Leicester Tigers Women 2023/24 - Vicky Macqueen in 'The Magnificent Fifteen'

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BarmyBamford

Re: Leicester Tigers Women 2023/24 - Vicky Macqueen in 'The Magnificent Fifteen'

Post by BarmyBamford »

Apart from ( maybe) youtube I'm not sure.
It would be nice if LTTV had something.

Roar ladies Roar
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester Tigers Women 2023/24 - Vicky Macqueen in 'The Magnificent Fifteen'

Post by Darc Tiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:52 pm where is the women's league shown, highlights etc.? I would have thought the club would publicise it.
Coverage of the cup will probably be pretty sparse. We should get trylights. I'll post them if/when they appear.

Last season, the Prem had at least 2 games streamed per round on the competition website or the BBC, plus trylights. Hopefully they'll improve on that with this relaunch.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

TigerXV wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:44 am Good luck - will be a real test but can't wait to see how we match up at this level regardless of the result. Massive progress by the club and the foundations are in place
I think it's the ideal first game. Not a stacked team, so we should be competitive, but a good step up.

Putting preseason into practice more important than the result. Staying in the fight for 80 minutes. Put some tries away against a tougher defence.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think they would have been happy if they had got a TBP in the last quarter. Still, we were still in the game in closing minutes, which is good. Sounds like we played positively. Plenty to take away and learn from, and we have to learn quickly.

Looking forward to watching them at Oval Park next week.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

One thing that bodes very well for us is Meg Jones' performance off the bench for England. Pretty much every touch she had was quality. :smt026

Catha Jacobs also bagged a try today for South Africa against the BaaBaas.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For those interested in partnership with the Rolling Maul pod, there is now a sister podcast for the women's team the "LTW Fancast"

Here is their first tweet for those on Twitter still (refuse to call it X)

https://twitter.com/LTWFancast/status/1 ... noxhg&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

It would appear we've added to our Scottish contingent, with young Stirling/RAF centre Orla Proctor.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

England team to play Canada (Youtube - Saturday, 1500):
Kildunne; Breach, Jones, Reed, MacDonald; Aitchison, Hunt; Botterman, Cokayne, Muir, Aldcroft, Beckett, Talling, Allen, Packer (capt).
Replacements: Powell, Carson, Bern, O'Donnell, Galligan, Packer, Bridger, Dow.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Darc Tiger wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:11 pm It would appear we've added to our Scottish contingent, with young Stirling/RAF centre Orla Proctor.
That's four RAF in the squad now, with Cokayne, Nye, Defilippo and Proctor.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

4 Tigers in an exciting looking Scotland team for their warm-up against Spain on Saturday evening.

Rollie, Lloyd, Orr, Smith, McGhie, Nelson, McDonald; Bartlett, Skeldon, Belisle, McMillan, Bonar, Malcolm, McLachlan, Gallagher.
Replacements: Martin, Young, Cockburn, Wassell, Donaldson, Mattison, Thomson, Musgrove
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Sagapolu and Feury start for the USA, with Brody on the bench, in their warm-up with Wales tomorrow.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Team to face Worcester at Oval Park at midday tomorrow. Not far from me, so I'm looking forward to a double header!

15 Caz Collie [1]
14 Zoë Evans [16]
13 Linzi Taylor *
12 Katie Childs [18]
11 Amy Relf [16]
10 Natasha Jones (c) [18]
9 Polly Roberts *
1 Churchy Knight [19]
2 Alana Bainbridge [1]
3 Ofure Ugiagbe [19]
4 Maddie Massey *
5 Kat Turner [17]
6 Morgan Richardson [18]
7 Roisin McBrien (vc) [18]
8 Becky Noon [16]

REPLACEMENTS
16 Tanya Bird [13]
17 Caitlin Clark [1]
18 Georgie Grimes [1]
19 Amy Orrow [1]
20 Sydney Mead *
21 Zoe Warrington [13]
22 Lucy Nye [8]
23 Charlotte Daley [8]

Core of the team remains, with a few rotations and debuts. 6-2 split. Churchy and Fuz become to first women to reach 20 appearances for the club. Should be a competitive match. Hopefully we can pull out a first win, because the games are gonna get tougher.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/match/a ... c3d60aa5ad

Bit of a mixed bag today. Another tough loss, but plenty to take away, including our first point at this level. I thought we were really combative and competitive around the park, and we matched them in many areas. Unfortunately, our defence just wasn't good enough against what looked a well-coached Worcester attack. Particularly early on, they found it far too easy to get on our outside, and later on they sliced us open through the middle. Lots of players out there with little/no experience at this level, so its understandable, but need to adjust quickly.

Zoe Evans put in a great shift on the wing, and looked like her game has moved on a lot from last year. Katie Childs really stepped up for me, and was so often the impetus and focal point in attack. Caz Collie is a canny addition and made multiple big clearances. Georgie Grimes had a strong game at tighthead, having come on very early. Amy Orrow was very prominent in the 2nd half and gave us front foot ball.

I thought Worcester's discipline was pretty poor and cynical as the game went on, as they looked to spoil any momentum, and were eventually punished by the ref late on. I thought there was a stone-cold red card for an upright head-on-head, that ended Churchy's match in the 2nd half, which the ref inexplicably gave as penalty only.

Its going to be hard going the next couple of matches against strong Bristol and Exeter teams, but plenty of opportunites to learn for this group before the cavalry arrives from the internationals.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Meg Jones provided 2 assists and a couple of conversions in England's scruffy 29-12 win over Canada. Amy Cokayne pulled out of the match prior to kickoff.

Fran McGhie and Elis Martin both scored in Scotland's comfortable 36-5 win over Spain, with Leah Bartlett and Eva Donaldson also involved.

Sagapolu, Feury and Brody's USA side lost out 38-18 away in Wales. Amelia Tutt will unfortunately miss WXV due to injury. Hopefully she can get fit for the start of the Prem.