Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Rhys Webb and Elton Jantjies

Post by Scott1 »

wardy wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:58 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 pm
jgriffin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:07 pm
Agreed. Certainly at higher and leagues in Wales - rife in the gyms there and subject to a few exposes in the press. Most anabolic stuff likely happens out of season, in preseason and early heavy training. I should suspect many 'recovery agents' are being used; athletics is a major test bed. Tigers not exempt - ripped bicep attachments and the like are telling signs of it.
Yes,nolvadex and Clomid and other masking agents and post cycle therapy stuff
Hell, my wife was prescribed Clomid and we had twins!! :smt038
Congratulations!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Clomiphene (clomid) is a PED because it can increase testosterone rather than a simple masking agent.

As with many of the performance enhancing drugs they have legitimate uses.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

What I don’t understand about Rhys Webb and his (alleged) doping is that it seems to have turned him orange. Now, I’m no expert, but that seems to be a major drawback to covert drug taking!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

mol2 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am Clomiphene (clomid) is a PED because it can increase testosterone rather than a simple masking agent.

As with many of the performance enhancing drugs they have legitimate uses.
No one would ever use clomiphene on its own as a testosterone booster in a cycle. It is used for a PCT (post cycle therapy) to try and keep your gains but it can also be used mid cycle in case you start getting symptoms of gyno such as itchy nipples. Nolvadex is used for the same thing. You would run them after a test/dianabol (or anavar or winstrol depending if you're bulking or cutting) cycle as your natural test has been depleted
Last edited by Scott1 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

loretta wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:56 am What I don’t understand about Rhys Webb and his (alleged) doping is that it seems to have turned him orange. Now, I’m no expert, but that seems to be a major drawback to covert drug taking!
Hahahahaahahaha!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Here's a good one to detect HGH use with just the eye test. Get some before and after pictures of said player and look at the shape of their skull,especially their jawline. Look at their neck too
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

loretta wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:56 am What I don’t understand about Rhys Webb and his (alleged) doping is that it seems to have turned him orange. Now, I’m no expert, but that seems to be a major drawback to covert drug taking!
Unless he has been ODing on Sunny Delight...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:23 pm
Unless he has been ODing on Sunny Delight...
You know when you've been Tagoed! (other orangy products are available). :smt044 :smt044
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Makes you wonder about Gavin Henson….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

:smt005
loretta wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:23 pm Makes you wonder about Gavin Henson….
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:25 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:08 pm
Yes,nolvadex and Clomid and other masking agents and post cycle therapy stuff
Congratulations!
My friend Dai had Blodwyn and she had twins too, blamed it on the lack of Brains apparently! :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:25 am

Congratulations!
My friend Dai had Blodwyn and she had twins too, blamed it on the lack of Brains apparently! :smt002
Is that Big Dai, our esteemed forum colleague 🤔
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

There is only so much Brains you can drink. Perhaps it's better in the pub but the Brains they served at the Millenium was dire.

Mind you the Guinness when Tigers beat Leinster (going back a few years ago) was the worst I had ever tasted. Fortunately we found much better in the pubs in Dublin!

The worst thing about the demise of Wasps was the loss of the nice pints of the Purity they sold.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

mol2 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:56 pm There is only so much Brains you can drink. Perhaps it's better in the pub but the Brains they served at the Millenium was dire.

Mind you the Guinness when Tigers beat Leinster (going back a few years ago) was the worst I had ever tasted. Fortunately we found much better in the pubs in Dublin!

The worst thing about the demise of Wasps was the loss of the nice pints of the Purity they sold.
Still to be had at Cov
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

mol2 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:56 pm There is only so much Brains you can drink. Perhaps it's better in the pub but the Brains they served at the Millenium was dire.

I seem to recall that this "Stout!" was not Guinness but an Everards concoction of a type of porter. I recall my colleague saying he would not even put it on his fence. ~ Apols. to Everards if I am wrong as I like their Copper Tiger.