Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by trendylfj »

I have no interest in "what happened" I just want the situation sorted out and for us to have the best attack coach available working with the team whoever that is.
Hehehehehehehehe
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:48 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:02 pm
sk 88 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:24 am

From that I would take, any issues were before he started with Tigers, blowback from that has caused personal issues, he is possibly deemed medically unable to return to work, but he is not communicating with Tigers.
Like a number of other posters I have gone through challenging times with employers and often they are the last people you want to speak to, even thoughts of conversations can be difficult. If that is the case I sympathise but the issue won’t go away it needs resolution
There are a couple of other possibilities that don't involve that, such as he was upset with how Tigers handled the allegations by putting him on leave and he felt that they should have say kept him on till fully resolved and some bridges were somewhat damaged if not burnt.
You might be right.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:24 am
TigerXV wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am

Various posters have said that allegations made etc can have a long lasting effect on someone even when the prove to be unfounded. As mentioned above he has been proven not guilty so that is no longer the issue. It would now appear to be a breakdown in communication, which may b caused on Dickens side by the impact of the hearings etc.
I fully respect an individuals right to privacy, imo it has now reached the stage where for both parties it would be better being brought to a close. I hope something more can be done to reach a resolution
I am certain that both sides are trying to achieve this but this is the very reason neither side are in a position to speak about it
I am not calling for the allegations to be made public, I don't see why there is any need for that to take place, especially now he has been cleared.

From what I can make out, Leicester have played this pretty well throughout given how sensitive the situation has been. However in recent weeks questions now arise because there are contradictions.

Dickens was cleared weeks ago and from what i have been told wants to return, but hasn't. Tigers according to the story want to bring him back but have not. RFU have cleared him and say he is good to go.

So we have a man who has been cleared weeks ago, that wants to come back to a club that supposedly wants him back but has not done so. That is a contradiction and this is why questions still arise. I wouldn't even rule out the club not being told by the RFU he was good to go.
What I could see is that Tigers want to read the full written hearing judgement before allowing him to return to work. To make sure there is not going to be some blow back on us. And that judgement has not been fully written and released, because in a complex case (particularly an appeal case as this appears to be) it is not unusual for the written particularls to take a few weeks to come through. Particularly if the appeal committee didn't realise there was a time pressure on it &/or a real world situation cropped up.

I think it is possible because:
1) It appears that these allegations likely involved another person, be that words, behaviours or what have you.
2) That person is unlikely to pleased he has been cleared.
3) Tigers now carry the reputational risk if that person came forward and the tide of public opinion turned (ala WRU newsnight documentary).

Also, his son is still playing for the U-18s. So it can't be all bridges burned.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:24 am
TigerXV wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am

Various posters have said that allegations made etc can have a long lasting effect on someone even when the prove to be unfounded. As mentioned above he has been proven not guilty so that is no longer the issue. It would now appear to be a breakdown in communication, which may b caused on Dickens side by the impact of the hearings etc.
I fully respect an individuals right to privacy, imo it has now reached the stage where for both parties it would be better being brought to a close. I hope something more can be done to reach a resolution
I am certain that both sides are trying to achieve this but this is the very reason neither side are in a position to speak about it
I am not calling for the allegations to be made public, I don't see why there is any need for that to take place, especially now he has been cleared.

From what I can make out, Leicester have played this pretty well throughout given how sensitive the situation has been. However in recent weeks questions now arise because there are contradictions.

Dickens was cleared weeks ago and from what i have been told wants to return, but hasn't. Tigers according to the story want to bring him back but have not. RFU have cleared him and say he is good to go.

So we have a man who has been cleared weeks ago, that wants to come back to a club that supposedly wants him back but has not done so. That is a contradiction and this is why questions still arise. I wouldn't even rule out the club not being told by the RFU he was good to go.
I know you have a podcast, but are you really sure he has was cleared weeks ago, I.e have you spoken to him or the rfu or are you simply adding 2+2? The story will out.