23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Created another Injury list for the upcoming season.
Unavailable list as we know or suspect:

Injured

Guy Porter he is meant to be back in full contact training post concussion issues so expect him back soon.

Cam Henderson very sadly out for the season.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/in ... the-season

Anthony Watson won't be playing anytime soon.
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... AzOOw&s=19

Harry Simmons had eye surgery after getting a hand off in the face

Suspended
None

Away with Internationals
None
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by Rugbygramps »

Photos where Chessum is included seem to show him support free and he taking part in some non contact training
Fingers crossed he may well be back before initial estimates
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Sounds like Pollard may feature soon for the Springboks.

Here’s hoping he is fully fit and not being rushed back for the WC…

https://twitter.com/chrisjonespress/sta ... 41152?s=46
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:03 am Sounds like Pollard may feature soon for the Springboks.

If they were going to rush him back they'd have done it for the NZ game. The pre tournament friendlies are ideal for getting some match fitness. You certainly wouldn't risk him in those friendlies.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:35 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:03 am Sounds like Pollard may feature soon for the Springboks.

If they were going to rush him back they'd have done it for the NZ game. The pre tournament friendlies are ideal for getting some match fitness. You certainly wouldn't risk him in those friendlies.
I hope You’re right Sam! Pollard showed his worth in the second half of last season and I cannot wait to see him fully fit and integrated into DMK’s plans. Pollard with OHC and Kata as strike runners and the rest of the squad staying stable is going to be fun!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:10 pm

I hope You’re right Sam! Pollard showed his worth in the second half of last season and I cannot wait to see him fully fit and integrated into DMK’s plans. Pollard with OHC and Kata as strike runners and the rest of the squad staying stable is going to be fun!
Pollard's a class act in his prime. Injury is the only thing holding him back. Dan Kelly back fit to play alongside him should hopefully help reduce the need for him to make some of the tackles and give him a great outlet at 12.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:51 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:10 pm

Pollard's a class act in his prime. Injury is the only thing holding him back. Dan Kelly back fit to play alongside him should hopefully help reduce the need for him to make some of the tackles and give him a great outlet at 12.
Having a settled Pollard, Kelly partnership is going to be gorgeous to watch. Attack, defence, ability to swap at 1st receiver, kicking, physicality and subtle touches.

For both guys’ sake - I hope they stay fit and can have an injury free season after their last couple seasons 🤞🏻 both lads deserve some luck.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sadly the way Pollard, Weise and Montoya play it will be amazing if they come back fit. Montoya has to play nearly 70 minutes for Argentina as no one else is good enough or fit enough to play even half a game.
Then if the England lads have to have 3-5 weeks rest time after the World Cup surely the 3 mentioned will need the same.
Selfishly I hope Chessum and Pollard aren’t rushed back by their countries.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:56 pm Sadly the way Pollard, Weise and Montoya play it will be amazing if they come back fit. Montoya has to play nearly 70 minutes for Argentina as no one else is good enough or fit enough to play even half a game.
The other hookers in the squad are Creevy who was Montoya's mentor with Argentina and is a class act. The third choice is Socino who's played plenty at Glaws. I'd say they are both good enough. It's just that Montoya doesn't tire as quickly as most hookers because he's such a machine. Hopefully Chieka isn't so foolish as to play to much before the big games. There's enough quality in the Puma squad to not necessitate it.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Done an update with Pollard's latest news plus Henderson and Porter not in final squads
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:44 am Done an update with Pollard's latest news plus Henderson and Porter not in final squads
Stirling work TFS. In a selfish Tigers POV, not bad having a few return home, though individually a huge shame. I hope Pollard is not pushed and can return to Tigers for some Training if still on ‘Standby’. Having him integrate into calls and systems even if not playing will be a big boost. I just hope It’s not deja-vu like last season with Handrè…

Wells has also been photographed in training yesterday I believe. So hopefully that means Wells Henderson and Carter as the main locks with L Chessum, Manz and Carmichael in the PRC early season.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Still no sign of Carter. I wonder, with the later start to the Prem season, if he's been signed on a pro-rata contract running from the start of September perhaps. Gives him a summer off back home and then 6 weeks or so to integrate with the squad before the Prem starts whilst allowing the club to save on 2 months or salary.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

A lot completely disregarding Williams. At lock? Or all together?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Wells pictured in preseason training with Cronin.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:40 am Still no sign of Carter. I wonder, with the later start to the Prem season, if he's been signed on a pro-rata contract running from the start of September perhaps. Gives him a summer off back home and then 6 weeks or so to integrate with the squad before the Prem starts whilst allowing the club to save on 2 months or salary.
Very good point. With the premiership starting in October there I no need for him to be there before September particularly with the short term signing of Williams who can do a job off the bench or against the 3 championship sides