Tigers v Newcastle Falcons (H) - Premiership - Sunday 3rd December 2023 - KO: 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons (H) - Premiership - Sunday 3rd December 2023 - KO: 3-00pm

Post by jgriffin »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm I seem to recall that the average spend per person based on tickets sold was around £3 to £4 per head on food and drink.
I remember the chippie used to do better business than that, even the players went over there back in the 2000s.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons (H) - Premiership - Sunday 3rd December 2023 - KO: 3-00pm

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm I seem to recall that the average spend per person based on tickets sold was around £3 to £4 per head on food and drink.
it would be more if they lowered prices, when you can got into the shop across the road and by the same size bottle of water for half the price ...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:42 pm In simple terms you would have thought that Tigers would be looking to maximise venue catering revenues.

And you would have thought that those revenues would be intrinsically linked to footfall. That is to say an attendance of 20k would have a proportionate increase from that of 15k.

In general terms, if that is not the case, something is wrong.
Tigers clearly decided that they could decouple attendance related catering revenue income by contracting it out instead for a non revenue based fixed regular income.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:38 pm Tigers clearly decided that they could decouple attendance related catering revenue income by contracting it out instead for a non revenue based fixed regular income.
Is that true?

If so then it seems a difficult relationship to manage. The contractor will clearly want to max their revenue but Tigers won't have any incentive to help them do so. And the Tigers will want the customer experience to be really good but the catering company will just want to max their revenue.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ourla wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:38 pm Tigers clearly decided that they could decouple attendance related catering revenue income by contracting it out instead for a non revenue based fixed regular income.
Is that true?

If so then it seems a difficult relationship to manage. The contractor will clearly want to max their revenue but Tigers won't have any incentive to help them do so. And the Tigers will want the customer experience to be really good but the catering company will just want to max their revenue.
Unlikely, in my opinion. But I don't know for sure.