Travelling to Stade Francais

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Craig123

Travelling to Stade Francais

Post by Craig123 »

Hey people. I am thinking about traveling to Paris to watch our away game against Stade, and I was wondering if any of yours have been before. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Travelling to Stade Francais

Post by Rugbygramps »

Never been myself Craig but I would imagine Eurostar would be a decent option. My son attended the 7s at Stades ground a few years back and that’s how he went and found a local Air BnB
Craig123

Post by Craig123 »

Cheers, mate. Good shout about Euro star.
HandOfBack
Tiger Cub

Post by HandOfBack »

There are some flights into CDG airport from Luton which is nice and easy.
We are driving and staying in the Hotel Ibis Saint - Denis Stade Sud. Its just across the road and was only £66 a night when booking :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Craig123 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:21 pm Cheers, mate. Good shout about Euro star.
Especially now it runs from St Pancras which is where trains from Leicester stop. Can book a ticket all the way through from Leicester station. If you can afford it upgrade from standard class, 3 seats across not 4, food and drink served at table no ghastly queuing in the buffet. At least, it used to be like that. Just need to check.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Anybody using a wheelchair needs to.let Eurostar know, there is an automatic upgrade to 1st class for the user and carer but they only permit two per train. You should also be aware that the metro system is not very wheelchair friendly!.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

The last few times I’ve been to London St Pancras, the queues for Eurostar were IMMENSE! So suggest you give loads of extra time for boarding 🙁. The queues were shorter in the late afternoon.
bakerman
Tiger Cub

Post by bakerman »

Booked flights from Birmingham to Orly Paris on Saturday morning return Mon evening £100 each. 🍾🥂🍺
Craig123

Post by Craig123 »

Nice mate. Where abouts are you staying?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Lutontiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:54 pm The last few times I’ve been to London St Pancras, the queues for Eurostar were IMMENSE! So suggest you give loads of extra time for boarding 🙁. The queues were shorter in the late afternoon.
All down to a certain referendum...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:22 pm
Lutontiger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:54 pm The last few times I’ve been to London St Pancras, the queues for Eurostar were IMMENSE! So suggest you give loads of extra time for boarding 🙁. The queues were shorter in the late afternoon.
All down to a certain referendum...
The gift that keeps on giving
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I have been in Eurostar a few times before Brexit and since and there has always been queues, the same applies at ferry ports, I don't think I have been through Dover since the referendum but can say it made little difference to Portsmouth ferries.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I use Dover - Calais ferries, channel tunnel and/or Rotterdam - Hull ferries at least twice a year, return. The first few years after brexit there wasn't really any change. There were always the odd times when the .... hit the fan and it all went wrong.

The last few years though have changed a lot due to French border controls needing to do more now we are not part of the EU, the same in airports as well. It's definitely changed for the worse, but it's just brought it in line with travel to the rest of the world, before hand we just pretty much wandered through customs, now we actually have to be checked.....
bakerman
Tiger Cub

Post by bakerman »

Craig123 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:03 pm Nice mate. Where abouts are you staying?
Hi we are staying at Ibis Styles 16, about 500m from the ground, roughly £80 a night per room.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I do remember in about 1982 or 3 driving to an exhibition in Milan, I went From England to France through, Belgium, Luxembourg back into France, Switzerland and Italy returning by more or less the same route with a detour into Germany, all those borders and no one examined my passport. If course we were in the Common Market then not the European Union, before the Common Market you could buy a British Visitor single use passport valid for a short time from the Post Office popular for those just going on holiday or on a day trip. So glad that the bureaucracy of joining and of course leaving the Common Market/ European Union made life simpler for travel.