Freddie Steward

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Freddie Steward

Post by Scott1 »

Yes just watched it again. Not Daly but there was a player outside Freeman,Dingwall?,I'm quite sure that Freddies pass was meant for him and Freeman was supposed to be used as a dummy runner but Freeman took it. Watch it again and see if you think the same
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:56 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:53 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:32 am Was that pass meant for Freeman or Daly? There was certainly some venom on it
Steward lifts the ball into space whilst taking a hit so Freeman can accelerate through the gap. Freeman draws the man and passes to Daly for the walk in. Doesn't happen without Steward collecting the bad pass from Slade and putting it right on the money for Freeman under pressure.

Generally England brought Steward into the game way more in attack, well all of the back three really. Was one of the few positives in our attack.
Yes saw, it but it wasn't lifted it was fired. Was Steward trying a miss pass to Daly and Freeman just took it was my point. Would have to watch it again but there was certainly some venom on the pass
Just re-watched it. I think he rushes to get it out as the pass from Slade is not accurate and there's two Italian defenders waiting to hit him. It's for Freeman but as you say he does whip into his channel.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:22 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:56 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:53 am

Steward lifts the ball into space whilst taking a hit so Freeman can accelerate through the gap. Freeman draws the man and passes to Daly for the walk in. Doesn't happen without Steward collecting the bad pass from Slade and putting it right on the money for Freeman under pressure.

Generally England brought Steward into the game way more in attack, well all of the back three really. Was one of the few positives in our attack.
Yes saw, it but it wasn't lifted it was fired. Was Steward trying a miss pass to Daly and Freeman just took it was my point. Would have to watch it again but there was certainly some venom on the pass
Just re-watched it. I think he rushes to get it out as the pass from Slade is not accurate and there's two Italian defenders waiting to hit him. It's for Freeman but as you say he does whip into his channel.
Could be right ,I’m still on the fence with it. I think Freeman was the dummy runner and the pass was to go behind him to Dingwall? and it went wrong but it went right if you get what I mean, either way great try.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer