Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by KiwiTig »

Believe in our squad
What a shift
Brown and Kelly sublime
And the pack especially Cronin, Montoya and Heyes smashed them …credit where credit is due
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Saracens (H) - Premiership - Saturday 06th January 2024 - KO- 3-05pm

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Just back

HUGE Win.

Kata is fast becoming my favourite player. At one stage he was advancing with half the Saracens pack hanging off him! It was a thing of beauty.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:52 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:33 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:24 pm

Healey's constant :censored: and playing TMO does my head in :smt011
Was Healey genuinely arguing it shouldn't have been a card? I'm not sure how it's even a question, or why someone with Healey's rugby experience needs to have it explained to him.
his point was Jasper had run 5m, that's the rule for returning kicks not so sure it applies to offside from a quick tap penalty
To be fair he was trying to run round a number of Sarries players making no effort to retreat which I think played a part in the decision. It was cynical with Sarries on the back foot. Austin was trying to sound impartial, Dayglo I filter out as he rarely says anything worthwhile.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

They need to retreat 10 m towards their line. Oz counter 7 paces that were mainly sideways. It is not a circular 5m exclusion zone. Penalty and yellow was the correct call. Itoje needed to go to his line and then come back towards Wiese. Then he would have been OK.

Just seen a previous that is spot on
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:09 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:23 pm ...worrying to see Freddie was seriously struggling badly with his shoulder / arm.
Seemed relatively innocuous at the time but he did seem to be carrying it but braved it out for some time. Good job we've got an experienced fullback turned wing to turn on if he is struggling
Relatively innocuous? He was carrying it from the first minute when Cinti planted him directly on it from a great height & should have seen red!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Post by YoWaGoWan »

nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:24 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:22 pm Are Austin and Lawrence really trying to argue Itoje should have been allowed to get away with being offside because if he wasn't he couldn't have stopped Jasper? :smt005
I’ve had to mute the tv before the remote control goes through the screen…
I always put mine on mute if me me healey is involved,try it you will enjoy the experience :smt023
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I like Oz, especially as I know the affection he has for Tigers but he doesn't let that interfere in doing his job, Rugby would be far better if someone like him was in a key position of the running of the game, the man talks a lot of sense
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

If we can tighten up the handling and get some injuries back then we can really start to scare teams.

One thing is for certain, if we keep that aggression and set piece up we will be a good match at least for most teams.

How we fare (and the teams we select) will be key for these next 2 weeks. I think we go strong as we can and rotate a couple to build match fitness where we get injuries back and really push these next 3 games before the 6N break. Building nicely I think, looking forward to seeing how DMK can progress the team.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:54 pm Rugby would be far better if someone like him was in a key position of the running of the game, the man talks a lot of sense
Agreed, unfortunately we still have blazers with power at the top! :smt017
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:54 pm I like Oz, especially as I know the affection he has for Tigers but he doesn't let that interfere in doing his job, Rugby would be far better if someone like him was in a key position of the running of the game, the man talks a lot of sense
Sarcasm just doesn't print....does it? 🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:54 pm I like Oz, especially as I know the affection he has for Tigers but he doesn't let that interfere in doing his job, Rugby would be far better if someone like him was in a key position of the running of the game, the man talks a lot of sense
He has said in the past he trys to balance his desire to see Tigers win and sometimes can be hard on Tigers. I personally don't have an issue except when it comes to him pointing out foul play. The fact is that he is very good at spotting things means that when he is trying to be neutral and ends being slightly overly harsh it tends to every 2 or 3 games he commentates in pulls us an extra card to the opposition.

When Tigers aren't involved he's definitely one of the best commentators, just think he needs to worry less about coming over as biased, other commentators aren't bothered by it.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:00 pm
Sarcasm just doesn't print....does it? 🤣🤣
wasn't sarcasm I don't want him to be a one eyed Tigers fan I want him to be neutral, it seems some people can't cope with that.

I suspect that his being paired with Dayglo over Kay was to do with people complaining that a commentary team of a Tigers fan and 2 legendary Tigers players was a little biased but can't they use Flats instead of Dayglo?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

One thing Healey isn’t is neutral when it comes to Tigers games!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

sk 88 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:44 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:09 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:23 pm ...worrying to see Freddie was seriously struggling badly with his shoulder / arm.
Seemed relatively innocuous at the time but he did seem to be carrying it but braved it out for some time. Good job we've got an experienced fullback turned wing to turn on if he is struggling
Relatively innocuous? He was carrying it from the first minute when Cinti planted him directly on it from a great height & should have seen red!
I don't think it was that incident that caused it. It was after he beat a couple of players after chasing back the kick from their half to near our line. I may be wrong. That was the first time that the TV showed him holding his left arm as though he'd done some damage.

IMHO - I thought that the aerial challenge was a fair contest just with a bad outcome.
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

WirralExile wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm I saw a young Sarries fan stood on the barrier at the Europcar end of the pitch, supported by his dad, holding up a home made poster saying "Owen please leave". Given how much has been written about the abuse OF has received in the past few months and the recent speculation of his departure for France, I felt this was really inappropriate. And coming from an apparent Sarries fan!
The sign said, “Owen please don’t leave.” There’s a picture of the child holding it on The Telegraph website this evening. :smt001