Tigers v Bristol (A) - Premiership - Friday 13th October 2023 - KO:19:45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bristol (A) - Premiership - Friday 13th October 2023 - KO:19:45

Post by Scott1 »

Qbec wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:07 am Scott1: They each were in John Mayalls Bluesbreakers before Cream 1st Eric Clapton 2nd Peter Green, 3rd Mick Taylor.
Each very good, Taylor also going on to The Rolling Stone, The others as you say Cream
Thanks for that!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Your Welcome.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Might be an age thing but I go for Hank Marvin but willing to listen to claims for George Harrison.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:54 pm Interviews with players on the pitch during the game just doesn't feel right to me. Needless innovation (sorry).
No, awful innovation. Saw Bayfield do it during our match and I wonder what his reaction would have been if someone had done that to him in his playing days. Perhaps the players will get used to it, and not look so startled or, better, fans will react badly to it and the TNT will stop doing it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:46 am
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:54 pm Interviews with players on the pitch during the game just doesn't feel right to me. Needless innovation (sorry).
No, awful innovation. Saw Bayfield do it during our match and I wonder what his reaction would have been if someone had done that to him in his playing days. Perhaps the players will get used to it, and not look so startled or, better, fans will react badly to it and the TNT will stop doing it.
Agreed, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. Let the players do their jobs on the pitch, media commitments can wait until after the final whistle.

How long until a player gets caught out of position after enjoying their chat with Bayfield too much?
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m an old fashioned! Get rid of interviewing the try scorers.
Good win for Sale today so next week will be a really hard task for our pack and the backs.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:36 am Might be an age thing but I go for Hank Marvin but willing to listen to claims for George Harrison.
Best two for me are John McLaughlin and Richard Thompson. And I'm old enough to have seen all of Mayall's early guitarists, and Jethro Tull before Barre.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:18 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:36 am Might be an age thing but I go for Hank Marvin but willing to listen to claims for George Harrison.
Best two for me are John McLaughlin and Richard Thompson. And I'm old enough to have seen all of Mayall's early guitarists, and Jethro Tull before Barre.
Think Beck, Page, Blackmore & Iommi need putting into the discussion.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Really? Mick Abrahams then. My favourite band,Stand Up is a masterpiece. I’ve seen Tull and Martin Barres band too many times to count
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:34 pm
Really? Mick Abrahams then. My favourite band,Stand Up is a masterpiece. I’ve seen Tull and Martin Barres band too many times to count
Something else for us to disagree on, then!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:33 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:46 am
Agreed, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. Let the players do their jobs on the pitch, media commitments can wait until after the final whistle.

How long until a player gets caught out of position after enjoying their chat with Bayfield too much?
Referee should have ordered him off, water boys cant just run on so why should this overgrown TV pundit get away with it.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Richard Thompson, John Renbourn and Mike Bloomfield. Peter Green for his tone.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:14 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:34 pm
Something else for us to disagree on, then!
No,I meant when Mick Abrahams was their guitarist for them and “really” as in that’s incredible that you saw them pre Tull,how amazing! Only did “This Was” and then left and formed Blodwyn Pig I believe. Did you see The John Evan Band or John Evan Smash? Or are you disagreeing on best album?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

For what it’s worth having watched all the other premiership games this weekend I don’t think it’s necessary to go into Private Frasier mode just yet.
My biggest impression from that first half was that we were under cooked which may have come as a result of the Bedford game selection where the whole match day 23 didn’t play. I think I’m right in saying that the Bristol side had played the week before against Cambridge.
First game of the season it happens, I would say Sarries had a similar issue and they were worse than us.
I also think some credit needs to be given to Pat Lam and Bristol, we were expecting their normal game plan and they came out kicking.
I would make some changes for Sale. Heyes was dreadful, for someone to be pinged once for being offside at a kick is poor to be done twice is inexcusable, however I don’t think Hurd is ready to start so let’s hope Heyes bounces back. I would also start Dolly for me he brings that extra something. Also for me a question mark over Cracknell. 2 options either straight swap for Ilione, or have a back row of Rogerson, Liebenberg and Hatherall.
In the backs Shilcock has to play whether 10 or 15, then is Powell given another start or do we go with Whitely, Powell was poor but was that as much to do with the packs lack of effectiveness
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The second half had some positives. We won it 14-3 for starters. One of the significant problems was that in that second half our forwards didn't link well with the backs. Dolly coming on certainly helped but Cracknell just struggled as a distributor which is fair enough as he's not really a link man style openside. Ilione could offer that and Reffell would slot into the role as well.

First half tactics went down like a lead balloon, second half we changed things up. I'm hoping we start with how we finished in the second half and build from there. Some nice interplay threatened to break out. It's a shame Brown overran the little pop back inside from Heyes as that move was very reminiscent of something Ireland use. I hope that it's an indicator of what we're trying to move towards.