Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Atmosphere during games

Post by KiwiTig »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 am
KiwiTig wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:15 pm Apparently the noise of the crumbie crowd inside the changing rooms is a major factor why the stand is still there as it inspires so much …can anyone else confirm this ?
That and because it hasn’t caught fire yet
I suppose there is that 🤣
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 am
KiwiTig wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:15 pm Apparently the noise of the crumbie crowd inside the changing rooms is a major factor why the stand is still there as it inspires so much …can anyone else confirm this ?
It does make me wonder how neither of the old stands burned down back in the day when smoking was allowed in the stands.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

In all seriousness I hope as and when they come to develop it they manage to keep the terrace and tunnel through the crowd, as it is becoming very rare and holds it own special place
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:33 am
KiwiTig wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 am

It does make me wonder how neither of the old stands burned down back in the day when smoking was allowed in the stands.
Especially with dear old Bill knocking his pipe out on the steps
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:35 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:33 am
KiwiTig wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 am I suppose there is that 🤣
Especially with dear old Bill knocking his pipe out on the steps
Its because its well seasoned, just like us who sit in it. :smt046
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Back on style of play.

Who would you rather support - Bristol/Quins or Saracens/Sale?

And who has the best atmosphere at their games?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ourla wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:35 pm Back on style of play.

The most attractive total rugby side for me is Saracens, and they seem to generate a decent atmosphere at the Stonex
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:40 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:35 pm Back on style of play.

The most attractive total rugby side for me is Saracens, and they seem to generate a decent atmosphere at the Stonex
In addendum to my previous question. I realised I said "support" as opposed to watch on a regular basis. Maybe the two things are the same. Also atmosphere assumes you attend the games as opposed to watching on the telly - although even that is enhanced by a good atmo. It's a complex thing in a way.

What triggered my thought was reading about Bristol losing 5 on the bounce and discussions about Pat Lam. I love watching Bristol, the ground seems good and to have a reasonable atmosphere. But success as largely so far eluded them.

Whatever you think of Saracens and the salary cap thing surely you've got to admire how they have kept their core and regenerated.

Sale are a bit hard work and the ground/atmo not all that. Bit I do like to see a team from the north do well and there are bit Tigerish in the way they play.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Ashton Gate is indeed an excellent ground.... but usually half full. So, it still has that rattling a pea in a cocoa tin feel.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:31 pm Ashton Gate is indeed an excellent ground.... but usually half full. So, it still has that rattling a pea in a cocoa tin feel.
Does a ground have to be full? I mean wouldn't a half full Ashton Gate have as many supporters in it as a full AJ Bell or Kingston Park? Not saying you are wrong just interested.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ourla wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:37 pm
Old Hob wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:31 pm Ashton Gate is indeed an excellent ground.... but usually half full. So, it still has that rattling a pea in a cocoa tin feel.
Does a ground have to be full? I mean wouldn't a half full Ashton Gate have as many supporters in it as a full AJ Bell or Kingston Park? Not saying you are wrong just interested.
Thing is how the accoustics in stadium's work generally mean that significant portions of empty seats will cause loss of atmosphere.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ourla wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:37 pm
A half full Ashton Gate would have more supporters than most grounds bar MWWR and the Gardens.
The point about half full grounds is an excellent one. It’s why the Ricoh always seemed so soulless had that many spectators Ben at the A J Bell it would have been a very different ground
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Wasps at Wycombe was more enjoyable than Wasps at the Ricoh and Wasps at Loftus Rd was terrible for atmosphere. Irish at the Majeski became soulless it was picking up for them at Brentford. 10k capacity with 7k fans has an atmosphere 30k capacity with 7k fans dead.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

My thoughts are that we add to something good and make it even better ?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Eggchasers on "WHY IS NO-ONE WATCHING DOMESTIC RUGBY?"

https://youtu.be/MHtQqrKbKxY?si=2gYt2j_bNrFdPoOe