Super User

Re: Tigers v Nottingham (A) - Friendly - Friday 09th February 2024

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:02 pm Will Roberts
Will Cave
James Groves
Ben Carpenter
Joe Adams

I cannot find anything for sure on these guys. I think Will Roberts is a Leicester Lions prop who played with Will Hurd for the County U-18s.

The rest basically not a dickie bird.
So this is in line with what you found this is my findings on the team

O Elliot Gourlay - Tigers Senior Academy
N Toby Maddock - Tigers Academy (ex London Irish)
M Charlie Davies - Tigers Senior Academy
L Joseph Woodward - Tigers Senior Academy
K Jack Kinder - Tigers Senior Academy
J Morgan Meredith - Tigers Senior Academy
I Sam Edwards - Tigers Senior Academy
A Archie Van der Flier - Tigers Senior Academy
B Archie Vanes - Tigers Senior Academy
C Henry Mountford - Tigers Senior Academy
D Rob Carmichael - Tigers Senior Academy
E Tom Manz - Tigers Senior Academy
F George Perkins - Tigers Senior Academy
H Sam Williams - Tigers Senior Academy
G Simon Koroiyadi - Tigers Senior Academy

Replacements

P Will Roberts - Loanee Leicester Lions
Q Will Cave - Loanee Chinnor?? Position makes no sense
R Xavier Valentine - Loanee Nottingham
S James Groves - no idea
T Pete Paramore - Former Bristol Academy player??
U Ben Carpenter - couple of loose possibilities from online searching
V Joe Adams - no idea
W Malelili Satala - Tigers Senior Academy
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Cave, Groves, Paramore, Carpenter all seem to be playing semi regularly for Hartpury College BUCs ... Second team.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:45 pm Cave, Groves, Paramore, Carpenter all seem to be playing semi regularly for Hartpury College BUCs ... Second team.
Interesting given we have quite strong links with Loughborough Uni & Hartpury themselves have strong links with Gloucester...
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:33 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:31 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:06 pm Gotta admit, I wasn't expecting quite that green
Going in cold for Ealing then... I hope that's not too much of a risk.

Still good to see the development squad getting some good bonus gamete. Some new faces in there too - interesting whether they are trials for next season kind of thing? (The likes of Maddock, Valentine (who is a Notts player - further TH injury issues as Valentine has done a swap with Miele at prop) Adams, Cave, Roberts etc.)
Or picking an extremely weak team for that too.
I hope not!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Is Chessum Jnr and Cusick injured? I'd have expected them to be included in this one.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Haven't seen them playing on loan for a while, so I assume they aren't fit.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Glad I didn’t get tickets now as didn’t think it would be an academy side.
A2O
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I get the disappointment, but I'm happy to go and contribute to the club anyway, considering what's happened.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:52 am Is Chessum Jnr and Cusick injured? I'd have expected them to be included in this one.
Cusick played a week and a half ago for Loughborough in the BUCS league Wednesday

https://twitter.com/LboroRugby/status/1 ... 4Or7w&s=19

But wasn't in the team this week so would assume he's picked up an injury. (Both the other two Tigers in that BUCS team - Gourlay and Meredith are in this team)
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:54 am Glad I didn’t get tickets now as didn’t think it would be an academy side.
It was fairly obvious it was going to be an academy side if i'm honest. The senior boys were having 10 days off, and that was well documented by the club. There's no way senior players are playing after just a day or two coming back. This is the exact sort of game that is perfect for playing our youngsters, especially the very young lads in the Development Squad.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 am
ay2oh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:54 am Glad I didn’t get tickets now as didn’t think it would be an academy side.
It was fairly obvious it was going to be an academy side if i'm honest. The senior boys were having 10 days off, and that was well documented by the club. There's no way senior players are playing after just a day or two coming back. This is the exact sort of game that is perfect for playing our youngsters, especially the very young lads in the Development Squad.
Dont think it was obvious that we were going to field an academy side. I and many others thought that we would field a side similar to what may be selected for the Ealing game where there is silverware at stake. I didn’t expect a full bore side but did expect an half and half side. The squad were back training on Monday so no different to any othe Friday night game apart from they have had 10 days rest.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:18 am
Dont think it was obvious that we were going to field an academy side. I and many others thought that we would field a side similar to what may be selected for the Ealing game where there is silverware at stake. I didn’t expect a full bore side but did expect an half and half side. The squad were back training on Monday so no different to any othe Friday night game apart from they have had 10 days rest.
I may be wrong but thought the full squad only got back Wednesday to training?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:25 am
ay2oh wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:18 am

I may be wrong but thought the full squad only got back Wednesday to training?
Am only going on McKellar saying they were having 10 days off after the Friday night Quins game.
A2O
TheChild
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheChild »

Sorry but how is it perfect to watch a bunch of very young lads (using your words) get utterly smashed lumps out of by a men’s team who have at the very least mostly had several years of senior rugby? Kid yourself that won’t happen if you like but have a look what Nottingham did to the British Army Rugby team a few weeks back.
I shared a lift with some of their players as I was staying at the same hotel and trust me we knocked lumps out of them. Literally. And that was to a bunch of hard, seasoned soldiers so what on earth is going to happen tonight when a bunch of kids who mostly (with a few exceptions I know) haven’t played full team games?!

I’m a Notts fan so I would always have gone anyway. It honestly doesn’t bother me from that perspective. I have already seen several comments on social media from people who are now saying they’re not going to bother going. This is sad, especially as we need all the revenue we can get, but I have no doubt that we wouldn’t have got the ticket sales we had if it had been correctly billed.

Granted, I don’t think anyone expected a full strength side but this should have been billed as Nottingham v Leicester Tigers Academy as that’s exactly what it is.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TheChild wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:37 am
Sorry but how is it perfect to watch a bunch of very young lads (using your words) get utterly smashed lumps out of by a men’s team who have at the very least mostly had several years of senior rugby? Kid yourself that won’t happen if you like but have a look what Nottingham did to the British Army Rugby team a few weeks back.
I shared a lift with some of their players as I was staying at the same hotel and trust me we knocked lumps out of them. Literally. And that was to a bunch of hard, seasoned soldiers so what on earth is going to happen tonight when a bunch of kids who mostly (with a few exceptions I know) haven’t played full team games?!

I’m a Notts fan so I would always have gone anyway. It honestly doesn’t bother me from that perspective. I have already seen several comments on social media from people who are now saying they’re not going to bother going. This is sad, especially as we need all the revenue we can get, but I have no doubt that we wouldn’t have got the ticket sales we had if it had been correctly billed.

Granted, I don’t think anyone expected a full strength side but this should have been billed as Nottingham v Leicester Tigers Academy as that’s exactly what it is.
Agree totally
A2O