Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Hot_Charlie »

watsonjm wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:24 am
PAW2 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm I'm struggling to work out what exactly the pricing is here. Ive tried to read through the board, but suspect Im not alone in being a little confused.

I think for my adult terrace ticket;

> I paid £260 last year (I've checked my direct debits)
> The same ticket this year is probably £360 +£5 admin fee
> There may be an early bird discount, but when I click renew I get this message "There were no subscriptions found that could be renewed at this time." I've had the same tickets for 15 years, I am logged in so maybe another computer error?
> Assuming friendlies, Europe and Prem Cup are the same structure next season, we are paying for 3 less games (WASPS, Worcester, Irish).

Therefore, broadly 28% increase in price for 14% less games?
I phoned them about this as had the same issue. As you are on DD it auto renews unless you say otherwise so you dont need to click anything. Some on FB has questioned the legality of this but this is what Tigers told me.

If you want to double check go to 'My account' on the ticket site and then the 'Season tickets' tab and it should show in there.
I suspect it's very much like auto renewing on insurance etc when paying by DD. Most you have to "opt out" of auto-renewal.

I'm sure the club are all over the legalities.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

There have been comments suggesting people should not raise difficulties receiving information from the club on this messageboard. The benefit of doing that is that it reveals that others experience the same problem. I have as far as I am aware received all.emails sent to.me by the club but I do know of fans that not received emails from the club, have raised the matter with the club and been told look in junk which they have already done and basically end given the impression they are the only ones not receiving and somehow it is their own fault. Now at least the club knows there is a problem within its I.T Department.
Last edited by johnthegriff on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:52 am There have been comments suggesting people should not raise difficulties 28th receiving information from the club on this messageboard. The benefit of doing that is that it reveals that others experience the same problem. I have as far as I am aware received all.emails sent to.me by the club but I do know of fans that not received emails from the club, have raised the matter with the club and been told look in junk which they have already done and basically end given the impression they are the only ones not receiving and somehow it is their own fault. Now at least the club knows there is a problem within its I.T Department.
had ny e-mail now!
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Lower

Post by Lower »

The email from Andrew Pinchen makes reference to additonal benefits for season ticket holders. Have these benefits been communicated? All i've had is an email telling me the new price of my season tickets. which have gone up by 27%.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Lower wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:11 am The email from Andrew Pinchen makes reference to additonal benefits for season ticket holders. Have these benefits been communicated? All i've had is an email telling me the new price of my season tickets. which have gone up by 27%.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets ... s#benefits
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Lower wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:11 am The email from Andrew Pinchen makes reference to additonal benefits for season ticket holders. Have these benefits been communicated? All i've had is an email telling me the new price of my season tickets. which have gone up by 27%.
We appear to have lost benefits. Previous seasons there have been free tickets to two games, this year it was one in the Prem Cup and the upcoming fixture against Bristol. Next year it's just one in the Prem Cup. Although if you're in the Cat 1 seats you get a free Ref Link.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:52 am There have been comments suggesting people should not raise difficulties receiving information from the club on this messageboard. The benefit of doing that is that it reveals that others experience the same problem. I have as far as I am aware received all.emails sent to.me by the club but I do know of fans that not received emails from the club, have raised the matter with the club and been told look in junk which they have already done and basically end given the impression they are the only ones not receiving and somehow it is their own fault. Now at least the club knows there is a problem within its I.T Department.
And I am the poster who did that. As bad is people who don’t read posts properly and form their own conclusions. My point was that once the problem is raised I really don’t see how it aids the debate to the give a timeline that you still haven’t received the email.
That’s my opinion we don’t all have to dance to your tune JTG
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am
We appear to have lost benefits. Previous seasons there have been free tickets to two games, this year it was one in the Prem Cup and the upcoming fixture against Bristol. Next year it's just one in the Prem Cup. Although if you're in the Cat 1 seats you get a free Ref Link.
And we will all get birthday emails from the club, in case we forget.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:57 am
johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:52 am There have been comments suggesting people should not raise difficulties receiving information from the club on this messageboard. The benefit of doing that is that it reveals that others experience the same problem. I have as far as I am aware received all.emails sent to.me by the club but I do know of fans that not received emails from the club, have raised the matter with the club and been told look in junk which they have already done and basically end given the impression they are the only ones not receiving and somehow it is their own fault. Now at least the club knows there is a problem within its I.T Department.
And I am the poster who did that. As bad is people who don’t read posts properly and form their own conclusions. My point was that once the problem is raised I really don’t see how it aids the debate to the give a timeline that you still haven’t received the email.
That’s my opinion we don’t all have to dance to your tune JTG
I have agreed with alot of what you have said in the past Rugbygramps, but think this is infair. I do not see anything in JTG's post that was asking others to "dance to his tune"; he was merely pointing out the benefits of raising the issue. If people give a running commentary so be it, they are entitled to do so, we are equally entitled to find it boring, ignore and just scroll on. I find it tedious when people endlessly and repeatedly speculate on whether Tigers should sign this or that ball carrying 8 or 6, or whether this player is a better lock and part-time 6, or a better 6 and part-time lock. I find it boring because it is stuff we mostly have no intelligence on and even less control over. It doesn't mean the posters are wrong or that I am wrong, and I just scroll on. There are plenty on here who make a point and then keep coming back to press the same point when people disagree and that's ok, others are different
As Good As It Gets
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

You make a good point and more often than not I do scroll on by.
My apologies if I have offended anyone. Lesson learned
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:45 pm You make a good point and more often than not I do scroll on by.
My apologies if I have offended anyone. Lesson learned
:smt001 :smt006
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

As a continuous season ticket holder of some 13 years I find it grossly unfair that a non existing season ticket holder can now go on the Clubs web site and choose their seats for 24/25 season and buy them now. Whereas as an existing season ticket holder, I must wait until 1st May to change seat thereby signicantly restricting my choice of seats for next season. This is a classic example of existing season ticket customers being penalised in favour of new season ticket customers and serves as a dissensentive for years of being a season ticket holder
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:20 pm As a continuous season ticket holder of some 13 years I find it grossly unfair that a non existing season ticket holder can now go on the Clubs web site and choose their seats for 24/25 season and buy them now. Whereas as an existing season ticket holder, I must wait until 1st May to change seat thereby signicantly restricting my choice of seats for next season. This is a classic example of existing season ticket customers being penalised in favour of new season ticket customers and serves as a dissensentive for years of being a season ticket holder
Out of interest, and apologies as I do not know, are you able to simply cancel your current ticket and purchase a new one in the seat of your choice. My assumption, and I could be very wrong so sorry if that is the case, is that the assumption would be that you wish to retain your current seat and so that is retained for you for an extended period and if you do not then you can cancel that and start again with a different seat.

I guess what I am saying is that it can be looked at from both points. The club are giving you a benefit by holding your existing seat for a period so as you can decide if you want to keep it but they cannot hold back all ticket sales for that period until current holders have made their decision.

If there is a discount involved for being a current season ticket holder, what have the club said when you have spoken to them, Could they not arrange a change of seat with any discount applied.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

The email from the CEO last week didn't promise *additional* benefits.

It said "The percentage increase will be varied across categories and so too will the benefits attached to your Season Ticket. We will be offering a host of brand new benefits in 24/25 with a primary focus on providing more access, more exclusive offers and club-wide opportunities for Season Ticket Holders to engage with Leicester Tigers."

So they said there would be different benefits for different categories of season ticket holders, and there would be new benefits for some.

For Category 1 season ticket holders there are new benefits such as "away game offers & competitions", a "dedicated account manager" & free ref link. They never promised it to us hoi polloi!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

GB72 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:27 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:20 pm As a continuous season ticket holder of some 13 years I find it grossly unfair that a non existing season ticket holder can now go on the Clubs web site and choose their seats for 24/25 season and buy them now. Whereas as an existing season ticket holder, I must wait until 1st May to change seat thereby signicantly restricting my choice of seats for next season. This is a classic example of existing season ticket customers being penalised in favour of new season ticket customers and serves as a dissensentive for years of being a season ticket holder
Out of interest, and apologies as I do not know, are you able to simply cancel your current ticket and purchase a new one in the seat of your choice. My assumption, and I could be very wrong so sorry if that is the case, is that the assumption would be that you wish to retain your current seat and so that is retained for you for an extended period and if you do not then you can cancel that and start again with a different seat.

I guess what I am saying is that it can be looked at from both points. The club are giving you a benefit by holding your existing seat for a period so as you can decide if you want to keep it but they cannot hold back all ticket sales for that period until current holders have made their decision.

If there is a discount involved for being a current season ticket holder, what have the club said when you have spoken to them, Could they not arrange a change of seat with any discount applied.
Thank you. I spoke today with the Ticket Office Manager what I can do is cancel my existing DD and setup a new DD as a "new season ticket holder". The fact that we have been season ticket holders will now now be lost on the Tigers system so we shall no longer qualify for long term loyalty rewards such as Lanyards etc. So we can retain our current seats for the remainder of the season and can purchase new season tickets and seats for the 24/25 season now.
Last edited by sapajo on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity