Nottingham Rugby Club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Nottingham Rugby Club

Post by Old Hob »

Alternative grounds for the Tigers match? The University, Nottingham High School? The latter might have their arm twisted a bit as their PE teacher was a certain H V White.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:47 pm Alternative grounds for the Tigers match? The University, Nottingham High School? The latter might have their arm twisted a bit as their PE teacher was a certain H V White.
Many years ago there used to be some pitches in West Bridgeford no idea if they’re still there.
Another unlikely option Loughborough Uni artificial pitch. Flood lights and banking around to allow spectators
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:22 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm

100% that game will take place in some sort of guise, given our strategic partnership with them I wouldn't be surprised if we end up hosting though
I would doubt that this match would be hosted at MWWR...........it will cost the club to put it on and in todays climate where they are looking to reduce costs.
Tbf if they put it on as a "fundraiser" I wouldn't be surprised if they got a decent attendance.

That said I suspect it may either be played as a behind closed doors game (we've done with Nottingham before or at Oval Park potentially.
How do you raise money when playing behind closed doors? :smt017
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:06 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:47 pm

I would doubt that this match would be hosted at MWWR...........it will cost the club to put it on and in todays climate where they are looking to reduce costs.
Tbf if they put it on as a "fundraiser" I wouldn't be surprised if they got a decent attendance.

That said I suspect it may either be played as a behind closed doors game (we've done with Nottingham before or at Oval Park potentially.
Sorry I should have been clearer there are IMO a few viable relocation options that wouldn't be loss making.

Option 1 play at Welford Road as Fundraiser (tickets sold buckets etc)

Option 2 play at Welford Road behind closed doors

Option 3 host it at Oval Park
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:23 pm

Sorry I should have been clearer there are IMO a few viable relocation options that wouldn't be loss making.

Sorry but you still havent explained how you raise funds playing behind closed doors, my understanding of that term is No Spectators? So wheres the money coming from?

I just donated to help them but not happy to have to pay a "Tip", I would rather the tip went to the club as part of my small donation rather than the organisers.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:23 pm

Sorry but you still havent explained how you raise funds playing behind closed doors, my understanding of that term is No Spectators? So wheres the money coming from?

I just donated to help them but not happy to have to pay a "Tip", I would rather the tip went to the club as part of my small donation rather than the organisers.
No the match would not be a fundraiser if held behind closed doors.

We have a match already organised with them, so if they cannot host it there is one option for us to host it as a fundraiser which would hopefully encourage more people to attend and mean it's not loss making like some friendlies may be.

A second option for swapping the venues (but not being a fundraiser) is if we are concerned about the match not generating enough revenue to break even the costs of hosting a game is just hold it behind closed doors.

The purpose of that gives our boys a game before the PRC semifinal rather than go into that cold.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Why not donate to the go fund me page that has been set up……no expenses in arranging anything and they will get the money sooner and be able to make the necessary repairs.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =8Aj5ZqzYR
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

I’m in

The “tip” is to pay for the web site and resources to run the site, servers, software, data storage etc which all costs money.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Sadly the flooding might well be the least of their worries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67937322
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:01 pm Sadly the flooding might well be the least of their worries
Dreadful, if true. The Twickenham mob really have to go.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:01 pm Sadly the flooding might well be the least of their worries
It does all sound very draconian. Something does need to be done about the championship imo as it currently isn’t fit for purpose
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:09 pm
It does all sound very draconian. Something does need to be done about the championship imo as it currently isn’t fit for purpose
I think you will find all the clubs would beg to differ
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:04 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:09 pm
I think you will find all the clubs would beg to differ
Maybe just qualify my statement. I don’t agree with what the RFU are proposing. However IMO one of the main purposes of any league structure is to allow clubs to develop to move up to the next level. Currently there are no championship clubs capable of competing with premiership clubs at any level, if the premiership sides pick their strongest team, therefore again imo, they are not fulfilling one of their roles as the 2nd highest league.
Different beasts I know but French rugby has a highly competitive 2nd tier, and looking at football the top 6 clubs in the championship could all survive infrastructure wise in the premiership.
This I why I feel that something needs to be done but obviously not to the detriment of the existing clubs
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With ringfencing and with drawl of financial assistance when clubs were trying to attract investors, the Championship has faced an up hilll struggle, but rest assured there are clubs ready and waiting to enter the Premiership, what happened to Jersey was nothing short of criminal neglect by the RFU in the handling of the re structuring they are currently making a mess of. The French have proper governance of their club game with proper support for their league structure, from this their national team has benefitted, unlike the English model which has seen us regress.