Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Interesting team that. Hatherall in the engine room over Carter and Scott on the wing. Is Simmons injured?

Glad to see FTT starting. He’s been great whenever he’s come off the bench. Great over the ball at the breakdown. Didn’t he get the winning turnover at the end against SF?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:24 pm Interesting team that. Hatherall in the engine room over Carter and Scott on the wing. Is Simmons injured?

Glad to see FTT starting. He’s been great whenever he’s come off the bench. Great over the ball at the breakdown. Didn’t he get the winning turnover at the end against SF?
Simmons had eye surgery the other day for a detached retina. Bloke has no luck
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Even though Scott is certainly no winger, I think his inclusion is pretty much purely for gametime, apart from not having an over 16 winger available!
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Couple of missed opportunities by having Whitcombe and Illione on the bench, they should be starting a game like this. Hope their heads don't get turned further down the line by someone offering more game time. I also believe Jacob Cuisick would have been a better option than Scott on the wing, but I am not too upset over that one.

It is a team that should win, but we won't learn much from it.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Both Gloucester and Exeter have gone loaded for their match
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:10 pm Both Gloucester and Exeter have gone loaded for their match
I'm over the moon for them with that news.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Fun team. Should be a good match!
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Interesting to see OHC v Jonah Holmes
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:53 pm Interesting to see OHC v Jonah Holmes
Quality player Holmes. Used to be rapid, wonder how much he’s still got nowadays.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I wonder if shirt numbers are quite where they'll play... think Cokanasiga may have some wing experience.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 pm I wonder if shirt numbers are quite where they'll play... think Cokanasiga may have some wing experience.
Though it could also be a chance to prove himself in his preferred position in a bigger game. He has not had a sniff at the getting in the first team all season when we have at times been crying out for backs to go on the bench and so perhaps a run out in a match like this with experienced first team players around him to see if he has what it takes to develop further with the club.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

GB72 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 pm I wonder if shirt numbers are quite where they'll play... think Cokanasiga may have some wing experience.
Though it could also be a chance to prove himself in his preferred position in a bigger game. He has not had a sniff at the getting in the first team all season when we have at times been crying out for backs to go on the bench and so perhaps a run out in a match like this with experienced first team players around him to see if he has what it takes to develop further with the club.
No starts on the wing for LI. Given our awful luck with wingers this season I did wonder if we might try and convert him, seems quick and a good balanced runner. Work on his positional play a bit and see what he can do.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:47 pm
Personally I think we've probably decided he's off end of this season, we've gone 6-2 in the games where he's been travelling reserve rather than add him to the bench. The one game he made the bench was only after both Simmons and Hassell-Collins pulled out after being named in the side, in that game he didn't get on the pitch in Paris.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Good side
Whitcombe does seem to be out of favour at the moment. He’s done well when he’s played but doesn’t seem to be selected as often as he should. Some key battles in there and should be a good game
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Ealing Trailfinders lineup to face Leicester Tigers:

1 Will Goodrick-Clarke

2 Matt Cornish

3 Biyi Alo

4 Bobby De Wee

5 Barney Maddison

6 Rob Farrar