Re: Harry Simmons

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Massively. Healey-esque footwork.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:12 pm Massively. Healey-esque footwork.
He’s better than that 🤣
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Healey was a quality player so let's not let his commentating affect how we remember that.

To be honest his biggest issue was he was able to play in so many positions. Best position was scrum half but wanted to play in his weakest - fly half!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

mol2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:16 pm Healey was a quality player so let's not let his commentating affect how we remember that.

To be honest his biggest issue was he was able to play in so many positions. Best position was scrum half but wanted to play in his weakest - fly half!
Oh don’t get me wrong I was a huge Healey fan as a player, Kevin Putt incident excepted.
Massively unlucky to miss out on the 2003 RWC squad
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Just on availability. Last season Tigers played 21 league games (20 & SF), and 6 Champions Cup games.

Anthony Watson played 16 games of those 27 games, scoring 6 tries, so a strike rate of a try every 2.66 games which is pretty good considering we're not that attack minded.

For means of comparison, Julian Montoya played 17 games last season, and Jasper Wiese played 16 times.

As a result, I don't think there's any real Watson availability issues per se. He has a strong scoring record, and personally I thought he had a good game out in Paris, for a first outing out in several months.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Re Watson, who is a very fine rugby player, the frustration for some may come from him being injured for 7 months, playing 2 games, scoring in 1 and then being injured. I don’t know if it is a new injury or a flare up of the previous one, but the sooner he is fit and playing again the happier I’m sure everyone will be.

At a slight tangent in on of the social media shots there is a player who could well be Josh Bassett training
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:24 pm Re Watson, who is a very fine rugby player, the frustration for some may come from him being injured for 7 months, playing 2 games, scoring in 1 and then being injured. I don’t know if it is a new injury or a flare up of the previous one, but the sooner he is fit and playing again the happier I’m sure everyone will be.

At a slight tangent in on of the social media shots there is a player who could well be Josh Bassett training
Watson was injured for 7 weeks, not 7 months. We could not play him any earlier due to his training contract with the RFU ending in December.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:52 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:24 pm Re Watson, who is a very fine rugby player, the frustration for some may come from him being injured for 7 months, playing 2 games, scoring in 1 and then being injured. I don’t know if it is a new injury or a flare up of the previous one, but the sooner he is fit and playing again the happier I’m sure everyone will be.

Watson was injured for 7 weeks, not 7 months. We could not play him any earlier due to his training contract with the RFU ending in December.
Ok just for clarification when the last game he played prior to Paris
The reason I ask the question is because honestly can’t remember when his last game was.
I’m sure I’d read 7 months, obviously incorrectly, but the point remains regarding the fan’s frustration, and I’m sure his, is that 2 games after a reasonable lengthy break he is injured again
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:01 pm

Ok, just for clarification, it was 19th August 2023. He played against Ireland in the WC Warm Up, then got injured for 7 weeks.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Ok, just for clarification, it was 19th August 2023. He played against Ireland in the WC Warm Up, then got injured for 7 weeks.
Thank you so injury, break from the game due to circumstances beyond his control he didn’t play from August 19 to December 17th which as near as damn it is 4 months
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:16 pm

Thank you so injury, break from the game due to circumstances beyond his control he didn’t play from August 19 to December 17th which as near as damn it is 4 months
Whatever keeps you happy champ. But it was not 7 months he was out for, no matter what maths you wish to use. Oh and 4 months isn't 7 months either.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:22 pm

Whatever keeps you happy champ. But it was not 7 months he was out for, no matter what maths you wish to use. Oh and 4 months isn't 7 months either.
For which I apologised further up champ. 4 months isn’t 7 weeks either if you want to be pedantic
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:28 pm

For which I apologised further up champ. 4 months isn’t 7 weeks either if you want to be pedantic
You didn't apologise. Rather hard to play any earlier when you are signed up until December.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:28 pm

You didn't apologise. Rather hard to play any earlier when you are signed up until December.
I said this
I’m sure I’d read 7 months, obviously incorrectly, but the point remains regarding the fan’s frustration, and I’m sure his, is that 2 games after a reasonable lengthy break he is injured again
Admittedly I didn’t use the word sorry
Just for clarification for whatever reason he didn’t play for best part of 4 months, and appears to have been injured v Exeter. Frustrating for everyone involved