sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale (H) - Premiership - Saturday 21st October 2023 KO:15:05

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:05 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:57 pm
peteD wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:15 am
I first thought it was an accidental clash, but seeing the replay you can see him extend his foot to complete the trip!

https://x.com/andygoode10/status/171576 ... d70GAcAZqg
I'd be interested to see the Quirke high shot on Kelly again. Was surprised that wasn't brought to sirs attention.
I'm sure it was and the response was it was impact on the ball and then caused a bounce up - or words to that effect. This was also mentioned by the commentary team, when Ugo wasn't wittering on about something or other.

It was shoulder to neck area as far as I remember, without seeing it back.
I didn't have sound watching it but there didn't appear to be an attempt to go low and neck area is still high.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I’d just like to say thank you to the medical staff who took care of my brother when he collapsed in the concourse area near the plaza before the match yesterday.

They were all wonderful - the St John Ambulance and the East Midlands Ambulance personnel, the lovely young doctor and the other two doctors who arrived with full resuss equipment (which is when I got really worried). Thankfully we could get the right medication and he is now OK.

I understand the medical staff are partially or fully paid for by the club so thank you,Tigers, as well.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:03 pm Just seen this social media post from the club: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4515832856

Is anyone aware of anything kicking off yesterday or at the last home game?
I don't do facebook and can't access this as another poster has said; could someone help us out and tell us what it's about, please?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

CJ wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:52 pm I’d just like to say thank you to the medical staff who took care of my brother when he collapsed in the concourse area near the plaza before the match yesterday.

They were all wonderful - the St John Ambulance and the East Midlands Ambulance personnel, the lovely young doctor and the other two doctors who arrived with full resuss equipment (which is when I got really worried). Thankfully we could get the right medication and he is now OK.

I understand the medical staff are partially or fully paid for by the club so thank you,Tigers, as well.
🙏
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:16 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:05 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:57 pm

I'd be interested to see the Quirke high shot on Kelly again. Was surprised that wasn't brought to sirs attention.
I'm sure it was and the response was it was impact on the ball and then caused a bounce up - or words to that effect. This was also mentioned by the commentary team, when Ugo wasn't wittering on about something or other.

It was shoulder to neck area as far as I remember, without seeing it back.
I didn't have sound watching it but there didn't appear to be an attempt to go low and neck area is still high.
I wasn't offering a defence for him or the tackle.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:03 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:03 pm Just seen this social media post from the club: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4515832856

I don't do facebook and can't access this as another poster has said; could someone help us out and tell us what it's about, please?
It was this article

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... alues-2324

Edit: It's worth noting it was released by the club PRIOR to the Sale game. So nothing to do with any behaviour at the game. I doubt any previous games either as it's a very late statement for that, suggest it's more in relation to the current situation in the middle east (that is my conjecture btw)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

probably tagging onto a "show racism the red card" event which I think was this weekend in Football
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:03 pm

Link to the main article on the club website https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... FY57WAoZPA
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well done Tigers as some of the so called England fans in France have behaved appallingly.
It’s only a minority but it needs stamping out.
Part of the enjoyment of travelling, sometimes in my own, to away games I’d the friendliness and good banter with the opposition fans:Quins , Sarries, Saints, Gloucester, Newcastle in particular are brilliant but so are the fans at the other clubs.
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Can anybody get to our coaches missing 13 players?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mothy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:55 pm Can anybody get to our coaches missing 13 players?
Cronin inj (though may be back fit)
Montoya WC
Cole WC
Chessum WC
Martin WC
(No 6) (though Carnduff came off with hand inj vs Bedford)
(No 7 now Reffell back)
Wiese (WC)
Youngs (WC) / JVP (inj)
Pollard (WC)
Watson?
(No 12 now Kata back)
Scott (inj)
Simmons (inj)
Steward (WC)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Many thanks forgot Cronin and simmonds and didn’t count Watson but happy to !!
Bptiger25

Post by Bptiger25 »

Can’t believe that some on here are happy with the :censored: that we have produced in our two games . Yes we got heaps of players not available but the coach has had these players to work with for months yet we play like we have never met each other , no back line plays just kick kick kick , we have two of the best wingers out side of the England team and they may as well be be sitting on the bench, lose two or three more games and our season could be over , i said before would love LAM doing our back line plays , that’s all not anything else yet some on here just wanted to bag him for other :censored: , if we had there back line plays with our wingers we would be two from two .
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Bptiger25 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:21 pm Can’t believe that some on here are happy with the :censored: that we have produced in our two games . Yes we got heaps of players not available but the coach has had these players to work with for months yet we play like we have never met each other , no back line plays just kick kick kick , we have two of the best wingers out side of the England team and they may as well be be sitting on the bench, lose two or three more games and our season could be over , i said before would love LAM doing our back line plays , that’s all not anything else yet some on here just wanted to bag him for other :censored: , if we had there back line plays with our wingers we would be two from two .
Second bottom :smt009 :smt009
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:12 pm
Bptiger25 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:21 pm Can’t believe that some on here are happy with the :censored: that we have produced in our two games . Yes we got heaps of players not available but the coach has had these players to work with for months yet we play like we have never met each other , no back line plays just kick kick kick , we have two of the best wingers out side of the England team and they may as well be be sitting on the bench, lose two or three more games and our season could be over , i said before would love LAM doing our back line plays , that’s all not anything else yet some on here just wanted to bag him for other :censored: , if we had there back line plays with our wingers we would be two from two .
Second bottom :smt009 :smt009
Yep everyone was saying before the premiership started how great our strength in depth was. We really should’ve won at the weekend and now looking ahead against Bath and Saracens we need a massive improvement.

We can only hope Reffell and Kata can give the starting XV a massive lift.