Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerXV

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by TigerXV »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:18 pm
LeicesterImp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:22 pm Looking on here and on social media, as a terrace dweller it appears I have been a lucky one with a 23% increase!!

I expected the worst following the email from Andrea with the list of excuses before the announcement which was good communication but followed swiftly by the poor communication of not contacting season ticket holders before the general announcement on social media.

I have just emailed the club to cancel my women's season ticket for the new season. Although I've not been able to attend the women's games this season I felt I could still support them by opting in for the ticket this season but with the increase on the men's I can't afford both. I'm sure I won't be the only one in this situation so the women's team will be the one that suffers.

Will be interesting to see the retention figures at the end of the early bird window.
Sadly that will be me and my wife too.
The Terrace ST price is going up from £290 if purchased before May 6th 2023 (it might have been cheaper if there was an early bird last year for existing ST holders but I don't have that information) to £320 if purchased before March 31st. There seems to be a lot of people misunderstanding the price tables or maybe I am missing something? If you already have a season ticket and can either buy outright your new ST before end of March OR pay by DD then the price increase is in the region of 9-11% it only gets a big hike if you leave signing up again to April 1st onwards or have never had a ST before and compare it to last year
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Well I’ve now had a generic email but nothing address to me, which I would expect
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
LeicesterImp

Post by LeicesterImp »

TigerXV wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:03 pm
LeicesterImp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:22 pm Looking on here and on social media, as a terrace dweller it appears I have been a lucky one with a 23% increase!!

I expected the worst following the email from Andrea with the list of excuses before the announcement which was good communication but followed swiftly by the poor communication of not contacting season ticket holders before the general announcement on social media.

I have just emailed the club to cancel my women's season ticket for the new season. Although I've not been able to attend the women's games this season I felt I could still support them by opting in for the ticket this season but with the increase on the men's I can't afford both. I'm sure I won't be the only one in this situation so the women's team will be the one that suffers.

Will be interesting to see the retention figures at the end of the early bird window.
The Terrace ST price is going up from £290 if purchased before May 6th 2023 (it might have been cheaper if there was an early bird last year for existing ST holders but I don't have that information) to £320 if purchased before March 31st. There seems to be a lot of people misunderstanding the price tables or maybe I am missing something? If you already have a season ticket and can either buy outright your new ST before end of March OR pay by DD then the price increase is in the region of 9-11% it only gets a big hike if you leave signing up again to April 1st onwards or have never had a ST before and compare it to last year

A terrace was £260 for existing season ticket holders last year so it's a £60 jump for me.

I would assume (dangerous I know!) that the non-early bird ticket price will be the very minimum for 25-26 too so a jump of £100 in two seasons for a terrace ticket.

Could have also been useful to publish single match ticket prices too to show the value of getting a season ticket after all it's the "obvious choice" :smt045
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 pm
Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:25 pm At time of posting it's pushing 4:30pm and the new season tickets were launched at 10:00am today. I've still not received any email from the club confirming what next year is going to cost me - I know how much it is, I've checked on the website. How many season ticket holders have actually received an email with their renewal details? Communication over this has been shocking.
It has been known for some emails to take a while to reach supporters. 12000 emails will take some time to work through the system......check your spam folder and if you have not heard anything by tomorrow, try giving the Ticket Office a call.
Nothing in spam and I've never experienced any issues in receiving emails from the club in the past, when I've read that other people have. Looking at last year I received an email on the 28 February stating that new season tickets were on sale the following day, but as I pay by DD I don't need to take any action. I received the DD schedule the following day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:14 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 pm
Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:25 pm At time of posting it's pushing 4:30pm and the new season tickets were launched at 10:00am today. I've still not received any email from the club confirming what next year is going to cost me - I know how much it is, I've checked on the website. How many season ticket holders have actually received an email with their renewal details? Communication over this has been shocking.
It has been known for some emails to take a while to reach supporters. 12000 emails will take some time to work through the system......check your spam folder and if you have not heard anything by tomorrow, try giving the Ticket Office a call.
Nothing in spam and I've never experienced any issues in receiving emails from the club in the past, when I've read that other people have. Looking at last year I received an email on the 28 February stating that new season tickets were on sale the following day, but as I pay by DD I don't need to take any action. I received the DD schedule the following day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
I also received nothing today, won't follow up as I also did not receive the `CEO's email last week - when I enquired about that I got a glib reply, summarised as: "We sent it, our system says you haven't read it".

Nothing in Spam/Junk, not deleted, not blocked - just not received. Tigers say it was 'sent', so that's OK then. Other Tigers Emails received on both of those days, just not the 2 relating to ST pricing/increases......strange how that could happen.

Edit: Just received today's Email with a sorry you, as a valued STH, didn't receive it before social media release, unforeseen server error etc and link to website article included.

Still no idea where last week's CEO email went - unforeseen server error? ....
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Last season I paid £260 for my ticket, not £290.

If you either bought late or were a new season ticket holder the increase is indeed less. But for anyone renewing normally it is a £60 rise or 23%.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

LeicesterImp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:06 pm

A terrace was £260 for existing season ticket holders last year so it's a £60 jump for me.

I would assume (dangerous I know!) that the non-early bird ticket price will be the very minimum for 25-26 too so a jump of £100 in two seasons for a terrace ticket.

Could have also been useful to publish single match ticket prices too to show the value of getting a season ticket after all it's the "obvious choice" :smt045

Great point. The dynamic pricing on all matches makes it very tricky for anyone (fan or club) to easily present this information. Whenever I've checked the tickets or had a friend buy one the match by match cost is often A LOT, so I think this would be good information for the club to publicise.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

When making the decision whether to buy or renew a ST as other have said the cost of a ST against individual ticket prices would be useful, but I would imagine it’s not that much of a saving unless you go to all games including PRC and Pre Season friendly, Miss the odd game and it’s probably not a saving at all, let’s hope the other offerings such as shop discount, free ticket for a friend are retained and improved. It would be helpful if home fixtures were known earlier but that’s down to others not Tigers.
Last edited by Ellie on Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

So I got the apology email that some didnt get the mail, but I didn't get the mail. :smt017

So instead of fixing the problem and sending an apology after, they apologized first and still didn't send the info. :smt011

A £5 admin fee for all direct debit on over 18 ST is also a micky-take IMO given you're putting up the prices, in some areas, significantly. They guarantee they wont sell a ticket for less than it costs as part of the season ticket....but that clearly means they will just up the admin fees.

That £5 admin smacks of a really bad marketing decision IMO.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

As other have said, it'll be the women's team that suffers. My mens season ticket currently costs me £21.66 a month and an extra £3 for the women's team. The mens ticket is going up to £26.66 so I could just drop the women's team and move that cash towards the men's season ticket. I never actually go to any of the women's matches anyway. It's simply a question of whether or not you can afford the extra £5 a month for an adult on the terrace. 🤷🤷🤷
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Also, checking the monthly cost of TNT Sport is currently £30.99 for the rugby package, season ticket is still cheaper. 🤷🤷🤷
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm happy they're putting the prices up. It's either that, slash the salary spend or go out of business.

I appreciate it makes it more difficult for some to afford, and that's a shame, but it seems necessary. I was going to say Tigers aren't a charity, but even if they were they'd still have to break even.

If season tickets are going up by around £60, that's £5 per month. I struggle to believe that there are many season tickets holders for whom £5 extra per month is unaffordable. If you're a season ticket holder in one of the more expensive categories and can't afford it, just get a cheaper seat...

Still cheaper than many other Premiership clubs, so I don't really see how we can complain.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Club had to do something, massive debts and losing money year on year whilst still being competitive - money don’t grow on trees, I’ve decided to move seats as my cash won’t grow either…..
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:57 pm

Last season I paid £260 for my ticket, not £290.

If you either bought late or were a new season ticket holder the increase is indeed less. But for anyone renewing normally it is a £60 rise or 23%.
The argument to that being you (we) were lucky to pick up an additional discount last year (there's no equivalent price bracket this year as yet).

Ironically offering a more generous "early bird" offer last year has now caused a lot of consternation this year!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wish this was true. My season ticket in the crumbie block o was £380 this season and the early bird price next season is £475 a rise of 25% x 2
A2O