Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: RWC 2023 Fixtures and results

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:27 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:26 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:25 pm Game on,missed a knock on though a few phases back so can’t be looked at
Seems like it could 😂
Yep TFS was wrong then! And last nights forward pass try shouldn’t have stood
Just cus you doubt me Scott 😉

Here is the World Rugby Protocol on when TMO's can get involeved

Television Match Official (TMO) Protocol | World Rugby

https://resources.world.rugby/worldrugb ... y-2022.pdf

Some quotes from it...
Where match officials believe a Clear and Obvious infringement may have occurred in the immediate two phases of play leading to a try being scored, or in the preventing of a possible try from being scored. In referrals classified as Formal Reviews, sections of Law that may be checked within this period include:
(Skipping to the knock on)

Law 11: Knock-On or Throw Forward
▪ All Clear and Obvious knock-on or throw forward infringements within two phases leading to a possible try.
▪ All Clear and Obvious knock-ons where the on-field team have awarded the scrum to the incorrect team to feed the ball.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:50 pm
thebearisstilldeano wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:48 pm Proper impressed with Kolisi.
Hell of a guy - loved it last year when the womens cricket World Cup was in SA. He was front and centre supporting the SA women’s team
I've been to SA quite a few times and it is easy to view it as being like the UK.

Our divisions ( party, Brexit, class, economics) pale into insignificance compared to the inheritance they have from aparthide, something that still hangs heavy on a nation with so much potential.

I know too that this result will lift folk in all the surrounding nations in Southern Africa.

Glad it was the Boks. Wish it had been us.

Now COYT!
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:21 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:19 pm I wonder how the Kiwi press will treat their captain?
They’ll blame The System
And so it came to pass. And Cheika…
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jamie George worried about a potential Borths sacking,no chance! 3rd place isn’t bad considering so he’s definitely gonna get to complete the next RWC cycle unless things go badly wrong
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:26 am Jamie George worried about a potential Borths sacking,no chance! 3rd place isn’t bad considering so he’s definitely gonna get to complete the next RWC cycle unless things go badly wrong
Quote below:
Jamie George will certainly not be a happy man if Steve Borthwick is sacked by the RFU after England's third-placed finish at the Rugby World Cup. Borthwick's side performed above expectations in France despite the benefit of a favourable draw, although South Africa ultimately proved too strong for them in the semi-England finished their campaign on a high note with a hard-fought win over Argentina to clinch the bronze medal and leave Borthwick with praise ringing in his ears. The 44-year-old endured a tough start to his time in charge of England but has since proved his mettle to bring a fresh wave of optimism in spite of their Rugby World Cup exit.

George is a huge admirer of Borthwick, who he believes is the 'perfect man' to continue leading England as they begin to prepare for the next edition of the tournament in 2027.

"For me Steve is the perfect man," said George. "He never sits still, I don’t think he ever sleeps. I have huge confidence in him to make sure we get this right. If those contracts do come in I have every confidence he will do it in the absolute right way that does not take away from the club game, because that’s something that means a lot to me."
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The idea of Steve in charge of these contracts terrifies me tbh! Although I’d feel slightly better if it was more close to 25 than 20
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Farrell at 10 hahahahaha

Midi Olympique’s World XV
15. Thomas Ramos
14. Will Jordan
13. Jesse Kriel
12. Bundee Aki
11. Mark Telea
10. Owen Farrell
9. Aaron Smith
1. Ox Nche
2. Peato Mauvaka
3. Frans Malherbe
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Scott Barrett
6. Jac Morgan
7. Pieter-Steph du Toit
8. Ardie Savea
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 pm Farrell at 10 hahahahaha

15. Thomas Ramos
14. Will Jordan
13. Jesse Kriel
12. Bundee Aki
11. Mark Telea
10. Owen Farrell
9. Aaron Smith
1. Ox Nche
2. Peato Mauvaka
3. Frans Malherbe
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Scott Barrett
6. Jac Morgan
7. Pieter-Steph du Toit
8. Ardie Savea
Haha, the token Englishman! Can't tie the bootlaces of the other players in that list :smt044
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:50 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:37 pm Farrell at 10 hahahahaha

15. Thomas Ramos
14. Will Jordan
13. Jesse Kriel
12. Bundee Aki
11. Mark Telea
10. Owen Farrell
9. Aaron Smith
1. Ox Nche
2. Peato Mauvaka
3. Frans Malherbe
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Scott Barrett
6. Jac Morgan
7. Pieter-Steph du Toit
8. Ardie Savea
Haha, the token Englishman! Can't tie the bootlaces of the other players in that list :smt044
Wasn't even Englands best 10!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Mbonambi says England were "unprofessional" to have made a complaint, and that it's sad that the English assume everyone else speaks English - they should have just gone online and done a translation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/67344906

A) This interview was done in English. No one is assuming that Mbonambi speaks English. He does speak English.

B) if you use Google to translate "white c&%£" from Afrikaans to English, you still end up with.... "white c&%£".

Pretty unprofessional, in my opinion, to do an interview criticising a fellow professional for something he is already receiving a lot of online abuse for. To be honest it makes me think Mbonambi did actually say white c&%£ and he's criticising Curry/England to try to deflect from himself. If it was indeed just a misunderstanding, surely just say "he misunderstood, different language, no hard feelings, move on"?

Also, very dangerous message to criticise anyone for reporting alleged racism, isn't it?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Think there is more to this that meets the eye/ ear...England hardly in a position to claim the moral highground re any racism in Rugby.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm Mbonambi says England were "unprofessional" to have made a complaint, and that it's sad that the English assume everyone else speaks English - they should have just gone online and done a translation.

A) This interview was done in English. No one is assuming that Mbonambi speaks English. He does speak English.

B) if you use Google to translate "white c&%£" from Afrikaans to English, you still end up with.... "white c&%£".

Pretty unprofessional, in my opinion, to do an interview criticising a fellow professional for something he is already receiving a lot of online abuse for. To be honest it makes me think Mbonambi did actually say white c&%£ and he's criticising Curry/England to try to deflect from himself. If it was indeed just a misunderstanding, surely just say "he misunderstood, different language, no hard feelings, move on"?

Also, very dangerous message to criticise anyone for reporting alleged racism, isn't it?
I can't help but think this is a mischievous ligustic deliberate pun. Much as when the kids I used to coach at cricket cottoned on to the fact that the cry of "Catch it!!" sounded very much like feline excrement.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

there is certainly a prevailing societal attitude that black people cannot be racist to white people which is often held by those most vocal about social injustice, blind to the racial discrimination they are in fact perpetuating.

I find the irony of that quite amusing to be honest, as for this incident, Curry thought he heard something and reported is a players are instructed to do. Really not sure what else he was supposed to do?
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:50 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:30 pm Mbonambi says England were "unprofessional" to have made a complaint, and that it's sad that the English assume everyone else speaks English - they should have just gone online and done a translation.

I can't help but think this is a mischievous ligustic deliberate pun. Much as when the kids I used to coach at cricket cottoned on to the fact that the cry of "Catch it!!" sounded very much like feline excrement.
Well said Big Dai, the old ones are always the best.. The neighbours had a tabby called " Cooking Fat!" to get it back in.. :smt003
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!