Ealing PRC game info

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Ealing PRC game info

Post by tigerburnie »

One of the folk from Ealing sent me this information for travelling fans for the PRC game, it may come in handy for those planning to go.
As a public service, I'll offer the following information for any supporters that are trying to make the trip:

1. Don't try to take the train to Castlebar Park Station. It is a 2 minute walk to the ground, but is closed on Sundays.
2. Nearest Mainline station that is open is West Ealing. It is a 20 minute walk, up and down a hill, though there are local bus routes that serve (E7) and take you to within a 5 minute walk of the ground (all flat).
3. There is car parking for about 200 cars onsite, passes on sale first-come-first served.
4. Vallis Way is in a very residential area, and there is on-street parking, but that is all hit and miss.
5. The secret, best place to park is the Gurnell Leisure Centre, which is permanently closed, but has a car park with room for c.200 cars which is open. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the ground.

The only pub worth going to in the area is the Duke of Kent - a 10 minute walk from the ground.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Ealing PRC game info

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Personally I think it's quite clear we'll be going significantly stronger in the PRC semifinal.

My team would be pretty full strength with one or two promising Development guys there.

There are a few guys I'd give full breaks to due to World Cup etc... Montoya, Wiese, Pollard, Liebenberg

Brown
Simmons
Porter/Scott (Porter if eligible)
Kelly
Hassell-Collins
Shillcock
JVP/Youngs (JVP if fit)
Whitcombe
Vanes
Richardson
Wells
L.Chessum/Carnduff
Rogerson (c)
Ilione
Hatherall

Theobald-Thomas/Clare
Van Wyk
Hoyt
Carter
Reffell/Carnduff/J.Manz
Allan/Edwards
Wilkinson
Myall/Woodward/Cusick/Gourlay
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Does anyone with links to the ticket office please know: if we make the final, will Tigers get a ticketing allocation or should we purchase directly from the hosts? I don’t remember seeing an email from Tigers about an allocation from Ealing.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Ealing smashing Cornish Pirates and will be confident of beating whatever side we send!
Billy Twelvetrees playing today.
It will be interesting to see our squad. Personally I’d go pretty strong as we want players ready for a massive game v Gloucester then Newcastle in the Premiership. Leinster is a no pressure game.
Last edited by Ian Cant on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:02 pm Ealing smashing Cornish Pirates and will be confident of beaten whatever side we send!
Billy Twelvetrees playing today.
Which is why we will send a lot stronger side than many are suggesting
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

go as strong as possible, we don't have another game for several weeks
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Tickets details from the Ealing site
https://www.ealingtrailfinders.com/team/get-tickets
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:54 pm Tickets details from the Ealing site
https://www.ealingtrailfinders.com/team/get-tickets
Ouch...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Time for some team predictions. I read that we are expecting Heyes to be released, If he is then he starts.

I would like to see a 23 like;

Brown
Bassett
Porter
Kata
OHC
Shilcock
Whitely
Whitcombe
FTT
Heyes
Wells
Hatherall
Rogerson
Ilione
Cracknell

Bench- Montoya, Cronin, Richardson, Carter, Wiese, Youngs, Pollard, Kelly
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Article on our Website suggests you need to have played earlier in the competition to be eligible to play in the semi.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:56 am Article on our Website suggests you need to have played earlier in the competition to be eligible to play in the semi.
Not sure how that can be fair with so many players being away at that stage of the season. Appreciate it is seen as more of a development competition but nothing seems to enforce that and so it would seem somewhat unfair to deprive teams of their world cup players or, indeed, anyone injured at the time, for the duration of the tournament..

Take scrum half, that would leave us with only Whiteley as Ben Youngs was at the world cup and JVP was injured and so he will be the only one who played previously.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:42 am Personally I think it's quite clear we'll be going significantly stronger in the PRC semifinal.

My team would be pretty full strength with one or two promising Development guys there.

There are a few guys I'd give full breaks to due to World Cup etc... Montoya, Wiese, Pollard, Liebenberg

Brown
Simmons

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I think Simmons might be out for a while with his eye injury.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:56 am Article on our Website suggests you need to have played earlier in the competition to be eligible to play in the semi.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lt ... r11-hudson

Not sure where injured players would sit in regards to this (I would suspect they may be eligible) but that would mean the following players are ineligible I think (of our senior squad):

Chessum O
Kata
Martin
Montoya
Reffell
Youngs

I may expect injured players to be available to play so JvP or Scott may be eligible?

Also if JvP may not be eligible/fit it may explain why we didn't put both Edwards and Allan in the squad vs Nottingham, as Whiteley is the only Senior squad scrum half who could be eligible, meaning one of Allan or Edwards may well have to play so they didn't risk them both...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:32 am
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lt ... r11-hudson

Not sure where injured players would sit in regards to this (I would suspect they may be eligible) but that would mean the following players are ineligible I think (of our senior squad):

Chessum O
Kata
Martin
Montoya
Reffell
Youngs

I may expect injured players to be available to play so JvP or Scott may be eligible?

Also if JvP may not be eligible/fit it may explain why we didn't put both Edwards and Allan in the squad vs Nottingham, as Whiteley is the only Senior squad scrum half who could be eligible, meaning one of Allan or Edwards may well have to play so they didn't risk them both...
I would guess also Pollard, Weise and Steward (not that I suspect they would play through selection and international duty). Watson and JVP would be interesting as out through injury at the time.

Thing is, if they could play and were nearing fitness, I suspect that England may want Martin and JVP to get some game time in next week as well as maybe Heyes
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Thanks wasn’t aware of that. Would expect a similar side to the one that played Falcons in the early rounds then