Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by Rugbygramps »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:28 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:18 am There weren’t really any contentious decisions. Other than their yellow card was the TMO used at all, and that was a good spot by the officials
I'm sorry but if you looked at most of the scrums Ealing's looseheads were boring in and on at least 2 occasions ended up at 90 degrees to the centre line of the scrum. This is what caused Richardson to collapse or stand up. Even the commentators said that the assistant should have been pointing this out to Leal. If this had been picked up early on im sure that the scrums would have been a much better contest. I also noticed that on our throw the gap in the lineout was much narrower which is why Ealing were able to disrupt as much ball as they did.
Well yes but there were no decisions made. Also the comment was made about their replacement loosehead who was against Hoyt in about the 75th minute.
I was really meaning foul play and questions over tries
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:00 am
fentiger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:58 am

Also possible that analysis may have shown that Adam Leal doesn't respond well to a captain talking to him?
Very true but it is something I’ve noticed before and a ref should always be prepared to listen to a captain as long as it’s done properly
Think it was a day to forget for the captain. He was awful all round. Gave away penalties. Missed tackles. Normally he’s Mr Consistent so just a bad day at the office.

Cokanasiga needs to be loaned out next season or leave. Think he’s got the talent to be a good 12, there’s much to his game than just power and he showed some deft handling. BUT he needs to be playing regularly, every week. No chance he’s getting that at Tigers at the moment.
Awful is a strong word. He’s always a minimum of 8 out of 10 but slipped to a 5 yesterday. Penalty for high tackle not sure I can remember too many missed tackles, and I know I keep harping on about it but that surface must have an impact on players
Voyager1
Tiger Cub

Post by Voyager1 »

I’m amazed that nobody spotted the the possible red card incident.

When the TMO spotted that an Ealing player had kicked the ball out of Whiteleys
hands at the base of a ruck, correctly, he, for some unknown reason didn’t spot
an Ealing player immediately tackle Whiteley with a swinging arm straight to the head
after Whiteley had retrieved the ball off the ground.

I wonder why !!!!
What noise annoys an oyster
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Liebenberg "awful"? Pretty disrespectful way to talk about a man who has been consistently outstanding for Tigers and worked his socks off on Sunday.
Voyager1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:17 pm I’m amazed that nobody spotted the the possible red card incident.

an Ealing player immediately tackle Whiteley with a swinging arm straight to the head

I wonder why !!!!
I saw that, I think it was a penalty at worst. Surprised they didn't look at it though.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:10 pm
Samhorace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:55 pm What's happening with OHC. Glimpse of form over last two games, but not the same player as when at Irish? He doesn't seem interested.
Nothing happening. He was man of the match against Quins. Completely different game plan as he played at Irish has also been injured. Didn’t see much ball today but still made a few yards. Don’t thing he enjoyed that surface today
You could tell that by the leggings
I think he always wears leggings - thought it was to keep his legs and muscles warm for running?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Lutontiger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:44 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:10 pm

Nothing happening. He was man of the match against Quins. Completely different game plan as he played at Irish has also been injured. Didn’t see much ball today but still made a few yards. Don’t thing he enjoyed that surface today
You could tell that by the leggings
I think he always wears leggings - thought it was to keep his legs and muscles warm for running?
He wears them sometimes, but my point was more towards a couple of slips he had when making a step. He was wearing moulded but seemed to have very little faith in the surface and I’m not sure he was ever at full chuff
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:30 pm Liebenberg "awful"? Pretty disrespectful way to talk about a man who has been consistently outstanding for Tigers and worked his socks off on Sunday.
Voyager1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:17 pm I’m amazed that nobody spotted the the possible red card incident.

I wonder why !!!!
I saw that, I think it was a penalty at worst. Surprised they didn't look at it though.
So because he’s Tigers captain he’s above criticism?

You’re right, he’s been quality for Tigers since joining, Newby esque in we have an almost test level flanker available all season.

The performance of the team in general yesterday wasn’t great. But he showed a lack of leadership, gave penalties away, two in quick succession and missed a tackle in the middle of the pitch which almost lead to a try. Hardly a vintage performance.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:22 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:30 pm Liebenberg "awful"? Pretty disrespectful way to talk about a man who has been consistently outstanding for Tigers and worked his socks off on Sunday.

I wonder why !!!!
So because he’s Tigers captain he’s above criticism?

You’re right, he’s been quality for Tigers since joining, Newby esque in we have an almost test level flanker available all season.

The performance of the team in general yesterday wasn’t great. But he showed a lack of leadership, gave penalties away, two in quick succession and missed a tackle in the middle of the pitch which almost lead to a try. Hardly a vintage performance.
Not above criticism, but deserving of being treated with more respect than being called awful, in my opinion.
INTHESINBIN

Post by INTHESINBIN »

The criticism on this thread is the only thing that is awful. Week in, week out I turn to this forum to read up about the matches, and it really is lacking in enthusiasm and positivity. If you are not willing to watch some of the younger & developing players (who get given limited opportunities for game time) without slating them then you should just watch the 6N.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

INTHESINBIN wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:14 pm The criticism on this thread is the only thing that is awful. Week in, week out I turn to this forum to read up about the matches, and it really is lacking in enthusiasm and positivity. If you are not willing to watch some of the younger & developing players (who get given limited opportunities for game time) without slating them then you should just watch the 6N.
+1 :smt023
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

INTHESINBIN wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:14 pm The criticism on this thread is the only thing that is awful. Week in, week out I turn to this forum to read up about the matches, and it really is lacking in enthusiasm and positivity. If you are not willing to watch some of the younger & developing players (who get given limited opportunities for game time) without slating them then you should just watch the 6N.
Hear, Hear
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:21 pm
Hear, Hear
Did you watch the game? Because there were hardly any young or developing players on the pitch. And the teams performance was rubbish by and large.

Agree with Jimmy Skitz. Whole point of the forum is to discuss the team. Positives and negatives.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:41 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:37 pm
maybe you should stop telling other people how to go about supporting their team, just because you do it your way doesn't make you right nor a better fan than anyone else.

So cast a critical over players so take a wider view, if you want an echo chamber where everyone acts the same as you I don't think the internet will be the place to look
So the players can be criticised, but the fans can't?
if they are being abusive sure but talking about a players ability and performance is what fans do, its professional sport not a kids sports day
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

this wasn't the academy boys playing Nottingham, being too critical of that performance wouldn't make sense but the majority of that starting XV have played many games in the league for us, so being critical of them isn't the same and hammering some kid making their debut
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Tigers weren’t at their best but all that matters is the result.
The pitch looked like the artificial pitches that have been down too long.
Players absent: Cole, Heyes, Hurd, Montoya, Dolly, Vanes, Cronin, Henderson, Chessum, Martin, Reffel, Weise, JVP, Youngs, Watson, Bassett, Simmons, Steward.
Only Hanro of yesterday’s team would be in the first fifteen!
As I said in a previous post, Ealing had beaten Bristol and Saints.
I too thought their props got away with not scrummaging straight and our front rob didn’t have the experience to deal with their match hardened experienced props.
Gloucester will go very strong again and will be hot favourites.
Well done Tigers: not matter what anyone says:JOB DONE.