Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 pm Has the final been confirmed for the 15th.
There aren’t a huge number of changes we can pick because of the eligibility criteria.

Ealing had a definite bonus at the start today having been playing competitively regularly.
Gloucester and us should be in the same boat
Well Gloucester can pick from a full strength premiership start XV we can only field the same team
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Samhorace
Tiger Cub

Post by Samhorace »

What's happening with OHC. Glimpse of form over last two games, but not the same player as when at Irish? He doesn't seem interested.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Samhorace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:55 pm What's happening with OHC. Glimpse of form over last two games, but not the same player as when at Irish? He doesn't seem interested.
Nothing happening. He was man of the match against Quins. Completely different game plan as he played at Irish has also been injured. Didn’t see much ball today but still made a few yards. Don’t thing he enjoyed that surface today
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:10 pm
Samhorace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:55 pm What's happening with OHC. Glimpse of form over last two games, but not the same player as when at Irish? He doesn't seem interested.
Nothing happening. He was man of the match against Quins. Completely different game plan as he played at Irish has also been injured. Didn’t see much ball today but still made a few yards. Don’t thing he enjoyed that surface today
You could tell that by the leggings
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 pm Has the final been confirmed for the 15th.
There aren’t a huge number of changes we can pick because of the eligibility criteria.

Ealing had a definite bonus at the start today having been playing competitively regularly.
Well Gloucester can pick from a full strength premiership start XV we can only field the same team
They can’t pick Carreras, May, Harris, Hastings, Charlie Atkinson and obviously LRZ has left. Seb Atkinson looked to pick up a nasty injury yesterday so could be in doubt
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm

They can’t pick Carreras, May, Harris, Hastings, Atkinson and obviously LRZ has left. Atkinson looked to pick up a nasty injury yesterday so could be in doubt
Would Charlie Atkinson not be 'cup tied'?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

They can’t pick Carreras, May, Harris, Hastings, Atkinson and obviously LRZ has left. Atkinson looked to pick up a nasty injury yesterday so could be in doubt
Yes that’s why I said they couldn’t pick him. Having 2 Atkinson is confusing have now amended my post
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

What are the rules to qualify to play in the final ?
Pollard, Heyes and Hurd played in earlier rounds…(I think) .didn’t Pollard get a yellow v Sale ?
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well done Ealing as they gave a great account of themselves and if Mike Brown had been playing full back for them they’d have won!
Some of our decision making and efforts in the scrum and line out need addressing quickly as does the baffling decision to turn down 3 points like we did just before half time!
They had played regularly together in the Six Nations whereas we hadn’t.
It would be great to win at Gloucester but I’d play a similar team though Basset and Porter need game time as will Dolly, Vanes, Hurd and I’d have Pollard on the bench
just in case the game is close in the last 5-10 minutes! From reading the rules I don’t know why he’d been ineligible as he did play v Sale! If Heyes isn’t I the England squad for the last game he should play to get some game time before the huge games v Gloucester at home, Newcastle away and Leinster.
As for Ollie Hassell- Collins: totally different game to Quins as in that game our forwards were on the front foot and we moved the ball wide a lot.
Well done Tigers: a poor performance but a win. Winning is what matters at this end of the season: ask the City fans after their weekend!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think the only way Heyes plays in the final is if he is released from the England squad as otherwise he will be travelling reserve.
Don’t know the ongoing situation re Hurds injury
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Thanks, what about Pollard ?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:17 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

Yes that’s why I said they couldn’t pick him. Having 2 Atkinson is confusing have now amended my post
Three Atkinsons. Seb, Charlie and Mark. I hope all three play together at some stage just for the carnage in commentary.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:47 pm Thanks, what about Pollard ?
He definitely came off the bench v Sale, so has played in the competition what seems to be unsure is, is there a minimum minutes criteria.
Mckellar seems to feel he is ineligible, and I personally wouldn’t ply him anyway
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Charlie Atkinson played for them in the semi yesterday so myst be able to play.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Offside wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:02 pm Charlie Atkinson played for them in the semi yesterday so myst be able to play.
No Seb Atkinson played at 12. Charlie Atkinson is cup tied