TNT Sports

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

TNT Sports

Post by wigworth »

It seems BT Sport has rebranded into TNT Sports.

https://www.bt.com/sport/features/what- ... s-it-offer

I don't know if this will have any implications for rugby broadcasting going forward, seems like an integration into the American Warner Bros. Discovery network.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: TNT Sports

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With the prem fixtures out, we are on the new TNT sport for the first 8 rounds, round 9 is our first on PRTV I think.

They have announced the TV schedule for the first 11 rounds, we're on TV 10 out of those 11 rounds
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Only relevant thing I’ve seen so far is that Hugo Monye stays with an expanded role, he’s not bad but not the best, no mention of any others as yet.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

BarmyBamford wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 am Only relevant thing I’ve seen so far is that Hugo Monye stays with an expanded role, he’s not bad but not the best, no mention of any others as yet.
Is that his cousin from the Cotswolds? :smt005
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

It was being mentioned a lot towards the end of last season where they said nothing should change it was just a rebrand of BT sports.

Re Hugo, Craig ‘l love Ireland ‘ Doyle is one of those who has taken over from Scofield on This Morning, so assume he will be doing less on the rugby
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Grannyman wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:29 am
BarmyBamford wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 am Only relevant thing I’ve seen so far is that Hugo Monye stays with an expanded role, he’s not bad but not the best, no mention of any others as yet.
Is that his cousin from the Cotswolds? :smt005
Death by text checker maybe ?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:47 am It was being mentioned a lot towards the end of last season where they said nothing should change it was just a rebrand of BT sports.
The only change i believe is that if you are a Discovery subscriber you can save yourself £7 or so per month, as that will be covered by the TNT subscription (£30/month!).
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

A bit more info from the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... new-faces/

Some new presenters added which will most likely mean a decreased role for Healy and Dallaglio, which I am sure will go over well with some.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

It's become a bit too expensive for me to justify I'm afraid... :smt022
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

We've also just dumped BT sports, I had the app and was only paying £5 a month but they've pulled it from plusnet customers and wanted £20 odd per month or something to carry on. The wife deals with it and I'm sure she isn't telling me porkies....
Last edited by ads on Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think I still get the app through my EE contract
CrumbieGrumbler

Post by CrumbieGrumbler »

Here is a link listing the line ups for each sport

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/all-sports/ ... tory.shtml
Last edited by CrumbieGrumbler on Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

"Orla Chennaoui will join TNT Sports’ rugby coverage and present a selection of live Gallagher Premiership matches in addition to her role as Eurosport’s lead cycling presenter. Craig Doyle will continue to host live match coverage and Ugo Monye will take on an extended role that will see him add presenting roles alongside punditry. The voices of rugby on TNT Sports will include commentators Alastair Eykyn and Nick Mullins."

"New rugby pundits include Stuart Hogg, who has recently retired after a stellar career that included 100 international caps and a domestic and European double with the Exeter Chiefs in 2020, and Emily Scarratt, Women’s Rugby World Cup 2014 winner and top point-scorer and Team GB captain at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. They will join a host of familiar names including Martin Bayfield, Lawrence Dallaglio, Brian O’Driscoll, Sarra Elgan, Austin Healey, Ben Kay and Sam Warburton."

Congrats to Scaz! She's a strong pundit, and very comfortable on mic and camera.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I would rather listen to Dayglo than Doyle...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:53 am I would rather listen to Dayglo than Doyle...
Me too, although it's close!