Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Tigers Points Deduction

Post by Tiglon »

https://www.ruck.co.uk/club-statement-l ... -from-rfu/

Not the first time we've been penalised for "administrative errors". Are we really bad at admin, or do we have a habit of breaking the rules and hoping we'll get away with it?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Points Deduction

Post by ads »

Sale as well.

Probably should stress this is the women's team not mens aswell before people start having heart attacks!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 am https://www.ruck.co.uk/club-statement-l ... -from-rfu/

Not the first time we've been penalised for "administrative errors". Are we really bad at admin, or do we have a habit of breaking the rules and hoping we'll get away with it?
Worth pointing out that there is an element of we needed to recruit non EQP talent to not get smashed every week as a lot of EQP talent at this standard was under contract
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

The EQP requirement should be judged against the whole season rather than a few games. Tigers are in their first season in PWR and as pointed out most of the EQP of this standard as under contract elsewhere. I'm sure other teams will have to manage squad selection later in the season if they have injury problems.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I think the men's team were docked points back in the day. Played an illegible prop. Can't remember who.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 pm I think the men's team were docked points back in the day. Played an illegible prop. Can't remember who.
Darren Morris I think...we also got done for Ian Humphries.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Humphries we were punished for not reregistering him when he returned from loan. I think with Morris we were given verbal assurance that the fax had arrived and we were OK to play him even though we had not received the reply fax confirming the registration, we were in fact punished for the inefficiency of the systems at H.Q.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In terms of administrative errors, I was referring to the very recent salary cap breach.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm In terms of administrative errors, I was referring to the very recent salary cap breach.
My recollection was that it was a difference in interpretation of the rules.

We thought something we excluded and outside the cap but turned out it was inside.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:32 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm In terms of administrative errors, I was referring to the very recent salary cap breach.
My recollection was that it was a difference in interpretation of the rules.

We thought something we excluded and outside the cap but turned out it was inside.
100%. It wasn't an administrative breach. It was a difference of interpretation that the club chose not to challenge.