Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by speedski »

I had my email. It didn’t outline the benefits of renewing. Looking at tigerbeat’s link it seems that if you’re cat 1 there’s a lot of reasons to be a ST holder - after that the under 12’s get more benefits that the cat 2-5.

All seems a bit odd - I mean one year they did lanyards (which also showed your level of loyalty) but that fell by the wayside after one season. They aren’t expensive (especially if you make them a shop collection) but they have more value to people given those we still see wearing them years later.

I’m struggling to see the ST value now, less games, less tickets and then because nine times out of ten we will miss at least one game a season for external reasons the value is diminished.

We will likely renew but it’s not great to pay more for less - some stuff doesn’t cost a lot but have more experience value - that does seem to be lacking if you aren’t Cat 1 - it’s very close to being better to pick and chose games.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:19 pm

And we will all get birthday emails from the club, in case we forget.
I haven't had one for two years. :smt009
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Should the club take the Saudi money, that could keep prices down? :smt017
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm

I haven't had one for two years. :smt009
Silver linings and all that! :smt003
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am
Lower wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:11 am The email from Andrew Pinchen makes reference to additonal benefits for season ticket holders. Have these benefits been communicated? All i've had is an email telling me the new price of my season tickets. which have gone up by 27%.
We appear to have lost benefits. Previous seasons there have been free tickets to two games, this year it was one in the Prem Cup and the upcoming fixture against Bristol. Next year it's just one in the Prem Cup. Although if you're in the Cat 1 seats you get a free Ref Link.
I remember when you used to get an actual birthday card through the post.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 am
Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am

We appear to have lost benefits. Previous seasons there have been free tickets to two games, this year it was one in the Prem Cup and the upcoming fixture against Bristol. Next year it's just one in the Prem Cup. Although if you're in the Cat 1 seats you get a free Ref Link.
I remember when you used to get an actual birthday card through the post.
That would have required a 75% increase in season ticket prices. :smt002
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

speedski wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:45 pm I had my email. It didn’t outline the benefits of renewing. Looking at tigerbeat’s link it seems that if you’re cat 1 there’s a lot of reasons to be a ST holder - after that the under 12’s get more benefits that the cat 2-5.

All seems a bit odd - I mean one year they did lanyards (which also showed your level of loyalty) but that fell by the wayside after one season. They aren’t expensive (especially if you make them a shop collection) but they have more value to people given those we still see wearing them years later.

I’m struggling to see the ST value now, less games, less tickets and then because nine times out of ten we will miss at least one game a season for external reasons the value is diminished.

We will likely renew but it’s not great to pay more for less - some stuff doesn’t cost a lot but have more experience value - that does seem to be lacking if you aren’t Cat 1 - it’s very close to being better to pick and chose games.
Well the £5 admin fee has paid for the "free ref links" :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

speedski wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:45 pm I had my email. It didn’t outline the benefits of renewing. Looking at tigerbeat’s link it seems that if you’re cat 1 there’s a lot of reasons to be a ST holder - after that the under 12’s get more benefits that the cat 2-5.

I don't know what happens with other clubs, but there doesn't appear to any appreciation from the club for season ticket holders who renew year on year. This is my 27th season and the only thing I've ever received is one of those lanyards, which I've never used and sits in a drawer gathering dust. Given the average demographic of a Tigers crowd, I'm guessing probably incorrectly that there are probably a large number of season ticket holders with 20+ years of support, a lot in the 10 years and under category and there not being too many in the middle. If you want to grow support, occasionally you need to say thanks.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 am

I don't know what happens with other clubs, but there doesn't appear to any appreciation from the club for season ticket holders who renew year on year. This is my 27th season and the only thing I've ever received is one of those lanyards, which I've never used and sits in a drawer gathering dust. Given the average demographic of a Tigers crowd, I'm guessing probably incorrectly that there are probably a large number of season ticket holders with 20+ years of support, a lot in the 10 years and under category and there not being too many in the middle. If you want to grow support, occasionally you need to say thanks.
Agreed. This will be my 40th continuous year that I’ve had a season ticket and although I don’t expect any recognition it would be nice if I even got an acknowledgement .
A2O
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Long term season ticket holders have got their name on the boards in the Final Whistle. Of course they may be obscured by big screen or something but they are there.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

More proof this week(if it was needed) of the continuing poor quality of communications from Tigers about virtually everything...apart from sales in the Club Shop.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:59 am More proof this week(if it was needed) of the continuing poor quality of communications from Tigers about virtually everything...apart from sales in the Club Shop.
What would you have done differently? Comms were sent out last week ahead of the season ticket prices. This week the comms were sent out and experienced an IT issue with getting all the renewal notices to members. A Comms was sent out to all to explain the problem. Most members have received their renewal notices and it appears that peoples experiences of calling the ticket office have proved to be positive with the necessary information and help provided.
The Ticket prices and benefits can be found on the Tigers website
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

I too only received my season ticket renewal email on Wednesday but I did phone the Ticket office and arranged to offset any remaining Covid balance left with the Club and a barrow load of Roaraward points so that reduced my renewal to advantageous terms.
Other season ticket holders may also be holding Covid balances or award points and desire to trade them in whilst renewing. Just make sure you retain your years of membership and your ST number for your card.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think it's a nice touch that many of the ST renewals have had a phone call off one of the playing squad to thank them.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Like Angus I too phoned the Ticket Office and spoke with Erin and cashed in my Rewards points to reduce my monthly debit,
I also arranged for my fellow neighbours season ticket to be reduced by trading in the remaining covid rebate and his rewards.
However despite my efforts my renewal direct debit collection remains at the full £395 with no reduction.
Similarly my neighbour Brian, who had a large rebate due also has the full £395 ~ this has now been sorted.
BEWARE all season ticket holders should check their debit scheme letters particularly if they are trading in rewards or surplus funds. I find this particularly annoying having waited so long to get through to the office and they still get it wrong. :smt013