Re: Tigers on Loan 2023/24

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.englandrugby.com/fixtures-a ... 0285#teams

Tigers provided the whole front row in Loughborough's 24-45 loss

Cam Miell no.1
Seb Smith no.2
Oliver Crane no.3

Miell and Smith both scored tries
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:56 am https://www.englandrugby.com/fixtures-a ... 0285#teams

Tigers provided the whole front row in Loughborough's 24-45 loss

Cam Miell no.1
Seb Smith no.2
Oliver Crane no.3

Miell and Smith both scored tries
Interesting as Crane is still listed as a Leicester Lions player, perhaps he has been lent to Loughboro'
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Despite being called Dual registration it actually works like "multiple registration". For instance George Daniels has played for Nottingham & Leicester Lions already this season. So I'd imagine Crane may step up to Leicester Lions if he plays well for Loughborough Students, or if Lions get some injuries.

Personally I don't think this switching between teams willy nilly is that great, it's quite an individualistic approach to developing a player, but it's what we're going with at the moment.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For me the key thing is we appear to have key partnerships with teams in the key divisions up to the prem

Championship Nottingham
Nat 1 Leicester Lions
Nat 2 Loughborough (also BUCS)

We now have a couple out at Chinnor in Nat 1 so we're not tied to those teams, but means we can get gametime at an appropriate level for most of our Dev Squad.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Lions have had a few over recent years and it seems to have benefitted all concerned, Chester Owen was the player last year, though he was more often used off the bench I think, It's ok as long as the Tigers don't want to have the Lions messing about with their team, we have a league to try and survive in and you need players available all the time really to be able to train and plan ahead, though Koroiyadi seems an excellent lad at the moment, I think he has scored in 3 out of 4 games so far.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LboroRugby/status/1 ... EhEtA&s=19

Ok a few confirmed (and a few assumed) loanees playing for Loughborough 1s and 2s at the start of the BUCS campaign. (Hat tip to sk88 who on Twitter identified a couple of the likely loanees who are yet to be announced.

Loughborough 1s
Ollie Allen
Morgan Meredith

Loughborough 2s
Phil Tandoh??
Ben Taylor??
Jack Kinder

Quite a few ex Tigers in their midst too.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The loughborough game v Nottingham is being streamed.

Meredith has from what I heard been a standout for the Loughborough in Nat 2 so far.

Also George Daniels starts at 15 for Nottingham Trent
Phelton Tandoh (Was at Tigers academy last season) on the bench
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:06 am The loughborough game v Nottingham is being streamed.

Meredith has from what I heard been a standout for the Loughborough in Nat 2 so far.

George Daniels played for Leicester Lions in their opening game of the season against Saale, seems to be a lot of players moving about just now?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:01 am
RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:06 am The loughborough game v Nottingham is being streamed.

George Daniels played for Leicester Lions in their opening game of the season against Saale, seems to be a lot of players moving about just now?
This could be down to the lack of an A team league, or under 23 league, players on the fringe of squads just won’t be getting any game time unless they go on loan somewhere. I would expect the number to increase once players start returning from RWC
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:01 am

Also worth saying that we have the Senior Academy guys training with us through the week, and therefore sometimes missing training with their "loan" clubs, this means that they can't always get gametime...

BUCS league is a University league completely seperate from the main league pyramid.

It's played on Wednesdays (as Uni's typically leave Wednesday afternoons free for sports)

This means that a BUCS registration wouldn't have any bearing on availability for Leicester Lions (other than management of gametime)

Typically Loughborough Uni who are in both the BUCS and Nat 2 have stronger teams in the BUCS than Nat 2, so that makes sense if Daniels is roughly playing at a Nat 1 std that he gets gametime from a mixture of places.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

At present the following loan players are listed on the Lions site as players for this season
forwards
Oli Crane
Simon koroiyadi
backs
Charlie Myall
Malelili Satala
along with Geordie Irvine from the Saints
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Morgan Meredith has a lazer boot on him.
Excited to see how he develops.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:35 am Morgan Meredith has a lazer boot on him.
Excited to see how he develops.
Out of hand or from the tee?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://bucs.tv/home/videos/zquuj8zlJ94 ... waBv3bnH-E

Full BUCS game for Loughborough v Nottingham trent is here (free sign up required)