Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:48 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:02 pm
sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:24 am

From that I would take, any issues were before he started with Tigers, blowback from that has caused personal issues, he is possibly deemed medically unable to return to work, but he is not communicating with Tigers.
Like a number of other posters I have gone through challenging times with employers and often they are the last people you want to speak to, even thoughts of conversations can be difficult. If that is the case I sympathise but the issue won’t go away it needs resolution
There are a couple of other possibilities that don't involve that, such as he was upset with how Tigers handled the allegations by putting him on leave and he felt that they should have say kept him on till fully resolved and some bridges were somewhat damaged if not burnt.
Of course you’re right. Do we know Tigers put him on leave ?
You would have thought that whatever 4 months in both parties want/need resolution
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Being very harsh if it is Dickens digging his heels in as he is unhappy with how Tigers have handled the situation. If they have handled the situation correctly, I can’t see how they would be happy continuing to pay him what would be a large salary.

Without key information it is all speculation
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Your point reintegration is an interesting one. Taking that one step further again pure speculation, are there some players that are voicing concerns over being coached by him.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just a reminder that we do not know what the nature of Alan Dickens absence has been and this speculation is not helpful or advised at this time, without the facts. No official statement has been made by the Club.
Whatever has happened will surely come out in time and the Club will deal with this with confidential discussions to take place for a resolution for all parties.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

so it sounds like he was under investigation by the RFU for something, that is no longer the case and he hasn't been deemed guilty, according to Adam Witty, therefore surely the situation is simple, return to work with everyone else after this break or tender your resignation...

And Tigerbeat if you are saying reports from BBC Radio Leicester cannot be trusted then you should tell the club to shut down this forum
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:28 pm so it sounds like he was under investigation by the RFU for something, that is no longer the case and he hasn't been deemed guilty, according to Adam Witty, therefore surely the situation is simple, return to work with everyone else after this break or tender your resignation...

And Tigerbeat if you are saying reports from BBC Radio Leicester cannot be trusted then you should tell the club to shut down this forum
The speculation as to what may or not have happened is not known to us. BBC Leicester are stating that he was under investigation but is no longer under investigation. Not helpful to speculate over what it was........
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:35 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:28 pm so it sounds like he was under investigation by the RFU for something, that is no longer the case and he hasn't been deemed guilty, according to Adam Witty, therefore surely the situation is simple, return to work with everyone else after this break or tender your resignation...

The speculation as to what may or not have happened is not known to us. BBC Leicester are stating that he was under investigation but is no longer under investigation. Not helpful to speculate over what it was........
if you specifically meant about what it was fair enough but the topic itself is fair game, the key part is, he wasn't deemed guilty and is no longer under investigation, so as far as I'm concerned its simple, get back to work
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:43 pm

if you specifically meant about what it was fair enough but the topic itself is fair game, the key part is, he wasn't deemed guilty and is no longer under investigation, so as far as I'm concerned its simple, get back to work
I think that is the point, it is perfectly fair and easy to discuss the topic and situation without speculating on the grounds for an investigation that was dismissed.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:43 pm

I do agree if he’s not been found guilty of something then why isn’t he back at work. I think that’s a very fair question for any supporters to be asking.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sorry for any confusion.......speculation about what was being investigated for is not helpful and should be avoided at this moment in time, not knowing the facts.
Thanks
:smt023
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

But if he knew he was under investigation & didn't tell Tigers on interview/appointment it would be a more complicated matter, then there is the issue of if the RFU gave him a clean reference.

All a bit of a mess now, for me it needs sorting prior to the resumption of the league.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:53 pm But if he knew he was under investigation & didn't tell Tigers on interview/appointment it would be a more complicated matter, then there is the issue of if the RFU gave him a clean reference.

All a bit of a mess now, for me it needs sorting prior to the resumption of the league.
Nobody on here know the facts and that is what causes speculation. How long do we carry on without an attack coach ?
A2O
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Am I right in thinking there has been no official comment from the club- all via journalists?

If that is the case then that is poor. Even to say ‘personal matter but we cannot comment further’.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:33 pm Am I right in thinking there has been no official comment from the club- all via journalists?

If that is the case then that is poor. Even to say ‘personal matter but we cannot comment further’.
I am certainly not aware of any since the 'he is going on leave' last year.

Last night, however minor, was the first actual detail that I have heard. As I mentioned earlier, with it being through BBC Radio Leicester, I would not be surprised of the club gave the OK to those comments to start getting their side out in the public. With the access they get, I cannot see them going rogue and broadcasting that without the club being at least advised and possibly consenting.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

BBC Leicester may have other sources and have made the comment without the detail without the clubs knowledge.
www.matthampson.co.uk