Tigers v Bristol (A) - Premiership - Friday 13th October 2023 - KO:19:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Farmboy

Re: Tigers v Bristol (A) - Premiership - Friday 13th October 2023 - KO:19:45

Post by Farmboy »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:45 pm The second half had some positives. We won it 14-3 for starters. One of the significant problems was that in that second half our forwards didn't link well with the backs. Dolly coming on certainly helped but Cracknell just struggled as a distributor which is fair enough as he's not really a link man style openside. Ilione could offer that and Reffell would slot into the role as well.

First half tactics went down like a lead balloon, second half we changed things up. I'm hoping we start with how we finished in the second half and build from there. Some nice interplay threatened to break out. It's a shame Brown overran the little pop back inside from Heyes as that move was very reminiscent of something Ireland use. I hope that it's an indicator of what we're trying to move towards.
Wouldn't read too much into us winning the second half as Bristol lost Their only recognised 10
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Farmboy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:58 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:45 pm The second half had some positives. We won it 14-3 for starters. One of the significant problems was that in that second half our forwards didn't link well with the backs. Dolly coming on certainly helped but Cracknell just struggled as a distributor which is fair enough as he's not really a link man style openside. Ilione could offer that and Reffell would slot into the role as well.

First half tactics went down like a lead balloon, second half we changed things up. I'm hoping we start with how we finished in the second half and build from there. Some nice interplay threatened to break out. It's a shame Brown overran the little pop back inside from Heyes as that move was very reminiscent of something Ireland use. I hope that it's an indicator of what we're trying to move towards.
Wouldn't read too much into us winning the second half as Bristol lost Their only recognised 10
Yes but we also improved, though the base line wasn’t that high.
Their 3 tries, nice third phase kick through, decent line out drive, 3rd try was slightly fortunate though well finished as Bassett was completely out of position having chased the restart.
My point they were hardly ripping us to shreds when Mcginty was on the park
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Farmboy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:58 pm

I think Williams played more than a bit at 10 in the Championship plus he's listed as a flyhalf/centre on the Bristol website. The drop in quality from McGinty was obvious though we played a different style of attack after half time which was a factor as well.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Bristol week on LTTV
https://youtu.be/Kk1My_XZpgo?si=annBjjPcg0z7-Q1a

I wonder if it would have been so focussed on Dan if they had won? Taking it on himself and seeming to be even handed in the debrief. Good leadership.