RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Offside wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:02 pm Are we sure Ben is not injured? Nothing I have seen from either of these scrum halves make me think this is a good idea against Argentina. :smt017
Definitely nothing confirmed but it should be remembered that this is not must win. This is essentially the one game that we can afford to lose.

As such I don't think anyone will really be playing with knocks (except maybe Curry who needs game sharpness over protection from knocks)

Take this as a strong team but not our out and out best 15. If we lose we will probably see it against Japan, if we win vs Argentina it may be the ¼'s before we get the 100% strongest team picked.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Eddie trying desperately to get sacked with his team selection!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

So the start is finally upon us, any last minute bold predictions for game this evening or the tournament as a whole?

If people are still as glum about England's chances, Samoa at 11-1 to reach a quarter final might be worth a punt if you are so inclined to do so. I might also keep an eye on Italy to reach a quarter final, especially if France lose tonight.
Last edited by wigworth on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am So the start is finally upon us, any last minute bold predictions for game this evening or the tournament as a whole?

If people are still as glum about England's chances, Samoa at 11-1 to reach a quarter final might be worth a punt if you are so inclined to do so.
Argentina by 7,SA to win the tournament. England to lose in the QF to Oz :smt003
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:35 am
wigworth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:34 am So the start is finally upon us, any last minute bold predictions for game this evening or the tournament as a whole?

If people are still as glum about England's chances, Samoa at 11-1 to reach a quarter final might be worth a punt if you are so inclined to do so.
Argentina by 7,SA to win the tournament. England to lose in the QF to Oz :smt003
Don't think you're too far away there Scott! QF for England will allow the RFU to remain in denial.... :smt015
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

England get to QF, SB and all in RFU keep their jobs. Big clear out after world cup of players and cycle for 2027 starts. Need to develop some attacking flair that works at international level by next 6N or press will grumble further.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I am an optimist, England will do better than most people expect. Borthwick whatever the result should keep his job and be given time to build.his team for the next World Cup.
The one thing that is certain is that the press will not be helpful, if results on the pitch are good they will seek out scandal, if they can't find any they will invent them.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I recall, but is could be an urban myth, of a classic recording of a BBC Home Service programme in the 1930s where they said there was no news! News outlets seem to want to generate their own news. I think investigative journalism is important but talking heads making up stories or reporters trying to catch people out, rather than asking the important questions is a problem in our society.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

'There is no news': What a change from 1930 to today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39633603
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No it was true! It was a question once on QI I believe with Stephen Fry
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anyone know the commentary teams real quick please? Not sure to watch on BBC or ITV
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sam Cane out,Vaai takes his place. Rettalick comes onto the bench
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Normal French service resumed; opposition anthem played as though a dirge and their own? :smt003
But Allez les Bleus
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:53 pm Anyone know the commentary teams real quick please? Not sure to watch on BBC or ITV
No coverage on BBC TV, only radio.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Well well well. Hot start.