LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by Tigerbeat »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:11 pm
PAW2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm Lets hope he isnt in a Ben Herring or Dave Denton situation
Thought Ben Herring was good for us
Both Ben Herring and Dave Denton were good for Tigers but both had regular concussions and/or symptoms forcing them to quit playing the game. They could have gone further in their careers.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

I forgot about Dave Denton. I was so excited at his signing - such a sad ending for him.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:36 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:16 pm What's going on with Guy Porter?

I was mischief-making when I suggested his presence in Aus over Christmas was suspicious, but maybe I wasn't that far wide of the mark
It's confirmed he's been out with concussion, but is back training with the squad (note McKellar does not say he was doing contact training)

Protocols state that if you have 3 concussions within a 12 month period you have to have a 3 month break.

We don’t know if he's had that requirement on him but the period of time out suggests that is the situation.

Given his last game was 18th November, that suggests the earliest we'll see him is the 19th Feb (assuming the game was when he got concussed, but may have been after that).
Indeed. He played the full 80 in that game so, as you say, it might have been later.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Fissler suggesting we are potentially looking at Sam Spink to replace Porter for next year (though Exeter and Sale are also interested among other prem clubs)

https://x.com/rugbypass/status/1756244693245943943?s=46
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:42 am Fissler suggesting we are potentially looking at Sam Spink to replace Porter for next year (though Exeter and Sale are also interested among other prem clubs)

https://x.com/rugbypass/status/1756244693245943943?s=46
Spink would be a good pick-up. If Sale are looking for a Tuilagi replacement though we may not have the cap to challenge on his signing...

Still to be convinced that Porter is the most likely guy to leave though if we're chasing a center.

I think both Cokanasiga & probably Scott are out of contract and Porter likely is contracted for next season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Thomas Gallo as a loose head anyone…?!?

I know I’ve mentioned it as a loose hope, but this suggests there could be more in it?

https://www.onrugby.it/2024/02/12/benet ... -italiane/

Translation and excerpt below for those who can’t click the link:

But that's not all. In the green and white house the ideas are different. In the third line the profiles under the magnifying glass are those of Jadin Kingi and Giulio Marini, while on the front line, with the Argentine Thomas Gallo who could leave in the direction of Leicester and the hookers Giacomo Nicotera and Gianmarco Lucchesi heading towards France, the ideas are called Riccardo Genovese and Nicholas Gasperini, without forgetting Destiny Aminu.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RunTigerRun wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:06 pm Thomas Gallo as a loose head anyone…?!?

I know I’ve mentioned it as a loose hope, but this suggests there could be more in it?

https://www.onrugby.it/2024/02/12/benet ... -italiane/

Translation and excerpt below for those who can’t click the link:

But that's not all. In the green and white house the ideas are different. In the third line the profiles under the magnifying glass are those of Jadin Kingi and Giulio Marini, while on the front line, with the Argentine Thomas Gallo who could leave in the direction of Leicester and the hookers Giacomo Nicotera and Gianmarco Lucchesi heading towards France, the ideas are called Riccardo Genovese and Nicholas Gasperini, without forgetting Destiny Aminu.
Would be a great signing
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:11 pm
PAW2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm Lets hope he isnt in a Ben Herring or Dave Denton situation
Thought Ben Herring was good for us
Great beard
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Couple of interesting whispers about Tigers. Firstly we got offered Jesse Kriel, however his agent wanted silly money and what we were prepared to pay was way off the agent's valuation.

Secondly is regarding prop and that Luan De Bruin is apparently close to a return back to us. Personally don't have an issue with that as a back up prop. He did ok in that role last time out, and can cover TH. Indeed, we still don't know if Coley is staying on for next season so he may well be coming in as a back up TH. Either way, as back up, I'm comfortable with that, if indeed true.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I thought de bruin was very good for us previously. Don’t know about back up can see him being first choice.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:21 am I thought de bruin was very good for us previously. Don’t know about back up can see him being first choice.
Yes,much better than a back up prop for me too
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:21 am I thought de bruin was very good for us previously. Don’t know about back up can see him being first choice.
Whilst i can see that, it all depends for me. Let's say we're looking at Genge and Gallo also - is he better than those two? Not for me. Is he a good option to have? Yes, absolutely.

This is pure speculation at this point, but lets say we have a trio of Genge/Gallo, De Bruin and Whitcombe as LH's, that would be class. As would Heyes, De Bruin and Hurd if Coley does cash his chips in.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Do people seriously think Genge is coming back, just because he has a gym in Leicester*?

*I live in Leeds so have no idea where his gym is, I've just seen it mentioned....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:50 am Do people seriously think Genge is coming back, just because he has a gym in Leicester*?

*I live in Leeds so have no idea where his gym is, I've just seen it mentioned....
I don’t believe Genge would move back to live in Leicester, whether he would come back to play and commute it’s possible.
He has talked about opening another gym in Bristol. FYI the gym is at the bottom end of New Walk.
Gallo in at loose De Bruin at tight would be ideal imo
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:56 am FYI the gym is at the bottom end of New Walk.
👍