Tigers v Sale (H) - Premiership - Saturday 21st October 2023 KO:15:05

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Sale (H) - Premiership - Saturday 21st October 2023 KO:15:05

Post by fortysix »

Lose the next two, after all the over hype dolled out pre-season, and the season is virtually written off . There are a number who just dont seem good enough to be in the Premiership in the team at present. As for Coaching. What Coaching??
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Has the other coach (Palmer?) arrived yet?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm Has the other coach (Palmer?) arrived yet?
Yes, photos of him on site today.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

fortysix wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:38 pm Lose the next two, after all the over hype dolled out pre-season, and the season is virtually written off . There are a number who just dont seem good enough to be in the Premiership in the team at present. As for Coaching. What Coaching??
Season written off after 4 games I don’t think so. You do know we only have to finish top 4 don’t you
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:15 pm
fortysix wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:38 pm Lose the next two, after all the over hype dolled out pre-season, and the season is virtually written off . There are a number who just dont seem good enough to be in the Premiership in the team at present. As for Coaching. What Coaching??
Season written off after 4 games I don’t think so. You do know we only have to finish top 4 don’t you
Is it top 5 for HC this season?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

GB72 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:50 pm
fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:47 pm Has the other coach (Palmer?) arrived yet?
Yes, photos of him on site today.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Read today in DT that Kevin Sinfield is leaving the England coaching team, he does not have enough experience for that level. Also Aled is stepping up, he is taking over the media role etc as hes done very well.
Judging by our defence on Saturday where Sale just dummied their way through our centres, we need him back immediately. Du Preez had us on toast, not only our defence but we had no attacking threat, Kelly, Porter (only part time) and Cockasigna had very poor games.

Do we have a place kicking coach?, left footed kickers (Bar Jonnie) always seem to struggle in my opinion.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

LE18 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:04 pm Read today in DT that Kevin Sinfield is leaving the England coaching team, he does not have enough experience for that level. Also Aled is stepping up, he is taking over the media role etc as hes done very well.
Judging by our defence on Saturday where Sale just dummied their way through our centres, we need him back immediately. Du Preez had us on toast, not only our defence but we had no attacking threat, Kelly, Porter (only part time) and Cockasigna had very poor games.

Do we have a place kicking coach?, left footed kickers (Bar Jonnie) always seem to struggle in my opinion.
You do remember how dire our defence was last season until Sinfield's departure, don't you???
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:04 pm Read today in DT that Kevin Sinfield is leaving the England coaching team, he does not have enough experience for that level. Also Aled is stepping up, he is taking over the media role etc as hes done very well.
That's not exactly what it said, is it. It suggested an opinion that England may opt for having a more engaging, media friendly face to link both with the players and fans, and offered a personality like David Flatman, but more likely to be Aled.

On the former point, for clarity:

"(Felix Jones') arrival in January will almost certainly see Kevin Sinfield, England’s current defence coach who joined the set-up from Leicester with Borthwick but has lacked the experience to make a significant impact on the Test stage, move on as part of a mutual agreement."
Obviously it's magnified at the moment because both our kickers are left footers and one of them is struggling. I think it's be difficult to back up your opinion with stats.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In terms of attack, I would say the players look a bit lost. I don't think that's an individual failing, probably more due to very early days in a new coaching team's journey - attack is often the last think that clicks.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:02 pm In terms of attack, I would say the players look a bit lost. I don't think that's an individual failing, probably more due to very early days in a new coaching team's journey - attack is often the last think that clicks.
Unfortunately we've been saying that and waiting for our attack to 'click' for quite some time.... :smt017
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

fentiger wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:02 pm In terms of attack, I would say the players look a bit lost. I don't think that's an individual failing, probably more due to very early days in a new coaching team's journey - attack is often the last think that clicks.
Unfortunately we've been saying that and waiting for our attack to 'click' for quite some time.... :smt017
If we'd have had the same coaching team for the last 4 years it might have clicked by now, and TBF back end of last season it wasn't too bad under Wig.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ads wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:26 pm
If we'd have had the same coaching team for the last 4 years it might have clicked by now, and TBF back end of last season it wasn't too bad under Wig.
Nor the start of this season all be it at a lower standard of rugby
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

My view is any "clicking" will depend on appearances at 10 by a certain H. Pollard.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:32 pm
ads wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:26 pm

Nor the start of this season all be it at a lower standard of rugby
As alluded to above, lack of continuity in the coaching setup. Pretty much every regime starts with basics, set pieces, kicking and defence - apart from Pat Lam, and look how that turned out so far. Attack comes later.

Top 2 teams last season were Sarries and Sale, by a country mile, how long have their head honchos been in situ?