Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Rugbygramps »

speedski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:00 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:27 pm
speedski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Sorry why should I have to chase the club to send me the information for the bill they will be sending me (if they ever work it out)?!?

Like has been said - great pre-emptive email from the CEO - horrible execution and yet they keep sending emails out touting for sales in the shop…not a good look.
Sorry why should you keep moaning about it on here, which achieves nothing rather than making a polite inquiry to the club, unless you would rather moan
I have politely inquired. Twice.

This thread is about next seasons tickets and this is relevant to the situation many are facing.

I wasnt aware posting on this forum, which the club does read, was not allowed unless it it was positive news :smt017
I’m not sure what your timeline of not receiving emails is contributing to the debate tbh :smt017
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Speedski, the forum is not read by all at the club and your enquiry may not be seen. It is better if you email or phone the club to ensure a response
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I'm confident the £5 is a one off. My ticket is listed at £475 but the payments of £40 pcm come to £480.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Sorry why should you keep moaning about it on here, which achieves nothing rather than making a polite inquiry to the club, unless you would rather moan

This thread is about next seasons tickets and this is relevant to the situation many are facing.

I wasnt aware posting on this forum, which the club does read, was not allowed unless it it was positive news :smt017
I’m not sure what your timeline of not receiving emails is contributing to the debate tbh :smt017
It allows others to know they aren’t alone in not having info.

Never mind - Nothing to see here.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:27 pm Speedski, the forum is not read by all at the club and your enquiry may not be seen. It is better if you email or phone the club to ensure a response
Already have. Twice.

I know I’m not alone in this problem - so I guess I’ll just accept I can’t contribute to the discussion until the club sorts itself out in regards to communicating properly
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

speedski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:25 pm

Sorry why should I have to chase the club to send me the information for the bill they will be sending me (if they ever work it out)?!?

Like has been said - great pre-emptive email from the CEO - horrible execution and yet they keep sending emails out touting for sales in the shop…not a good look.

Actually speedski it was useful to know that it wasn't just me getting adverts for sales in the shop, and Mothers Day etc, but no renewal email, so thank you. At the very least it is frustrating that the club server/ email system can send out thousands of such adverts, but not send out presumably a smaller number of ST renewal notices. It isn't unreasonable to want to know what you will be paying and when.
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I guess that the stuff coming from the shop is generic and is already in place. The renewals are specific to an individual and there would appear to be a glitch in the system processing the data and sending it.. ....these things do happen and the club have acknowledged it.
Hang in there
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 pm I guess that the stuff coming from the shop is generic and is already in place. The renewals are specific to an individual and there would appear to be a glitch in the system processing the data and sending it.. ....these things do happen and the club have acknowledged it.
Hang in there
Yes, I'm going to leave it a few more days and then call if nothing through. Am sure all will be well. I am also an end of alphabet surname which may explain it if they have such a system.
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Seems that users on facebook are managing to get through to the Ticket office and getting sorted....hope it continues
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

:smt001
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 pm Seems that users on facebook are managing to get through to the Ticket office and getting sorted....hope it continues
Would you believe it. It has just arrived. :smt001
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:00 pm :smt001
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:20 pm Seems that users on facebook are managing to get through to the Ticket office and getting sorted....hope it continues
Would you believe it. It has just arrived. :smt001
Fantastic :smt023
www.matthampson.co.uk
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

My email has arrived, and total cost of season ticket includes the £5 charge , with this comment
Please note:
An admin fee of £5 per Season Ticket (not including Under-12 and Under-18) will be applied on Direct Debit purchases.

So being charged even though the DDebit is in force and exists

Having worked in a bank the bank would not charge that kind of money to set up a DDebit - yes as a business account, which I assume Tigers has, they would normally get charged per DDebit transaction but that would be in the pence - it used to be about 6p, so to equate to £5 it needs to be 42p - no bank is going to charge that and if they did, I’d move the account.

I’ll pay it because I love my rugby days out but as a PR exercise it stinks
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:37 pm I'm confident the £5 is a one off. My ticket is listed at £475 but the payments of £40 pcm come to £480.
The £5 will be charged each year. There is a charge to the club each time a direct debit payment is taken (probably will be about 40p as Tigers isn't a "big" company in this regard), so over the course of the year it would come to £4.80.

Now, the fact that they have chosen to do this, rather than just wind it into the ticket price like previous years (IMO) is entirely down to the marketing wonks just wanting to keep it below 25% (£260 -> £325 == 25% increase... £260 -> £320 == only 23% ! Bargain! 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)

Ironically they might even lose out on a couple of hundred quid because some people might choose to pay in full and save the £5
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

LittleBigG wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:09 pm
Old Hob wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:37 pm I'm confident the £5 is a one off. My ticket is listed at £475 but the payments of £40 pcm come to £480.
The £5 will be charged each year. There is a charge to the club each time a direct debit payment is taken (probably will be about 40p as Tigers isn't a "big" company in this regard), so over the course of the year it would come to £4.80.

Now, the fact that they have chosen to do this, rather than just wind it into the ticket price like previous years (IMO) is entirely down to the marketing wonks just wanting to keep it below 25% (£260 -> £325 == 25% increase... £260 -> £320 == only 23% ! Bargain! 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)

Ironically they might even lose out on a couple of hundred quid because some people might choose to pay in full and save the £5
I don't begrudge the extra fiver, particularly if it saves the club 12,000 extra fivers. I have had a second post outlining my season ticket deal; apologising if I didn't get the first. So, the club is trying to do the right thing.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

PAW2 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm I'm struggling to work out what exactly the pricing is here. Ive tried to read through the board, but suspect Im not alone in being a little confused.

I think for my adult terrace ticket;

> I paid £260 last year (I've checked my direct debits)
> The same ticket this year is probably £360 +£5 admin fee
> There may be an early bird discount, but when I click renew I get this message "There were no subscriptions found that could be renewed at this time." I've had the same tickets for 15 years, I am logged in so maybe another computer error?
> Assuming friendlies, Europe and Prem Cup are the same structure next season, we are paying for 3 less games (WASPS, Worcester, Irish).

Therefore, broadly 28% increase in price for 14% less games?
I phoned them about this as had the same issue. As you are on DD it auto renews unless you say otherwise so you dont need to click anything. Some on FB has questioned the legality of this but this is what Tigers told me.

If you want to double check go to 'My account' on the ticket site and then the 'Season tickets' tab and it should show in there.