Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Caldy (H) - Prem Rugby Cup - Saturday 9th September 2023 KO 3pm

Post by LE18 »

Harley1850 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:55 pm Here's a question where are all the tigers fans ?? Crumbie half full, breedon virtually empty, mattioli woods third full and yodel half empty !!!!
Either on beach or watching TV or cant be bothered.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:16 pm Just seen Porter has come off for Atkinson on Twitter?

Is that an injury, or is Atkinson into the centres?
He wasnt having the best of games, including dropping the ball often, as did others in a poor first half.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

LE18 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:47 pm
Harley1850 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:55 pm Here's a question where are all the tigers fans ?? Crumbie half full, breedon virtually empty, mattioli woods third full and yodel half empty !!!!
Would have loved to make it but age and immunosuppressed wouldn't favour a long stand on the 'roasting' Crumbie. Don't think I was the only stalwart missing in action.

But I'LL BE BACK!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Or playing cricket, football or rugby as all three seasons are going at the moment.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:44 pm
Or playing cricket, football or rugby as all three seasons are going at the moment.
Watching the news, like I said, so many at places like Stratford on Avon.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm
Would have loved to make it but age and immunosuppressed wouldn't favour a long stand on the 'roasting' Crumbie. Don't think I was the only stalwart missing in action.

But I'LL BE BACK!
Crumbie was in full shade you only got roasted in the Big Stand which was in blazing full sun
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I would have gone today but it is my mum's 88th birthday on Wednesday so I went to visit her today. As my username may suggest, my mum is actually on the Wirral and we drove past Caldy's ground (I know it well having lived on the Wirral until 97) on the way to take mum out for lunch, a break from the care home she is in. If the fixture had been away, we'd have stopped there. Their ground is the complete opposite to MW Welford Road, no stands, no terrace. Just some hills behind the clubhouse and lovely views across the river Dee to North Wales. Sounds like a good result though.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Was nice to spread out in the Crumbie. Was a little surprised though that the attendance was down on the match against Nottingham last week
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Nice to hear the weather hotter than the pies.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Bet the attendance will be announced as over 10,000, the same as last week - would be surprised if there were more than 5,000 actually there. The people I really feel sorry for were the guys and gals in wheelchairs - no chance to sit anywhere out of the sun - a caring club would have bought 100 large umbrellas for those who needed them. A caring club would have been distributing FREE water to those who needed it. There are some aspects of our club where someone needs to get a thinking cap on and come up with very inexpensive solutions but would show that they really care about our disabled fans.

As for the game - Ian Cant's assessment was spot-on for me and our superior fitness told in the end.
Hehehehehehehehe
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:45 am Bet the attendance will be announced as over 10,000, the same as last week - would be surprised if there were more than 5,000 actually there. The people I really feel sorry for were the guys and gals in wheelchairs - no chance to sit anywhere out of the sun - a caring club would have bought 100 large umbrellas for those who needed them. A caring club would have been distributing FREE water to those who needed it. There are some aspects of our club where someone needs to get a thinking cap on and come up with very inexpensive solutions but would show that they really care about our disabled fans.

As for the game - Ian Cant's assessment was spot-on for me and our superior fitness told in the end.
Agree the club are happy to rant on about the Tigers Family but the truth is they see us as cash on legs. There are no public water fountains and a severe lack of public seating areas in the ground and charging £3 for 500ml Bottle of water is appalling especially on the hottest day this year. They could have announced on the PA that ticket holders can use any unoccupied seats in the ground in recognition of the necessity of escaping the dangerous ferocity of the sun but they did not. I had an umbrella but frankly it helped but not much as of course I had to take it down frequently so other supporters views were not obstructed. I gave up at half time it was hellish and dangerous.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Was chatting to a Caldy supporter about the fact that BillyTwelvetrees has gone to Ealing… and I’ve just seen the score: Ealing 48, Saints 22 - and 36 wasn’t even playing! 😝
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Lutontiger wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:03 pm Was chatting to a Caldy supporter about the fact that BillyTwelvetrees has gone to Ealing… and I’ve just seen the score: Ealing 48, Saints 22 - and 36 wasn’t even playing! 😝
Thought Saints would struggle, looking at their teamsheet. Their scrags weren't up to much when we played them in that friendly in the spring.
LtPigeon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LtPigeon »

Whilst water fountains would be useful, credit must be given to the club for providing pint glasses of cold water free of charge. They were available from the bar in the Final Whistle for anyone to take - very welcome on such a hot day!