Test 3 – Saturday the 2nd of August 2025 at Accor Stadium, Sydney

Non-test matches against all 5 Super Rugby franchises, plus Anzac Invitational:

vs Western Force @ Optus Stadium, Perth on 28th June
vs Queensland Reds @ Suncorp, Brisbane on 2nd July
vs Waratahs @ Allianz, Sydney on 5th July
vs Brumbies @ GIO, Canberra on 9th July
vs Invitational Australian and New Zealand XV @ Adelaide Oval on 12 July
vs Melbourne Rebels @ Marvel, Melbourne on 22nd July
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 2025 Lions Tour fixtures confirmed

Post by Scott1 »

Be interesting to see who gets the gig,be Farrell or Borths I reckon
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:49 am Be interesting to see who gets the gig,be Farrell or Borths I reckon
Schmidt? He'll be available post RWC. Unless the world cup goes very well for England I don't think it'll be Borthwick. Farrell and Townsend might will definitely be options, hopefully Gatland won't.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:40 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:49 am Be interesting to see who gets the gig,be Farrell or Borths I reckon
Schmidt? He'll be available post RWC. Unless the world cup goes very well for England I don't think it'll be Borthwick. Farrell and Townsend might will definitely be options, hopefully Gatland won't.
Schmidts a good shout,but I think it will be someone already based over here,although it wouldn't hurt if he could plot up here post RWC. Hopefully the Gatland ship has finally sailed!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

My guess would be Farrell as coach and Farrell as captain.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

I’m shocked by this fixture list! We are meant to be concerned for player welfare yet several of these matches are close together and we know all will be challenging games, as who doesn’t want to play their best game and players against the Lions?
I know there will be squad rotation, but certain key players will have to play most of these matches. In a year when we’ve heard of the early retirement of several great players, plus the sad early death of Dodie Weir from MND, I’m hoping and praying that there is someone in the organisation wise enough to reconsider these dates, especially as we know some of our players will be included. 😢
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Eddie ??? :smt026 :smt003
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The squad size may be increased to reduce the game time for players and their welfare...
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I could honestly see a wildcard like ROG get it
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:17 am I could honestly see a wildcard like ROG get it
Yes please!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:34 am
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:17 am I could honestly see a wildcard like ROG get it
Yes please!
If he is still HC at La Rochelle it might be difficult date wise. But he would be my first choice then Townsend.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Final test 2nd August, how soon after that will Premiership.players be available to their clubs? Will.they be back.in time to leave for the Autumn internationals?
The French season with play offs runs until the end of June and recommences mid August, will Lions qualified players in France be to tour? I recall that a few years back Halfpenny took leave from Toulon to join up with the Lions possibly costing the club that paid his wages the trophy, he was released and frankly who could blame Toulon.
Availability may rule O'Gara out for the Lions job, I would imagine success or failure in the World Cup could determine who gets the role, personally I think.it should be a person who when younger would have been qualified to play in the team.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Does anyone have an experience with getting Lions tickets? We are planning a trip to Aus to coincided with the Tour but would only need tickets (lots of family in Aus) so wouldn't want a full package if that makes sense.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

watsonjm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:18 pm Does anyone have an experience with getting Lions tickets? We are planning a trip to Aus to coincided with the Tour but would only need tickets (lots of family in Aus) so wouldn't want a full package if that makes sense.
They will be VERY difficult to get hold of outside of either an organised tour, or official channels.

For example, Super Rugby members have today been emailed about limited opportunities to enter a BALLOT for the right to buy Lions Test tickets!
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

tjs10inOz wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:28 pm
watsonjm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:18 pm Does anyone have an experience with getting Lions tickets? We are planning a trip to Aus to coincided with the Tour but would only need tickets (lots of family in Aus) so wouldn't want a full package if that makes sense.
They will be VERY difficult to get hold of outside of either an organised tour, or official channels.

For example, Super Rugby members have today been emailed about limited opportunities to enter a BALLOT for the right to buy Lions Test tickets!
Not the news I was hoping for but also not unexpected