23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by johnthegriff »

I heard he is still a few weeks away from a return. Highlights the difficulty of forecasting medical recovery, some previous coaches were branded as liars by fans when saying a player would be back in a couple of weeks which then extended to six. Usually they were simply passing on their unqualified opinion or the stated opinion of the fitness and conditioning team.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

There were photos of JVP warming up before Saracens and he has been pictured in training snaps this week.
IMO Whitelyhas been doing fine no point in risking him
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Club announced Martin is out for a number of weeks with a knee issue.

Tough timing for both us and England…
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:58 am Club announced Martin is out for a number of weeks with a knee issue.

I’ve just seen it described as a short term stint so who knows
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:58 am Club announced Martin is out for a number of weeks with a knee issue.

He'd likely be missing for us anyway, so perhaps not bad timing from a club perspective.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Saw he was being treated on field v La Rochelle .. looks like same knee he was out with after WC.
Great shame for big George .. I think he has been our stand out player since back from that injury and he was definitely Englands stand out player v The Boks in the semi .. I’d like to have seen him and Chez and Maro playing together at 4,5 and 6, in the absence of Lawes.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

It is a great shame for George and for Tigers with Henderson out as well.

I just hope George isn't one of those unlucky players that is injury prone generally, he's had more than his fair share for one so young.
Soggypitch
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The irony of Tigers being pushed into a Injury Update by Borthwicks England is hilarious...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think given Hurd will be available that we'll probably be ok for the Quins game and the PRC semifinal, but I wonder if we may pick up a loan player if we make the final?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:17 pm I think given Hurd will be available that we'll probably be ok for the Quins game and the PRC semifinal, but I wonder if we may pick up a loan player if we make the final?
I think the likelihood of Hurd being picked for Scotland is low, though he’s done well to make the squad. It is possible that by the time of the final, either Cole or Heyes will be surplus to England requirements
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:17 pm I think given Hurd will be available that we'll probably be ok for the Quins game and the PRC semifinal, but I wonder if we may pick up a loan player if we make the final?
I think the likelihood of Hurd being picked for Scotland is low, though he’s done well to make the squad. It is possible that by the time of the final, either Cole or Heyes will be surplus to England requirements
Hurd is one of only 3 Tightheads in the squad.

Every game you send 3 Tightheads to. One starting, one bench and one reserve in case of injury in the warm up. He will go to every game for Scotland unless they call up another Tighthead. The PRC final is on the Friday before the 6N game so he can't be released in time even if Scotland don't use him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:35 pm

Every game you send 3 Tightheads to. One starting, one bench and one reserve in case of injury in the warm up. He will go to every game for Scotland unless they call up another Tighthead. The PRC final is on the Friday before the 6N game so he can't be released in time even if Scotland don't use him.
Excellent point which I hadn’t thought of, so the same would apply to Cole and Heyes too
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:38 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:35 pm

Excellent point which I hadn’t thought of, so the same would apply to Cole and Heyes too
Correct, if we make the PRC final we are down to Richardson, Hoyt and Crane I believe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/adamjwhitty/status/ ... mfQVQ&s=19

Hanro Liebenberg “very close to a return”, Dan McKellar tells me with a little smile. JvP and Watson a “wait and see” on whether they’ll feature for Tigers before 6N. No sign of any returning hookers though.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the England announcement talked about Martin being injured, did he go off injured last Sunday are is Steve just wanting to give him time off because of the injury at the World Cup?