23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:00 pm we have what 2 games left? I'd take the 5 week ban and tell them to shove their presentation
Then the three games carry over to the start of next season. Says so in the verdict.

Irrespective of what you think of the officiating this is rugby and aiming bad language at the match officials is not acceptable. I'm sure Mike is annoyed with himself for not keeping his mouth shut and letting his frustrations boil over.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:03 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:00 pm we have what 2 games left? I'd take the 5 week ban and tell them to shove their presentation
Then the three games carry over to the start of next season. Says so in the verdict.

Irrespective of what you think of the officiating this is rugby and aiming bad language at the match officials is not acceptable. I'm sure Mike is annoyed with himself for not keeping his mouth shut and letting his frustrations boil over.
there is a difference between swearing to someone and swearing at them, I believe Mr Barnes has spoken about it in the past
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The extra 3 are suspended till the end of next season.

I hate how they do suspensions in weeks, when in reality they are *match* bans... as they only count towards the ban if the team has a match.

That said if they are having 2 friendlies next season it could be over and done by then...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
CrumblingTerrace
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

A well-deserved ban for Brown, who should know better.

It doesn't matter if you think Carley was exceptional or awful, he's the referee and you have to respect his position.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Another ban from swearing at/towards officials, not great for the club.

Complete with the barest Item on the website.

Very generous of the panel to consider tonight's game as a serious one (an area Rugby really needs to tighten up on) as from the team selection the club consider it slightly differently...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:34 pm Another ban from swearing at/towards officials, not great for the club.

Complete with the barest Item on the website.

Very generous of the panel to consider tonight's game as a serious one (an area Rugby really needs to tighten up on) as from the team selection the club consider it slightly differently...
Well it is consistent.

Pre-season friendlies have always counted to bans.

Saints hooker also had a friendly count to his ban this season.

The most inconsistent bit was when the PRC was midweek, some citing panels counted the midweek games to bans and others didn't, meaning Porter or Chessum (get mixed up which had the longer one, other people at other clubs had those count in bans too) had different length bans.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Seems he will be available for Exeter game apparently. Three weeks have been suspended. Misses tonight and Sale.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The fourth official also noted that both sides had behaved with "notably poor values" during the game.

That was pretty obvious. Way too much backchat to the referee, but he seemed to enjoy it.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

For me there has to be more rigorous application of marching sides back 10m for backchat.

Far too much of it at times. More obvious on TV than at the ground.
SETiger

Post by SETiger »

Different refs have their own lines the players shouldn't cross, which is understandable. Where it gets annoying to this viewer, especially given you can't hear everything that's said, is when a ref says "I don't want to hear from you again" and then remains all chummy with the other team. It's up to you to not get yourself in that situation I suppose, but I'd love to know what Dan Cole said to get put on the naughty step. I wasn't expecting Ellis to win that particular battle.

I seem to remember the best teachers at school were the ones who didn't play favourites, even though they must have had them!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

SETiger wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:59 am Different refs have their own lines the players shouldn't cross, which is understandable. Where it gets annoying to this viewer, especially given you can't hear everything that's said, is when a ref says "I don't want to hear from you again" and then remains all chummy with the other team. It's up to you to not get yourself in that situation I suppose, but I'd love to know what Dan Cole said to get put on the naughty step. I wasn't expecting Ellis to win that particular battle.

I seem to remember the best teachers at school were the ones who didn't play favourites, even though they must have had them!
Those two were winding the ref up a couple of times, brothers in mischief it seemed to me. Lots of grins exchanged.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/in ... the-season

Chessum confirmed out for the season following surgery
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Chessum out for the summer tour too so that means George Martin is never being rested for that tour either...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:26 pm Chessum out for the summer tour too so that means George Martin is never being rested for that tour either...
& on previous evidence come back broken...already a bit fingers crossed for Chessum Snr & Henderson being fit for the start of next season.

Martin shouldn't be anywhere near NZ this summer.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’ve said it before so here we go again:George Martin is Borthwick’s go to player as witnessed at the end of the 6 Nations. If sense prevailed players like George Martin and Earle would be rested this Summer but they won’t be.
Chessum to hasn’t looked fully fit since returning from England!
Get well soon Ollie.