Match Day Program

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

UPFORCUP

Match Day Program

Post by UPFORCUP »

After trying at the match yesterday to get a match day program without success, I approached the Tigers shop manager and was informed that the club was no longer producing the program, not just for this competition but for the whole year. What genius at the club thought that not producing a program would help with the move to align the club and the fans. :smt018
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Match Day Program

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I may be wrong, but, I suspect that they will be doing them but digitally. The cost of printing is bonkers.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cost saving.

Can imagine their popularity has declined.

It is what it is.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Thought they announced that a while back?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Very disappointing for the club to just give up on what is a valuable part of the matchday experience for many fans. Particularly to not announce the decision, giving no chance of fans organising their own alternative.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sk 88 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:29 pm Very disappointing for the club to just give up on what is a valuable part of the matchday experience for many fans. Particularly to not announce the decision, giving no chance of fans organising their own alternative.
I think it was announced a year ago they'd go online.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 pm
sk 88 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:29 pm Very disappointing for the club to just give up on what is a valuable part of the matchday experience for many fans. Particularly to not announce the decision, giving no chance of fans organising their own alternative.
It's been more of an effort to get hold of them too. I think for most, if not all, of last season you could only get them in the shop, which was quite inconvenient in many parts of the stadium or if you arrived late before kickoff.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

I am quite regularly on the site & have never seen this announcement. There also wasn't an on-line programme for Caldy game.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 am
It's been more of an effort to get hold of them too. I think for most, if not all, of last season you could only get them in the shop, which was quite inconvenient in many parts of the stadium or if you arrived late before kickoff.
They were selling them from the little booths around the stadium, for instance there was one on Aylestone Walk just by the terrace & Mattioli Woods stand turnstiles.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:05 am

They were selling them from the little booths around the stadium, for instance there was one on Aylestone Walk just by the terrace & Mattioli Woods stand turnstiles.
They were, but only two or three booths compared to the programme sellers that used to be at every turnstile. Walking down from Morrisons to enter the terrace or MW Stand there was never a convenient purchasing point last season.
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:52 am
sk 88 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:05 am

They were, but only two or three booths compared to the programme sellers that used to be at every turnstile. Walking down from Morrisons to enter the terrace or MW Stand there was never a convenient purchasing point last season.
I imagine it was getting harder to get advertising in to help cover the cost of production as companies have moved away putting budget into this area. Equally print costs have gone through the roof in recent years and I imagine the demand has also gone down from supporters. However it would be good if the electronic version (if there really is one) could be put up in an easy to find spot on the website (or emailed to season ticket holders) on matchday and and then stored somewhere on site for reference after the game. Plus the articles from the board and others are always good to read too.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

There is also an environmental factor to take into consideration
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hadn’t, like many of the fans around us, bought a programme for many years.
I too saw the club announce there’d be a digital programme but again I’ve never bothered.
Purely a case of supply and demand and the demand just isn’t there.
Sorry for those who still like a programme but a sensible decision by the club.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/digital ... -programme

I believe people are referring to this announcement, which was solely during lockdown and stopped once in person sales resumed.

I can't see anything more recent than that.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:14 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/digital ... -programme

I believe people are referring to this announcement, which was solely during lockdown and stopped once in person sales resumed.

I can't see anything more recent than that.
Neither have I, other than saying there wouldn't be a matchday programme for Nottingham or Caldy. I suspect they'll be back for the Premiership and CC games given the wording below from the Caldy preview:
NO. There will not be a Match Programme for this game. Fans can check out Team News for both games via the club website, Tigers App and social channels.
That implies there'll still be programmes for other games in future.