets in 24/25 will start at a higher price than the associated value on your Season Ticket to that specific fixture.

WOMEN’S SEASON TICKETS

Next Monday’s offering will be for Men’s Season Tickets only for the 24/25 campaign.

We are currently finalising details internally on the Women’s Season Ticket offering for next season, due to wanting to better understand our first-ever season in the top-tier and viability of what has been delivered, as well as awaiting final confirmation on the make-up of the 24/25 season in Allianz Premiership Women’s Rugby and the Allianz Premiership Cup.

Once we have that information available, we hope you will be able to support the women’s programme.

What I can confirm though is that, in 24/25, we will not currently be offering supporters the opportunity to purchase a Dual Season Ticket as we did in the current season. We believe individual products for both men’s and women’s seasons is a much more streamlined and transparent approach moving forward, although we will ensure ease of purchase for both.

MEMBERSHIPS

Next season, in a change from the current Membership available, we will be offering new-look products that we believe better serve current Members, while also providing lapsed or potential members the chance to return to the club because of the improvements we have made.

We believe it is vital that not only Members but all supporters have a better understanding of what it is their investment in Leicester Tigers is doing, how far it goes and, for the first time, the chance to choose where they want to see it being put to the very best use within the club.

More information on the changes and improved products will be announced towards the end of the current season.

As always, thank you for your continued support of Leicester Tigers and I look forward to seeing you at Mattioli Woods Welford Road during the final rounds of this season.

If you have any questions regarding our 24/25 Season Tickets offering, once released, please get in touch with the Ticket Office to discuss in more detail.

Regards,
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

My season ticket has gone up very little in the past 5-6 years so I have no problem paying more. My guess would be an increase of 5-10%.
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Rugbygramps »

Thank you for that
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

A very good communication from Andrea, she did well during Covid, and continues to be a good CEO
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 pm My season ticket has gone up very little in the past 5-6 years so I have no problem paying more. My guess would be an increase of 5-10%.
I think that figure is hopeful. I think we'll be lucky to see 10% at the lower bracket.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I wait with baited breath but I feel that any rise in season ticket price with some 30% less premiership games and the mickey mouse premiership cup some folks may given the cost of living crisis decide that their season ticket(s) is a luxury they can no longer justify.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 pm I wait with baited breath but I feel that any rise in season ticket price with some 30% less premiership games and the mickey mouse premiership cup some folks may given the cost of living crisis decide that their season ticket(s) is a luxury they can no longer justify.
How many games do you need a season ticket to guarantee getting in?
K.O. times random over a weekend....
Would suggest the Season Ticket Price (& any other "benefits") will need to give a pretty good discount over individual purchases.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm
sapajo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 pm I wait with baited breath but I feel that any rise in season ticket price with some 30% less premiership games and the mickey mouse premiership cup some folks may given the cost of living crisis decide that their season ticket(s) is a luxury they can no longer justify.
Would suggest the Season Ticket Price (& any other "benefits") will need to give a pretty good discount over individual purchases.
I am sure you are both correct in some cases, as is the poster that said 10% increase is ok - point is we are all different and it’s not like the club is profiteering just trying to remain competitive against a backdrop of huge losses, and massive debts.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Been a while since I have had a season ticket as I have other weekend commitments so I have no 'skin in the game' but how have season ticket prices been over the last few years compared to inflation.

Appreciate that there are less matches now but i wondered whether some of the loss there has been absorbed or addressed by no increasing prices rather than reducing them.
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Personally, I’d be keen on a season ticket that only admitted me for the Premiership games. I’m not sure whether that is workable from the perspective of the club mind.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm
Quite. I worry about the lack of engagement on this too - when was the last fan engagement survey?

We're firmly in the group of people who, even with the current prices, the lack of games (when clashing with everyday life, weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, kids football etc) means that the season ticket is no longer remaining a viable proposition given there are really only 11 elite games included. Being located a little further away than some, travelling also becomes an issue. This year the fact the womens' games were included mitigated that a little.

A decent increase in price will possibly make the decision for us. I think there may be more people than the club think that might be in this position.