Eddie Jones resigns as Australia coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Eddie Jones resigns as Australia coach

Post by CJ »

Just breaking on the BBC radio. No further details yet.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Eddie Jones resigns as Australia coach

Post by Scott1 »

Gonna be an interesting few weeks,I’ve no doubt McKellar will be approached. Probably not publically due to legal reasons but there’s ways around these things. I used to think he would go,now I’ve gone the other way. Jones was always going after that disaster although there were many on here that believed he was gonna stay on. Not a chance! He was gone really as soon as they were out,it was a just a case of the legal teams getting together and sorting out the payoff side of things
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

From the many articles I've read he's either resigned or left by mutual consent.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:29 am From the many articles I've read he's either resigned or left by mutual consent.
Yes,he hasn’t been sacked
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/10/30/e ... on-future/

Little bit worried now after reading this…
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean depends what the clause is? Most contracts have clauses that require payment.
Borthwick had a clause in his contract still required RFU to pay.

Personally reads more like a website wanting to get some clicks considering they start mentioning more names at the bottom and pretty all "If's"
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dan Mckeller has made a big decision to move to the UK and his kids have also started a new school…..lots to consider.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Hope the family has settled & are enjoying it here
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:00 pm Dan Mckeller has made a big decision to move to the UK and his kids have also started a new school…..lots to consider.
I don’t think the family bit makes much difference not as if he’s moving to another foreign country they would be moving home
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What was that I said about clauses and contract breaks? These people aren’t stupid! There’s all sorts of legal jargon in these things. And his kids aren’t settled already,it would’ve just been like a long vacation so far.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

As with all these scenarios, no point in keeping someone that wants to leave, regardless of contract clauses. Depends on what he wants I reckon.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:40 pm What was that I said about clauses and contract breaks? These people aren’t stupid! There’s all sorts of legal jargon in these things. And his kids aren’t settled already,it would’ve just been like a long vacation so far.
What? You know them personally?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:18 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:40 pm What was that I said about clauses and contract breaks? These people aren’t stupid! There’s all sorts of legal jargon in these things. And his kids aren’t settled already,it would’ve just been like a long vacation so far.
What? You know them personally?
No,but kids are resilient. I’m sure they would be ok ,and how do we know they are not missing home anyway? Has anyone thought of that instead? McKellar will make the best decision for him and his family and rightly so! They come first. But for all we know he might not even be approached,they might have someone else in mind
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigersunited wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:16 pm As with all these scenarios, no point in keeping someone that wants to leave, regardless of contract clauses. Depends on what he wants I reckon.
Exactly,and that’s all that matters. Him and his family,and future career.