Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by Offside »

Thought I saw him on the pitch. Who played 15?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Offside wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:06 pm Thought I saw him on the pitch. Who played 15?
Can’t remember but it wasn’t Charlie Atkinson

Edit Lloyd Evans was at 15
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:08 pm
Offside wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:06 pm Thought I saw him on the pitch. Who played 15?
Can’t remember but it wasn’t Charlie Atkinson
Lloyd Evans?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Bodilly was Ealing's 15.
Give blood, play rugby!!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:04 pm
Offside wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:02 pm Charlie Atkinson played for them in the semi yesterday so myst be able to play.
No Seb Atkinson played at 12. Charlie Atkinson is cup tied
No such thing as cup tied in this comp...

Some of our young lads played for both us and Nottingham in the group stages...

However the rules state to play in the knockouts you MUST have played in a group game for the team.

There are a couple of exceptions to that, such as JvP is eligible (if fit and not with England, as he was injured)

Pollard IS available due to playing in the group stages vs Sale, whether we play him is another matter.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Not sure what is happening with JVP. On commentary they said he was back running but not much else
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

mol2 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm When your front row is under the cosh, given a warning, why do you wait for a card before changing the front row or at least the tight head under the warning?

How Van Wyk makes the bench ahead of Whitcombe I struggle to comprehend so not all the blame lies with our tight head?
The back up tighthead is 20/21 and has little senior experience. Will Goodrick-Clarke the opposition loosehead has been in England training squad and had been a very good Prem level prop for Irish over several years. He was easily the best prop on the park. I very much hope we are looking at recruiting him for our prop stocks for next season though the rumour is Exeter are interested.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:32 pm Not sure what is happening with JVP. On commentary they said he was back running but not much else
Recovery from injuries like JvP's aren't necessarily straightforward he might have had a setback or not reached a certain point of recovery at the expected time. Hopefully he's not to far away.

Young Edwards looked very sharp off the bench, I'd like to see more from him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:32 pm Not sure what is happening with JVP. On commentary they said he was back running but not much else
Recovery from injuries like JvP's aren't necessarily straightforward he might have had a setback or not reached a certain point of recovery at the expected time. Hopefully he's not to far away.

Austin certainly talked him up
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 pm Has the final been confirmed for the 15th.
There aren’t a huge number of changes we can pick because of the eligibility criteria.

Ealing had a definite bonus at the start today having been playing competitively regularly.
Gloucester and us should be in the same boat
Well Gloucester can pick from a full strength premiership start XV we can only field the same team
They can’t pick Carreras, May, Harris, Hastings, Charlie Atkinson and obviously LRZ has left. Seb Atkinson looked to pick up a nasty injury yesterday so could be in doubt
Thank you
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:50 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:17 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

Would Charlie Atkinson not be 'cup tied'?
Yes that’s why I said they couldn’t pick him. Having 2 Atkinson is confusing have now amended my post
Three Atkinsons. Seb, Charlie and Mark. I hope all three play together at some stage just for the carnage in commentary.

The Bowler is “Holding” the Batsman’s “Willey”
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:41 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:50 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:17 pm

Yes that’s why I said they couldn’t pick him. Having 2 Atkinson is confusing have now amended my post
Three Atkinsons. Seb, Charlie and Mark. I hope all three play together at some stage just for the carnage in commentary.

The Bowler is “Holding” the Batsman’s “Willey”
:smt044 :smt044
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I guess today was a disaster, we only won by four tries to two against a good Championship team that included a smattering of international players. Ealing front row would have tested most Premiership clubs whilst probably only our loosehead would be in our match day 23 if every one was available. Liebenberg was the only first choice started in the pack and probably only OHC and Kelly in the backs. I thought some players enhanced their claim for a place in the first team squad and it will be interesting to see how today's team can be improved for the final. Basset and Hurd if they recover from injury could make a difference, Pollard if we chose to select him and maybe JVP if fit. The Gloucester front row fielded yesterday is not as good as Ealings but the Glos back row looked very strong for this competition, it promises to be an interesting final, with an opportunity for revenge for the losers just seven days later.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:37 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Austin certainly talked him up
To be fair the work rate and anticipation for the interception he made was more like that of an experienced scrum half than a rookie. From what I heard he's been good out on loan.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:58 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:49 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm

Regardless of the result this has been a shocking performance. Don’t deserve the win.
Agree with this.

I wonder if some contracts will be looked at.
Based on one game? No. That would be nuts. Based over the season as a whole? I would hope so and I’m sure DMK won’t hold back if he feels the need. Some tweaking required for sure.
It's not just one game though, is it? Whitely and Shillcock kicking again was seen to be a huge problem even when not under any real pressure and back line not moved well by either ; front row been discussed elsewhere; did Hanro show leadership - talk to ref? Just questions for me, no doubt answers will come from DMK.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina