Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:39 pm Strongly believe that when the situation becomes clear and obstruction free Dan McKellar has his own man in mind..
I'm reading into this that you don't think that Dickens was a DMc selection? (If so, I would tend to agree)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:09 pm
kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:39 pm Strongly believe that when the situation becomes clear and obstruction free Dan McKellar has his own man in mind..
I'm reading into this that you don't think that Dickens was a DMc selection? (If so, I would tend to agree)
I don't thinkbhe was "not" McKellar's pick, I think there was a bit that knew he needed some coaching staff from this Hemisphere for example, however unlike some of the new coaches brought in like Palmer, this was someone he'd never worked with before, so there is always the chance that a working relationship may not work out.

Thing is for me, whatever the situation is, there has now been more time without Dickens in the role than he has been in the role so it'll always be tough for Dickens to now come back IMO. Even if the relationship with McKellar and Dickens is fine and the personal situation that has caused this is nothing to do with their working relationship there will come a point where it will be better to seperate than to try and reintergrate.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

At the time all the appointments were made it was possibly on reputation, which you can understand as Dickens has a decent CV
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I like the look of the Scots back play... what is their backs coach doing after the 6N?!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Pellsey wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:05 pm I like the look of the Scots back play... what is their backs coach doing after the 6N?!!
I think Peter Horne only got the full time gig in November. Not sure he'll be moving.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:50 am
Pellsey wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:05 pm I like the look of the Scots back play... what is their backs coach doing after the 6N?!!
I think Peter Horne only got the full time gig in November. Not sure he'll be moving.
Thanks for the info. Shame!!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Interesting comments on this on the latest BBC Radio Leicester podcast. Actually provides some details on what has gone on but some confusion about the position now. Not going to post details but assume that as it is from BBC Radio Leicester, the information given has been pretty well vetted before being broadcast.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:10 am Interesting comments on this on the latest BBC Radio Leicester podcast. Actually provides some details on what has gone on but some confusion about the position now. Not going to post details but assume that as it is from BBC Radio Leicester, the information given has been pretty well vetted before being broadcast.
Was this on the rugby show?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:19 am
GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:10 am Interesting comments on this on the latest BBC Radio Leicester podcast. Actually provides some details on what has gone on but some confusion about the position now. Not going to post details but assume that as it is from BBC Radio Leicester, the information given has been pretty well vetted before being broadcast.
Was this on the rugby show?
Yes it was on the Rugby show put out yesterday with the title being about the Saudi investment.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Just listened to it and I am still none the wiser - suspect we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Hehehehehehehehe
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:24 am
Unfortunately what it didn't have the information to cover was in what form that communication breakdown has occured.

It doesn't help that the RFU disciplinary website has gone cold since September and the only cases they seem to be publishing are those involving abuse of match officials. Nothing like making things even more opaque.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:29 am
Unfortunately what it didn't have the information to cover was in what form that communication breakdown has occured.

It doesn't help that the RFU disciplinary website has gone cold since September and the only cases they seem to be publishing are those involving abuse of match officials. Nothing like making things even more opaque.
It is more information that we did have and you have to assume that anything broadcast would have been with the consent of the club and some hopefully an indication of some form of movement. I also found the breakdown of communication interesting and the message that the club wanted him to return. The cynic in me thinks that the information given in the podcast was a subtle message to the support that the club are trying to do something about it.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

From that I would take, any issues were before he started with Tigers, blowback from that has caused personal issues, he is possibly deemed medically unable to return to work, but he is not communicating with Tigers.
Like a number of other posters I have gone through challenging times with employers and often they are the last people you want to speak to, even thoughts of conversations can be difficult. If that is the case I sympathise but the issue won’t go away it needs resolution
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Sounds like the situation has not progressed and that cannot be helping him or the club.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:02 pm
From that I would take, any issues were before he started with Tigers, blowback from that has caused personal issues, he is possibly deemed medically unable to return to work, but he is not communicating with Tigers.
Like a number of other posters I have gone through challenging times with employers and often they are the last people you want to speak to, even thoughts of conversations can be difficult. If that is the case I sympathise but the issue won’t go away it needs resolution
There are a couple of other possibilities that don't involve that, such as he was upset with how Tigers handled the allegations by putting him on leave and he felt that they should have say kept him on till fully resolved and some bridges were somewhat damaged if not burnt.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.