PRTV - help!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PRTV - help!

Post by Not a jock »

Now I have an internet connection fast enough to support live streaming, I'd like to watch some matches on PRTV that aren't to be shown on TNT Sports. The issue I now have is that I haven't a clue hpw to do this. The PRTV website seems to be stuffed full of links to sponsors and the individual clubs' websites to purchase physical match day tickets. The FAQs should be an obvious place to look but it just says, "News Unavailable." I tried asking Prem Rugby but haven't received a response.

Please could someone who used PRTV last season explain how to select and view a match? Ta
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: PRTV - help!

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Not a jock wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:24 pm Now I have an internet connection fast enough to support live streaming, I'd like to watch some matches on PRTV that aren't to be shown on TNT Sports. The issue I now have is that I haven't a clue hpw to do this. The PRTV website seems to be stuffed full of links to sponsors and the individual clubs' websites to purchase physical match day tickets. The FAQs should be an obvious place to look but it just says, "News Unavailable." I tried asking Prem Rugby but haven't received a response.

Please could someone who used PRTV last season explain how to select and view a match? Ta
You make an excellent point. To watch live on PRTV last season required a subscription (£99.99, or £49.99 for club ST holders IIRC). I've not seen anything about that this season.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

Hopefully this may help

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/match- ... 76467/news

It should take you to the relevant page for the game tomorrow. There is a link to buy a tv pass.
Muggo4

Post by Muggo4 »

I used this a few times last season on a pay as you go match by match basis. There also used to be a weekly mail highlighting the matches available and the purchase options (single match, all matches that weekend, half season etc) but so far nothing has been issued this season. There appears to be no option to purchase a pass for any of the games on the website.

They have released a highlights and the full match stream 24hrs later for all games for free.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Thanks for the responses. It appears I need to wait for the league season to start.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

I believe the games are also all going to be streamed on The Rugby Network (TRN) for free, if you or your device were to end up in the USA.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

One way is the Premiership rugby app. Along the bottom edge there is a PRTV tab. The links or recording appear under that. Today I have needed to log in, but previously not needed to for the highlights or full recordings. I am currently outside UK so it may be an IP address has been detected as outside UK.
It does seem less clear and organised that in the past. I have also gone from having access via plusnet to BY sport for £10/month to needing Disney+ at £30/month unless I change my phone provider to EE then I can get TNT included. Anyone found a cheaper way if you do not have TV on a broadband package already?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Offside wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:12 am One way is the Premiership rugby app. Along the bottom edge there is a PRTV tab. The links or recording appear under that. Today I have needed to log in, but previously not needed to for the highlights or full recordings. I am currently outside UK so it may be an IP address has been detected as outside UK.
It does seem less clear and organised that in the past. I have also gone from having access via plusnet to BY sport for £10/month to needing Disney+ at £30/month unless I change my phone provider to EE then I can get TNT included. Anyone found a cheaper way if you do not have TV on a broadband package already?
I believe if you have plusnet mobile then shortly your contract will be transferred to ee mobile. This will potentially give you access to tnt sports, though it seems unlikely that it will be as affordable as by sport was and from what I hear the streaming service is flaky. Twice the price for a service that’s half as good.
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Post by SASCOkid »

Type “PRTV” into google and click on the first hyperlink. That should take you to https://video.premiershiprugby.com/pr-tv then sign in or register if you have not already done so, the link is in top right hand corner. Once signed in click on “buy PRTV live pass” in the middle of the screen and follow the instructions. You can purchase a season ticket for £129.99 which is discounted if you are a club season ticket holder. Or you can buy a single match ticket for £5.99. If you choose the latter the link to available matches will be on the same page. I’m not sure how far in advance for this option but I normally buy my ticket the day before the match. Reminder: you only get the matches that are not showing on TNT Sport and you will be able to see all match (including those shown on TNT) highlights and full match repeats 24 to 48 hours after the games for free.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

Games are also being shown on amazon prime for those with prime.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

PJM wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:35 pm Games are also being shown on amazon prime for those with prime.
Are they?! Thanks!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Most Tigers games seem to be on TNT so not on PRTV. I think it is 9 put of the first 10. I don’t seem to be able to find TNT for less than £29.99. / month ☹️
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

According to the Briz fans site there's no PRTV cameras at the ground tonight.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:47 pm According to the Briz fans site there's no PRTV cameras at the ground tonight.
I suppose they’ll be showing the TNT feed on the website
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

If the match is on TNT then it will not be on PRTV.
Just gone for TNT and you can have 2 streams so will share it with my son.