Southern Hemisphere Rugby Championship

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Southern Hemisphere Rugby Championship

Post by LE18 »

Just been watching the SA v A match, wow what a game of tough rugby that was. Running, Passing, offloading great skills, so fast, played in a good spirit, well referred by Brace, how I wish we could play with that intensity. England's kicking game is so boring, I cannot see us having any chance against this style of proper running rugby.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Argentina could definitely have won that one
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Didn't watch SA v Argentina match but does anyone know why Montoya went off first half? Presumably it was an injury.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:48 pm Foster saving his career this year it seems.
Could see him being picked up by Aus IF Eddie got a post RWC sack

I don't see Eddie going before the Lions
Or is it Schmidt?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jacko27 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:16 am Didn't watch SA v Argentina match but does anyone know why Montoya went off first half? Presumably it was an injury.
I’ve only watched the highlights but he was back on the 2nd half. Wander if it was blood bin a his head was taped up
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:09 pm Just been watching the SA v A match, wow what a game of tough rugby that was. Running, Passing, offloading great skills, so fast, played in a good spirit, well referred by Brace, how I wish we could play with that intensity. England's kicking game is so boring, I cannot see us having any chance against this style of proper running rugby.
I think you’ll find England will play with a different type of intensity though it will be a tough first match against Argentina.
Also imo South Africa will be a different side with their strongest 15 out and Pollard at the helm
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I hope for a NZ France final for the sake of entertainment
A2O
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:41 am I hope for a NZ France final for the sake of entertainment
Luckily we don't even need to wait that long for that match up, but it would be quite something if the first and last match ends up being France vs NZ.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:44 am
ay2oh wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:41 am I hope for a NZ France final for the sake of entertainment
Luckily we don't even need to wait that long for that match up, but it would be quite something if the first and last match ends up being France vs NZ.
Was that the case with SA v England 2007?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:47 am
wigworth wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:44 am
Was that the case with SA v England 2007?
No I am almost positive the first match of the tournament was France vs Argentina when Argentina pulled off the famous upset. SA were in England's group but they were the second team they played after they had beaten the USA.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Next 2 games for Eddies Australia, New Zealand in Dunedin and France away. Good luck with those 2
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

2 thrashings then
A2O
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Australia are so frustrating as it feels like the raw ingredients of a good side are there, they're just severely lacking in key areas (front row the biggest in my book) and to me they just feel soft. They're not too dissimilar to England in some ways although I feel like England are in a better position than they are.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:26 am Australia are so frustrating as it feels like the raw ingredients of a good side are there, they're just severely lacking in key areas (front row the biggest in my book) and to me they just feel soft. They're not too dissimilar to England in some ways although I feel like England are in a better position than they are.
Agree totally. It’s why I mentioned what a loss Alatoa will be. Tupo is very strong but also seems fragile. Physically you nullify Skelton and Valetini and they then rely on their backs with back foot ball. I think they are also struggling at half back. White is a good player but knock the attitude out of him and he is half the player. Cooper is no longer a test player and non of the youngsters are there yet
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:26 am Australia are so frustrating as it feels like the raw ingredients of a good side are there, they're just severely lacking in key areas (front row the biggest in my book) and to me they just feel soft. They're not too dissimilar to England in some ways although I feel like England are in a better position than they are.
Yes, I think even close to our worse we are still ahead. We were poor in Oz and still managed a series win!