Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

For me that sounds like
Simmons post eye surgery is a bit away.

Dolly may be available this weekend as a sneaky pick but probably a week or two...

Porter; available now, the wording of his statement doesn't say he hasn't been able to do contact for previous days but worded it so that opposition may think he's not fully prepped...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

given JVP was supposed to be close to a return the silence on him has become annoying, he's probably not with Tigers atm so wouldn't expect McKeller to say anything
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:10 pm given JVP was supposed to be close to a return the silence on him has become annoying, he's probably not with Tigers atm so wouldn't expect McKeller to say anything
He's definitely with Tigers as he's been on a few club socials (such as the on about their favourite footballers) recently. And there is no way a returning player would be in the reckoning for the France game realistically.

The club did also say after he was close to a return that he had a setback (but didn't specify ho much of a setback). He is I expect close to a return, but suspect that the club asked off the record not to be asked about him or Hurd so that Gloucester cannot know either way about them yet...
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:26 pm For me that sounds like
Simmons post eye surgery is a bit away.

Dolly may be available this weekend as a sneaky pick but probably a week or two...

Porter; available now, the wording of his statement doesn't say he hasn't been able to do contact for previous days but worded it so that opposition may think he's not fully prepped...
I understood Simmons suffered a detached retina, which is A) very painful and B) a long spell on the sidelines. I suspect he's done for the season, poor chap.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4s9T2mspdM ... RuYmNpNQ==

Will Hurd training in the background of one of these so he may be fit again
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:10 pm given JVP was supposed to be close to a return the silence on him has become annoying, he's probably not with Tigers atm so wouldn't expect McKeller to say anything
He was at Kingsholm last week as a waterboy
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Retiredseven wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 pm
He was at Kingsholm last week as a waterboy
from memory that happened earlier in the season and we all thought he'd play in the next few weeks after, fingers crossed its second time lucky in his return
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

A very interesting breakdown of the loading of international players and the ones at risk of exceeding the hours to be played = compare the load of Peter O'Mahony with Chessum and Otoje.
Hehehehehehehehe
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 pm A very interesting breakdown of the loading of international players and the ones at risk of exceeding the hours to be played = compare the load of Peter O'Mahony with Chessum and Otoje.
The article I read too was an eye opener, it must be a nightmare for both players and coaches, do you play them in premiership games but not in cup final or premiership semi and final games or vv, do you save minutes for the England summer tour. The stats for Itoje were interesting. “Under union deal, players are limited to the equivalent of 30 games (2,400 minutes) a season.
Having played 23½ times, and with three Tests to come, Itoje should be restricted to 3½ club games” (when they could have 14 left with Cup games included). The same goes for Ollie Chessum whose played 24 times.

I totally support player welfare but clubs need to play their internationals particularly at the back end of the season.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

This is why players should have an amount of time that they can play for club and country as separate numbers. That means that the club can take into account the value they will get from a player and England would be limited on how often it can use players and force a degree of squad rotation.

If players take part in the 6 nations and the autumn internationals and do not take part in the summer tours, they could be free for as few as 14 games for their club. So much for 10 teams meaning we get to pick our internationals, that is not a full league season let alone playoffs, Europe and the PRC.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... HZ2bg&s=19

McKellar has confirmed that JvP is in the running to play this weekend....
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Dolly out in the warm-up
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 pm Dolly out in the warm-up
That would make a big difference to us. Fit and in form he's a quality player and will ease the burden on Montoya.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Hope that Kata's injury isn't serious and was just cramp
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:09 pm Hope that Kata's injury isn't serious and was just cramp
Looks like he's in training.

Not the first time he's gone down like that in a match.