Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by Terracetiger4 »

Does anyone have any inside of when we are expecting to see dickens back or if we are expecting to see him back.

Our backs/attacking structure is absolutely woeful. All we attempt to do is batter our way forward or hope the opposition knock the ball on from a box kick. And unfortunately it’s been found out quite a few times this season. I appreciate there’s been some injuries but we’ve been poor all season.

Feel like the club have let mckellar down on this one. As soon as dickens went off we should have looked to bring in another experienced attack coach to fill the void.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Alan dickens tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

It's all very quiet, which is sparking more rumours. There are some whispers around other bits doing the rounds - but of this, there are none.

What that says to me is that the situation is sensitive.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:14 pm It's all very quiet, which is sparking more rumours. There are some whispers around other bits doing the rounds - but of this, there are none.

Sensitive for whom exactly?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:44 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:14 pm It's all very quiet, which is sparking more rumours. There are some whispers around other bits doing the rounds - but of this, there are none.

That's the $1m question. If it were a case of severance, you'd think that it would be resolved by now which makes me wonder if there is some form of illness? All speculation, but in the absence of any statement all we can do is speculate
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:51 pm

That's the $1m question. If it were a case of severance, you'd think that it would be resolved by now which makes me wonder if there is some form of illness? All speculation, but in the absence of any statement all we can do is speculate
I know that illness cannot stop an employer taking action to sack you after a period of prolonged absenteism as defined in terms of employment. I remember many seasons ago the club stuck by an Argentinian International player for some 12 mths plus post him sustaining an injury whilst on international duty against New Zealand if my memory serves me right before they eventually parted ways.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think I'm right in saying Dickens son is played in the U18's game for the club yesterday
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

If the person about whom any information is personal and/or sensitive feels that they don't want that personal and/or sensitive information divulged or disclosed, then it is sensitive for anyone who happens to be privy to that information, and therefore must be treated with discretion.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:19 pm I think I'm right in saying Dickens son is played in the U18's game for the club yesterday
Yes, I believe so.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:14 pm There are some whispers around other bits doing the rounds - but of this, there are none.
Can you enlighten us at all about the other whispers?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Tigerbeat

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please respect his privacy. I am sure the club will say something when the time is right.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

We were able to bring in Petrus du Plessis as short term cover whilst we waited for Dan Palmer to arrive.

I wonder if that's the limit of our extra spend, given our delicate financial position.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:38 am Please respect his privacy. I am sure the club will say something when the time is right.
Right for whom?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:24 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:38 am Please respect his privacy. I am sure the club will say something when the time is right.
Right for whom?
If you had a matter that you wanted to keep private how would you feel if it was made public ?
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:24 am
Right for whom?
Right for both parties. It is obviously something private and should be kept that way.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Whilst I am not interested in Dickens personal life I am interested in Tigers at least having a fully functioning coaching squad and looking to build a new dynasty after the successful but too short lived Borthwick area.

We have a very good, I am quite sure of that and I have hopes for McKellar but I really have been concerned with our attack over several games - even games we've won.

I can't do much about it other than that (express my concern). And sometimes other fans have different views, can make me feel more positive. But I get the feeling on this one most us are thinking along the same lines.