Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins (H) - Premiership - Saturday 11th November 2023 KO: 15:05

Post by ay2oh »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:22 am
ay2oh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:32 pm Preaching to knowledgeable supporters doesn’t make you right.
You may call it preaching , some ( I ) may call it giving an opinion.
Is this not what a Forum is about?
Or , does everyone have conform ?
You/we can argue back and forth till blue in the face but essentially we are all that set it makes no odds - no matter what argument is forwarded....

Blue is blue , green is green (unless you are colour blind) :smt001

I can agree and accept that people think differently. Can you do the same without the vitriol or sarcasm ?
read your posts back and tell me how you think it comes over. You make it sound like you are the only one who wants Tigers to win and as for your “ I was a semi pro” well that’s a classic trying to be superior post. Anyway let’s leave it at that as I’m bored
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:52 am
ay2oh wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:32 pm Preaching to knowledgeable supporters doesn’t make you right.
You/we can argue back and forth till blue in the face but essentially we are all that set it makes no odds - no matter what argument is forwarded....

I can agree and accept that people think differently. Can you do the same without the vitriol or sarcasm ?
read your posts back and tell me how you think it comes over. You make it sound like you are the only one who wants Tigers to win and as for your “ I was a semi pro” well that’s a classic trying to be superior post. Anyway let’s leave it at that as I’m bored
Please could we draw line under this and agree to disagree.........everyone has their own opinions and if they were all the same it would not bring good debate or discussion.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:56 am
ay2oh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:52 am

Please could we draw line under this and agree to disagree.........everyone has their own opinions and if they were all the same it would not bring good debate or discussion.

Agreed.Verbal Tennis to this extent does nothing and does no one any good.Time will tell all.Thnx
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:30 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:08 pm
AViewFromLe2 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:28 pm

It was fairly obvious when watching the game that we were more expansive in our attack. Lots more attacking shapes, variation and willingness to get wider compared to previous weeks.

The statistics also back this up - we made more carries than Quins, made more metres than Quins, made more passes than Quins, made double the amount of offloads than Quins, beat more defenders than Quins as well as kicked the same amount as Quins who are seen as one of the most attacking teams in the league.

We also had greater ruck success than Quins, won more rucks than Quins, and won more turnovers compared to Quins.

Our issue is that we dropped the ball at crucial times, costing us in defence and attack, as well as not being secure enough in our line out.

For all the noise on here, the statistics show that Saturday was nowhere near the disaster some like to portray. Raging Bull is also correct in that we lost 80% of our first team, with a new coaching side coming it. It's a pretty clear and obvious mitigation, unless you have an agenda.

Quite clearly results need to improve and sharpish, as do the performances but a bit of balance and perspective needs to be brought in here.
Great post.

I feel everytime we lose there's an outcry about the kicking irrespective of what the kicking strategy is. Playing from our own half actually cost us a little bit at the weekend.
The irony is that Kelly dropped the ball trying to get the ball wide to a 3 man overlap. If he had ignored it and booted the ball down the field, many people on here would be up in arms but we would have gone in at HT in front and probably have won the game.
This is the way of it if you take more risks in attack. Borthwick's tactics were often bemoaned but we won more than we lost with that safety first thinking.

Quins both score and concede a fair bit. As did LI and Saints (though their new defence coach doesn't appear to be stealing a living like their old one). Be careful what you wish for re more expansive attack.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Why ?
Why not win but win better ?
The game needs to change and be entertaining as a spectacle as much as it is a sport. Rugby is competing in a busy market of sport and needs to evolve whether we like it or not
There was an infamous quote from Brian Clough when he succeeded Don Revie at Leeds. Clough told Revie that “ I want to win the league but I want to win it better.’
Of course Clough’s tenure at Leeds lasted only 44 days or so but I understand what he meant and he went to win better elsewhere

England’s pre World Cup performances were in front of half filled stadia and I think this was a reflection of the SB style of rugby and the players that he selected to deliver it

When Maximus Decimus Meridius quickly dispatched his opponents in the gladitorial arena it wasn’t enough. “Are you not entertained ?” He shouted at them
Victory wasn’t enough. The manner of the victory was important too

Rugby is at a crucial stage and needs to evolve to sustain existing supporters and attract new ones. Survival isn’t about the fittest, it’s about those who adapt to a changing environment the best

Let’s welcome change
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

KiwiTig wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:18 pm
. Survival isn’t about the fittest, it’s about those who adapt to a changing environment the best

Just for info "Fittest" here means who has the best fit, the best adaptions not who is physically stronger.
Trying to be helpful.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:55 am
KiwiTig wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:18 pm
. Survival isn’t about the fittest, it’s about those who adapt to a changing environment the best

Exactly that 👍

Just for info "Fittest" here means who has the best fit, the best adaptions not who is physically stronger.
Trying to be helpful.