Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Eddie Jones resigns as Australia coach

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ads wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:02 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:37 pm Bookies who are rarely miles off have Larkham & Friend as the favorites for the Australia job

https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-a ... ddie-jones
They haven't even got McKellar on their list.
Maybe they think the buyout to activate his release is just too high to be one of the favourites
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:32 am
sapajo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:49 am
TTRITH wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 am

So we shouldn't hire exciting, upcoming, talented coaches?!

Let's appoint Woodward, because no would want him!
Not if they are going to voluntarily leave within their contracted period. We have endured and suffered due to too much coaching turmoil in recent years and it is not good for the continuing success of the club both on and off the pitch.
+1 :smt023 Exactly. Contracts may well be stitched up but another change may put ideas in players minds to find a more stable club to settle with.
Nice to see that someone on here has some common sense. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

And yet players will often agree contracts at new clubs halfway through the previous season, not knowing what the coaching set up could be
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I see "Ruck" is pushing the story that Mr McKeller is off back to Oz and Sir Kev is a hot tip to be the next gaffer.

Then, as I've been told many times on here, "This is Ruck!'
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:13 pm I see "Ruck" is pushing the story that Mr McKeller is off back to Oz and Sir Kev is a hot tip to be the next gaffer.

I'm sure that Sir Kev bemoaned the lack of time at home with his family when he was with us as an assistant. I can't imagine that he'd enjoy being top dog and having to, most likely, spend more time away from home.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:19 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:13 pm I see "Ruck" is pushing the story that Mr McKeller is off back to Oz and Sir Kev is a hot tip to be the next gaffer.

I'm sure that Sir Kev bemoaned the lack of time at home with his family when he was with us as an assistant. I can't imagine that he'd enjoy being top dog and having to, most likely, spend more time away from home.
I definitely think it is more likely that Kev may be joining us to replace Dickens than McKellar.

Him and Everard looking after attack/defence.

Let's not also forget Atkinson credited Sinfield as massively helping his kicking (which seems to be the root of his confidence issues atm)
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Totally this, there is no way that Sir Kev is spending large amounts of time 120 miles plus away from his young family while they are growing. If one of the local rugby league sides can’t utilise his services I’m sure he’ll be kept busy enough with his charitable works
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The Ruck is a Saints fan isn’t he so he is unlikely to have a clue
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:52 pm The Ruck is a Saints fan isn’t he so he is unlikely to have a clue
Rugby Inside Line is run by Saints fans (there are a few of them that run it). Not sure on The Ruck.
Last edited by longlivethecrumbie on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:52 pm The Ruck is a Saints fan isn’t he so he is unlikely to have a clue
Thought that was more 'Rugby Inside Line' - the Saints fan I mean, could be wrong.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Apologies my error. I blame my age
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The rumours about Sinfield leaving England all seem to started with one article in the Telegraph where they speculated that Sinfield was leaving as Felix Jones is incoming. Ignoring the fact that Jones has been brought in to look after the attack.

The Telegraph have run two or three pieces that have been very negative about Sinfield. They seem to be the ones fueling the rumours and the likes of the Ruck and Rugby Pass just parrot them on a day later, in the Ruck's case they generally drag a rumour out for a good fortnight if they can.

Despite the down beat nature of their analysis of his defensive structure England had one of the best defences in the competition. Helped by the draw certainly but up against South Africa we looked perfectly capable.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:34 pm

The rumours about Sinfield leaving England all seem to started with one article in the Telegraph where they speculated that Sinfield was leaving as Felix Jones is incoming. Ignoring the fact that Jones has been brought in to look after the attack.

The Telegraph have run two or three pieces that have been very negative about Sinfield. They seem to be the ones fueling the rumours and the likes of the Ruck and Rugby Pass just parrot them on a day later, in the Ruck's case they generally drag a rumour out for a good fortnight if they can.

Despite the down beat nature of their analysis of his defensive structure England had one of the best defences in the competition. Helped by the draw certainly but up against South Africa we looked perfectly capable.
Agreed. However, I will say that in our title winning.season we were excellent with a Sinfield drilled D but the following season we were poor until Everard picked.up the reins. Maybe sides worked us out from the season before without us making any.significant strides defensively or that Sinfield's message got lost but the results were not so great.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:31 am
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:34 pm

Agreed. However, I will say that in our title winning.season we were excellent with a Sinfield drilled D but the following season we were poor until Everard picked.up the reins. Maybe sides worked us out from the season before without us making any.significant strides defensively or that Sinfield's message got lost but the results were not so great.
I don’t think it a rumour at all. If you read the article it says it’s mutually agreed not ‘Sinfield should go’. Telegraph- Charlie Morgan, Ben Coles etc are very reliable. It doesn’t read as an opinion piece or speculation more an explanation as to why they are parting ways.