Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: New Supporters Forum?

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:06 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:27 pm The questions raised at open forums were definitely not previously vetted nor were the questioners plants. Obviously there were occasions when concerns had been expressed publicly by many and the club knew and were prepared for the question but they did not know who would raise the matter of to where it would lead.
How many microphones were available to ask questions?

Answer = 1

How did supporters get to ask questions?

Answer = by possession of the microphone

Who possessed the sole microphone?

Answer = Gary Sherrard

So who controlled who got to ask questions?

Answer = Gary Sherrard
Everybody in the room was given the opportunity to ask questions and I do not recall anyone being ignored....
Well I do as I was one of them!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:19 am
sapajo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 pm

How many microphones were available to ask questions?

Answer = 1

How did supporters get to ask questions?

Answer = by possession of the microphone

Who possessed the sole microphone?

Answer = Gary Sherrard

So who controlled who got to ask questions?

Answer = Gary Sherrard
Everybody in the room was given the opportunity to ask questions and I do not recall anyone being ignored....
Is it any different from some posts being "moderated" off this forum when critical of the club or its "officers".
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 am

Is it any different from some posts being "moderated" off this forum when critical of the club or its "officers".
No and that is exactly my point :smt023 As for "plants" I can tell you that for a fact that at the end of one such meeting the microphone was handed over to a supporter (who did not have his hand up) to ask the last question and instead he went into raptures about the club. Funny old thing eh?
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:23 pm Like I said,nothing questions. Was Mr. Cohen ever pulled on his “no stone left unturned Worldwide” search that all of a sudden morphed into a “has to have domestic experience” search? Er,nope!
Was the board ever pulled on why when they said that Murphy would get the job on merit that he got the job coming off a horrendous run? Er,nope!
Was the board ever asked who was turned down in our search for a new coach or if indeed we really interviewed anyone else at all when we ended up with MOC? Not that I’m aware of but happy to be proved wrong if anyone did have the testicular fortitude at the time to ask these very pertinent questions!
That happened in 2017, why on earth would anyone be asking questions about in March 2020?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Sapajo, I think I remember the Forum of which you speak, if I am correct the guy that spoke was called Keith, he sat near the front wearing a bow tie. He had indicated that he wished to speak. He is or was a passionate Tigers fan, he moved away from Leicester during lockdown due to be near his daughter. His wife had been ill for some time and I believe his own health was failing.. He was one that attended training almost every morning, Cocker once joked that Keith was at training more than most of the players. Keith's views on Tigers may have been a little over the top but they were never the less his own.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:00 pm Sapajo, I think I remember the Forum of which you speak, if I am correct the guy that spoke was called Keith, he sat near the front wearing a bow tie. He had indicated that he wished to speak. He is or was a passionate Tigers fan, he moved away from Leicester during lockdown due to be near his daughter. His wife had been ill for some time and I believe his own health was failing.. He was one that attended training almost every morning, Cocker once joked that Keith was at training more than most of the players. Keith's views on Tigers may have been a little over the top but they were never the less his own.
Thank you kindly for this, when 2 people are asked to recant their experience of a same event it is never exactly the same. I have no doubt that "Keith" was a passionate Tigers fan and no doubt it was no accident that he was given the last chance to express his passion for the club rather than actually ask a question.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:23 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 am

No and that is exactly my point :smt023 As for "plants" I can tell you that for a fact that at the end of one such meeting the microphone was handed over to a supporter (who did not have his hand up) to ask the last question and instead he went into raptures about the club. Funny old thing eh?
My point proved exactly! Nice to hear from someone who was actually there :smt023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

LE18 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:57 pm
Ellie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:41 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:25 pm Any ideas as to whom the club selected to be on this Forum?
I was wondering the same thing, appears to have gone very silent on this. You would’ve expected some of the “new offerings” that Andrea has been emailing about might’ve been discussed with the new forum as it’s supposed to represent a cross section of Tigers supporters.
Back to my original question, Who has been selected for this forum? Anyone know please?
Did anyone know if people have been chosen yet?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:20 am
Ellie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:41 pm

I was wondering the same thing, appears to have gone very silent on this. You would’ve expected some of the “new offerings” that Andrea has been emailing about might’ve been discussed with the new forum as it’s supposed to represent a cross section of Tigers supporters.
Back to my original question, Who has been selected for this forum? Anyone know please?
Well its definately not going to be me :smt003
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

sapajo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:00 pm
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:20 am

Well its definately not going to be me :smt003
I put myself forward as I now have the time needed to commit to this, filled in all the details requested so they can get a cross section of supporters on the forum. So they’ve either not decided yet (as I’ve not had a yes or a no thanks email) or they’ve decided and told those that are successful (and not communicated it more widely) and not communicated to the unsuccessful ones.

I hope it’s a not finalised it yet which whilst it’s disappointing this hasn’t been established more quickly and used to discuss some recent topics it does mean there’s not been another communication faux pas.