New Kit Launch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Kit Launch

Post by ads »

Surely we just wear the home strip against sarries and Newcastle. The black one is a change strip rather than away.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ads wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:55 am Surely we just wear the home strip against sarries and Newcastle. The black one is a change strip rather than away.
Last year the club now used them as home and away kits, last year our change kit clashed with Gloucester and instead of the home kit being worn we wore the women's away kit (the cyan one). This year mens and womens kits are the same, so it is likely there is/will be a 3rd kit.

Question is "what" that 3rd kit will be. Will it be the pink kit.... Quite possibly, against that is the fact that the "barbie" shot was definitely a photoshopped image of the home kit, but that could be because they haven't done a photoshoot with it, or because they are deliberately misleading (there is another shot on social media showing what looks like a pink/red kit folded on the bench)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yeah, you tell the Barbie one is a photo shop, cos there's green bits showing through.

I reckon the pink would look nice with green and white hoops. I had a BMX in those colours when I was a kid in the late 80's!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ads wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:03 pm Like that. Probably my favourite actually.

Really wish they hadn't put the big Tiger head on the home kit though.
I really like the home kit. With the release of various retro designs in recent times I think they couldn't really just release what would otherwise be a fairly basic take on a traditional design. I'm not sure the same ghost image style design we have on the black shirt would have worked on the hoops.

It's a bold design though so you won't please everyone, I'd still consider better than most of our home kits in the last 10 years.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Pink kit today? Tigers have changed their twitter logo to Pink with the same fractal pattern in the background
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:47 am Pink kit today? Tigers have changed their twitter logo to Pink with the same fractal pattern in the background
To add fuel to this on instagram Topps Tiles have posted a pink "teaser"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to think it is!!!

Got my son wanting the home kit...

Think my 4 year old pink obsessed daughter may be liking this one...
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

All the social media is back to green now... Not sure what the pink was about then?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:36 am All the social media is back to green now... Not sure what the pink was about then?
May have been a little teaser (which shows support for the Lionesses in the semifinal yesterday) like the barbie post as to what a 3rd kit may look like
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:52 am
kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:36 am All the social media is back to green now... Not sure what the pink was about then?
May have been a little teaser (which shows support for the Lionesses in the semifinal yesterday) like the barbie post as to what a 3rd kit may look like
If it was using pink was a little bit of gender stereotyping...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I think it was a teaser to the pink 3rd kit that will be released sometime between now and the new shop opening on Wednesday.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

mightymouse wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:58 pm We only play 9 away games in the premiership now and yet out away strip potentially clashes with 3 of them! That doesn’t seem to make sense to me to have a kit that can’t be worn for a third of the games.
Just to be pedantic the black shirt is not described as the away kit but the change kit so I assume when the colours clash for away games we will not use the change kit.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:34 pm
mightymouse wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:58 pm We only play 9 away games in the premiership now and yet out away strip potentially clashes with 3 of them! That doesn’t seem to make sense to me to have a kit that can’t be worn for a third of the games.
Just to be pedantic the black shirt is not described as the away kit but the change kit so I assume when the colours clash for away games we will not use the change kit.
Yet the other kit is the "home" kit.

Last season our change kit clashed with Gloucester, instead of playing in our home kit we player in a seperate change kit...
For me there's been too many hints about a 3rd kit being pink for it not to come to fruition
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Hasn't it always been change kit in rugby? I mean, it used to be the home side that changed their kit if there was a clash. Nowadays clashes could be to do with colour blindness as well as just light/dark kits, so sometimes the change kit might not be right. Which helps the marketing dept I'm sure...
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ads wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:31 am Hasn't it always been change kit in rugby? I mean, it used to be the home side that changed their kit if there was a clash. Nowadays clashes could be to do with colour blindness as well as just light/dark kits, so sometimes the change kit might not be right. Which helps the marketing dept I'm sure...
Alternate/change, yes.