Re: 6N's window friendlies

Post by GB72 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:54 am So we have announced currently
Bristol v Crusaders
Quins v Munster
Saints v Stormers
Newcastle Falcons TBA

I wonder if we have something lined up.
I guess you have to look at it from the financial perspective. If it was a fully paid to attend match then it would make sense doing that. If it were to be included in the season ticket or if not including it would cause serious issues with season ticket holders, you would have to ask if it would be worthwhile with a no doubt lower attendance due to missing players and the 6 Nations being on plus the cost of having the pay the opposition to pay. Easy to make a loss on such events.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:07 pm
Bristol v Crusaders
Quins v Munster
Saints v Stormers
Newcastle Falcons TBA

I guess you have to look at it from the financial perspective. If it was a fully paid to attend match then it would make sense doing that. If it were to be included in the season ticket or if not including it would cause serious issues with season ticket holders, you would have to ask if it would be worthwhile with a no doubt lower attendance due to missing players and the 6 Nations being on plus the cost of having the pay the opposition to pay. Easy to make a loss on such events.
From a financial perspective us having the England A game is the one that will bring in the revenue.

I think these will be more about match sharpness
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:42 pm
GB72 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:07 pm
Bristol v Crusaders
Quins v Munster
Saints v Stormers
Newcastle Falcons TBA

From a financial perspective us having the England A game is the one that will bring in the revenue.

I think these will be more about match sharpness
i can certainly appreciate that. Just looking at the names in the list above and I would hate to think how much clubs are paying for the match. Need a decent crowd in (all paying not season ticket) just to recoup the outlay.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

I didn't realise Bristol had bagged the Crusaders! I'd love to see an NZ side play at Welford Road.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:53 pm I didn't realise Bristol had bagged the Crusaders! I'd love to see an NZ side play at Welford Road.
Be interesting to see just how strong a Side the Crusaders send over
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:53 pm I didn't realise Bristol had bagged the Crusaders! I'd love to see an NZ side play at Welford Road.
The All Blacks have played at Welford Road against the Midlands, I saw Graham Mouries side in the '70's
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I was at that match say well, Tigerburnie. Can remember exactly where I was standing.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Just an idea,Mens season ticket holders get free entry to 1 or more Womens home game during 6 Nations with Women season ticket holders getting an extra ticket for free. Slater Cup Would be a good one to do.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Farmboy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:53 pm Just an idea,Mens season ticket holders get free entry to 1 or more Womens home game during 6 Nations with Women season ticket holders getting an extra ticket for free. Slater Cup Would be a good one to do.
Was there not an uplift charge on the season ticket so unless you asked for it to be taken off you got a women's season ticket as well. Could be wrong.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

GB72 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:56 pm
Farmboy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:53 pm Just an idea,Mens season ticket holders get free entry to 1 or more Womens home game during 6 Nations with Women season ticket holders getting an extra ticket for free. Slater Cup Would be a good one to do.
Was there not an uplift charge on the season ticket so unless you asked for it to be taken off you got a women's season ticket as well. Could be wrong.
Believe only about 5000, happy to be corrected, Womens season ticket Holders, Also why the free Ticket for Womens Season ticket holders.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/NottinghamRugby/sta ... x9Cbg&s=19

Tigers first friendly announced away vs Nottingham
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:01 pm https://twitter.com/NottinghamRugby/sta ... x9Cbg&s=19

Tigers first friendly announced away vs Nottingham
Bristol playing Bedford on the same night, nice to include the Championship and give the fringe players a shot
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So as we're looking now:

Last league game 26th Jan
2nd/3rd/4th Feb BYE
Fri 9th Feb away vs Nottingham (friendly)
Sun 18th Feb away vs Ealing PRC Semifinal
Sun 25th Feb England A vs Portugal (Tigers Bye)
1st/2nd/3rd March BYE
8th/9th/10th March BYE
Fri 15th March Possible PRC final
Weekend of 23rd home vs Gloucester as league restarts

So I think Nottingham is an ideal warmup before the PRC semifinal. Though as a Friday to Sunday turnaround gives 9 day gap between games so plenty of time to focus on the game that actually counts.

So currently 4 other bye weeks, plus possibly the PRC final week.

Most important one to book the next game in is the 8th/9th/10th weekend, if we are in the PRC final a tune up would be nice, a week beforehand, but in case we make the final we can't book anything that weekend and we really can't afford to go into the league completely cold against Gloucester. So really hope minimum of one game that weekend.

The other two completely free weekends would be nice to have one on the 2nd Feb as a double header with the ladies. Plus getting a fixture on the first weekend in March will help with squad depth etc. So ideally fill those. I even wouldn't be averse to a game the same weekend as the Portugal match to help give the squad a game if it was felt necessary, but I doubt we may get one there. Wonder about another reciprocal pair of matches vs Saints or another club?
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.